EFMods Forum Archive
[Click here to go to EFMods.com]

SFC

EFMods Forum Archive - Off Topic
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 3:35 pm, 28th November 2002
Is it worth getting SFCIII or not because its out tomorrow and i was just woundering whever or not its worth bying

I liked the first 1 but not the others but this is set in TNG Universe so it should be better then the others but what do you think?

StarFleet Command 3 if you didnt no
Get a Life Get Half Life2
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 4:40 pm, 28th November 2002
If it's in the TNG time, then I would think it would be better than the first two. I would suggest you check out some screenshots and maybe even a demo if there is one before you decide.

Captain of the USS Serenity
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 5:25 pm, 28th November 2002
I'm getting it, I own SFC1 and SFC2, I dont play them that often but I think they are really fun. SFC3 is, well, different, it just is. The screenshots look great, and the weapon and crew system I think seems really good.

I was wondering about the release date because Carlos already made a mod for it and I was wondering how on earth he did it since it's not out yet, but that's one of those different release dates for different continents things.

BTW, Happy 2500th post Scooter

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Commanding Officer - Starbase 460
Member of the Year 2002
REMEMBER: Scooter crashed the SQL Server on 25th November 2002 - really? did he? i forgot that
Commander luke
Commander

Posted at 5:35 pm, 28th November 2002
It is too out! it came out on November 11th. Well, here, I dunno about over the "pond".

I'm getting it for christmas Grin It looks really good, I can't wait to blast rommie's in a Intrepid class Grin
Damn, lost 400 posts...
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 6:49 pm, 28th November 2002
I might by it something to test on my new system Hehehe!
carlos_technology
Commodore

Posted at 8:44 pm, 28th November 2002
Simmo666 said:
I was wondering about the release date because Carlos already made a mod for it and I was wondering how on earth he did it since it's not out yet, but that's one of those different release dates for different continents things.

first, I looked for anything I could edit
then I found a file called
DefaultCore.txt
which is where you can edit the amount of mass available for each system
I opened it as a delimited text file using tabs (opened in Microsoft Excel)
and edited it
and thats how I made my mod
you can get my mod here
http://www.sfc3files.com/file.info?ID=7854

Captain of...
visit the Offical Irc channel #efmods on irc.quakenet.org
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 9:08 pm, 28th November 2002
Is it like BC, BC is easy to mod i hope its like that to mod and game wise

is it like BC with out the Bridge?
carlos_technology
Commodore

Posted at 9:09 pm, 28th November 2002
Skipper said:
Is it like BC, BC is easy to mod i hope its like that to mod and game wise

is it like BC with out the Bridge?

its similar to BC, but it is not the same

Captain of...
visit the Offical Irc channel #efmods on irc.quakenet.org
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 9:58 pm, 28th November 2002
I'm sure you'll get some arguments from a couple of people here who think that BC isn't easy to mod. I havent had any trouble getting used to modding SFC1+2, I hope (once I've completed the whole game), I'll get people's mods working fine.

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Commanding Officer - Starbase 460
Member of the Year 2002
REMEMBER: Scooter crashed the SQL Server on 25th November 2002 - really? did he? i forgot that
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 10:10 pm, 28th November 2002
Ugh! Modding for BC! WHY COULDN'T THEY USE SOMETHING LIKE PK3'S???????!!!!!!!!!!!
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 10:32 pm, 28th November 2002
I fort BC is the easy game to mod of all hehe well its only the 2nd 1 i have tried to mod I tried to use the GDK for EF but couldnt DOH like for BC I have put a new title screen saying "In the Next Generation Universe" with stars in the back ground and 2 sov class ships and the title glose up but i have sent it to BCfiles about 2 days ago but they havent put it on and they taken off my other 1 the 2 Suns Wah! well i couldnt find them the other day tell me if im wrong
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 3:34 pm, 29th November 2002
Well i played half way frew the first Fed Mission so far and it looks promissing but not on my new computer yet getting it tomorrow its got to be on a test for 24 hour or something to see if it works right Wah!

The computer not SFCIII /o\ thats why im not playing on SFC much just testing it at the moment to see what its like and boy what a intro not as good as Armada intro but still good