EFMods Forum Archive
[Click here to go to EFMods.com]

Dauntless Registry

EFMods Forum Archive - Off Topic
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 3:33 pm, 1st December 2002
Hey I just noticed that the dauntless's registry was NX-01 A Grin
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 8:01 pm, 1st December 2002
Well done. Here, have a gold star.

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Commanding Officer - Starbase 460
Member of the Year 2002
REMEMBER: Scooter crashed the SQL Server on 25th November 2002 - really? did he? i forgot that
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 8:34 pm, 1st December 2002
and a Cookie or do you prefer Donuts hehe
Get a Life Get Half Life2
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 8:42 pm, 1st December 2002
Big shiny parrot sticker for you.

That's another gripe that people have with Enterprise. Should have been called Dauntless.

Captain of the USS Serenity
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 8:53 pm, 1st December 2002
Scooter said:
That's another gripe that people have with Enterprise. Should have been called Dauntless.

I've never heard of that before. Since it was a fake ship, it shouldnt matter.

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Member of the Year 2002
REMEMBER: Scooter crashed the SQL Server on 25th November 2002 - really? did he? i forgot that
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 12:35 am, 2nd December 2002
It may have been a fake ship, but it was intended to appear real. The ship with registry NX-01 would be the most well-known ship to any Starfleet officer. To make it believeable, both ships would have to be of the same name. Since NX-01-A was called Dauntless, that indicates that NX-01 was also called Dauntless.

"Hey look Dauntless NX-01-A!"
"Yeah but shouldn't it say Enterprise?"

See, doesn't make sense. And besides, calling it Enterprise is extremely lame because that name was first used by NCC-1701 and besides it's getting a bit old after 30 years of usage. Goes to show there's no creativity left. Another reason why Enterprise is a stupid name is because they didn't want it to be StarTrek anymore, hence the absense of the word "StarTrek" in the show's title. But the name Enterprise is automatically equated with StarTrek.

Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 6:27 pm, 2nd December 2002
Well it just wouldnt be right if they called the NX-01 ship Dauntless. Nobody would really like it. What I also hate is when people criticize all this, trying to prove lots of stuff. Why not just say that the Voyager crew forgot or didnt realise it was named wrong.

Also, they couldnt have two ships named Enterprise in service at the same time, so you couldnt have Enterprise NCC-1701-E (or was it still D?) and the Enterprise NX-01-A.

Starfleet did not always give the second ship (or later) a -A, -B etc after it. Notice the USS Defiant NCC-1764 ("The Tholian Web" -TOS). Shouldnt the DS9 Defiant then be called USS Defiant NX-1764-A?

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Member of the Year 2002
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 9:11 pm, 2nd December 2002
The Defiant wasn't NX-1764-A because it wasn't named after NCC-1764 just like the first Intrepid class ship USS Intrepid wasn't named after the old USS Intrepid. It's the "-A" on the end that indicates it's named after a previous ship, so NX-01 should really be called Dauntless.

Saying that Voyager crew forgot or didn't realize is the easy way out and leaves too many loose ends. Saying that the timeline has gotten all screwed up is better.

Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 9:26 pm, 2nd December 2002
Scooter said:
The Defiant wasn't NX-1764-A because it wasn't named after NCC-1764 just like the first Intrepid class ship USS Intrepid wasn't named after the old USS Intrepid. It's the "-A" on the end that indicates it's named after a previous ship, so NX-01 should really be called Dauntless.

I realised that when I wrote it. But how is it not named after it if it is named the same. Notice the plaques say "The first starship to bear the name" etc, other mixups that you might want to explain now/

The Dauntless was a fake ship, so it does not exist. The Voyager crew was suspicious about the ship aswell, so the registry number mixup might have made them suspicious, [but if they had mentioned this mixup it would have confused the audience (because they didnt know of the NX-01 in the first place and it would simply generally confuse them)].

Also, the fact that the Voyager crew just found a new ship, that could get them home really fast, would probably 'take over' their mind, and most likely they would not care about a simple registry error, but instead they would think about getting home.

Again, with the Defiant. When the Sao Paulo was renamed, it was changed to Defiant, obviously in honor of the previous vessel to bear the name, the registry was seen as NX-74205, not NX-74205-A (because of the stock footage usage), and they would not assign it the same registry number EXACTLY. Just another messup I wanted to share.

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Member of the Year 2002
JamesGrayson
Cadet 1st Year

Posted at 12:04 am, 3rd December 2002
Or they're just in denial, saying "Defiant never was destroyed. We have no idea what you're talking about. It's right out there."
Captain James Grayson
United Federation of Populated Planets
Anonymous
Posted at 2:57 am, 3rd October 2003
I think I know why it was NX-01 A because the enterprise was the first vessel of its type ever it was NX-01 and because the Dauntless was the first Transwarp starfleet vessel even though it was fake is NX-01-A get it first Warp 5 Vessel NX-01 First Transwarp Vessel NX-01-A
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 2:10 pm, 3rd October 2003
Whoever you are, you're wrong. The 'A' suffix is only used for vessels of the same name and registry. NX-01 should have been called Dauntless.

Borgking
Cadet 4th Year

Posted at 7:50 pm, 3rd October 2003
or we can be like worf about the klingon ridge thing "we dont talk about it with outsiders" (that also works for star trek 5)
"Warp core breaches have never been more fun."