EFMods Forum Archive
[Click here to go to EFMods.com]

My nuckels have gone red

EFMods Forum Archive - Off Topic
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 11:08 am, 19th October 2003
Yes my nucles have gone red from hitting the computer screen so much most of the web pages dont come on only thew at a time and then after a while it says action cancled and then my MSN stopped working for ages then just recently it comes on every now and then but be for long im going to throw it out of the window soon enougth

any 1 else haveing problems or is it just mine?
Get a Life Get Half Life2
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 11:11 am, 19th October 2003
I'm not having any problems, things are working fine. Sounds like a local problem with stuff to do with your ISP/Computer.

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Commanding Officer - Starbase 460
Member of the Year 2002
REMEMBER: Scooter crashed the SQL Server on 25th November 2002 - really? did he? i forgot that
LeprechaunTrekker
Commander

Posted at 1:17 am, 22nd October 2003
Great thing about broadband in the USofA, you can depend on it a lot, because you pay about $50 us per month for it, and mine runs on the same as my cable service. Got to love it. What do you guys use? 56K, Broadband, DSL, etc?

Deputy Security Officer up for hire...
-----------------
T'pol: "It's my understanding that your mating ritual is effective in easing tension."
Trip:"That hadn't always been my experience."
-ENTERPRISE Episode 22: "Fallen Hero"
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 6:08 pm, 22nd October 2003
at the moment im useing a 56k modam but in November sometime about the 12th im getting BroadBand yipeee carnt wait thats just going threw ower normal phone line i think but not sure because i no nothing about it apart from you can d/l stuff alot faster btw how fast is broad band like mine is a 56k and d/l at 2 to 4.5kb per sec which takes too long to d/l Mods and that the only thing i use at the moment is GetRight so at least i can go back and resume where i left off hehe
LeprechaunTrekker
Commander

Posted at 2:26 am, 23rd October 2003
That's awsome. I love broadband though. 56K blows. I will never use it again. I went from dowload speeds of tops 4.9 Kb/s to easily 200 kb/s, I tell you its great.

-----------------
T'pol: "It's my understanding that your mating ritual is effective in easing tension."
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 3:04 am, 23rd October 2003
I'm on cable, and it's not broadband it's baseband. Na na!

Captain of the USS Serenity
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 4:25 pm, 23rd October 2003
What ever! Considering everywhere calls it Broadband, even the companies and adverts supply Broadband, I would think it would be called Broadband, even if it is not the name it used to have, should have, etc.

600kb (kilobit) connection, 75 kilobytes a second, one of the better connections in the UK (but in the USA will seem incredibly slow with their things like 1 megabyte per second speeds possible even).

Most of the UK Broadbands are 128 kilobit connections (just over 2 times as fast as 56k - when you put it like that its damned slow still. 256k, 512k, 600k, 1 Megabit, basically the ones available)

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Commanding Officer - Starbase 460
Member of the Year 2002
REMEMBER: Scooter crashed the SQL Server on 25th November 2002 - really? did he? i forgot that
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 5:45 pm, 23rd October 2003
ill yet you no when i get it carnt wait and also im getting a new sub for my speakers because my speakers havent been working for about a thew months (not asageurating not sure about the spelling) but i finaly got around to sending an Email to Creative telling them they dint work went threw aload of stuff asking me questions but finaly got to no it was the subs fault something blew inside or something so i had to send some proof threw that ive had the speakers\sub in less then a year sent that this morning so in a prob about a month i should have my speakers working again because im sick off useing my head phones so something to look forward to hehe
LeprechaunTrekker
Commander

Posted at 10:52 pm, 23rd October 2003
Well its something to look forward to. Believe me its a nice thing to be able to just pop the modem on and click right onto the internet, saves the pain of dialing up. You got to love it.

-----------------
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 1:06 am, 24th October 2003
Around here the basic plan is 1.5Mbit downstream. DSL customers with lots of money can get a 4Mbit downstream plan which the office where I work is supposed to have but I did a speed test and it was only 1.5Mbit so I spent two hours today fighting with the ISP trying to get it increased to 4MBit and get a refund for the service we weren't getting. I got bounced around from person to person and being put on hold so much I got really mad so I put the guy on hold and he escalated me to level 2 where finally I got some results.

Captain of the USS Serenity
LeprechaunTrekker
Commander

Posted at 1:17 am, 24th October 2003
That's what sucks about big companies, or heck the federal government did the same thing with my parents when they had a question about our tax return, but that really really pisses me off when people do that. I had to wait on hold for 3 hours with DELL one time when I needed them to take me through wipping my hard drive. Pisses me off.

-----------------
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 6:50 pm, 28th October 2003
I got a new Sub again my speakers work now so it must have been the subwoofer what had something hehe

btw My mum only hered the creative logo sound and she told me to turn it down greee hehe