EFMods Forum Archive
[Click here to go to EFMods.com]

so again im confused DOH thats just me for you

EFMods Forum Archive - Off Topic
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 1:19 pm, 8th November 2003
Right I can get broad band next week hopefully but what internet provider should i use AOL is out of the question lol and Virgin is up there with the best so far i no virgin is 24.99 per with free modam but is there any other fee like line rentel (etc) I no ive had this simular topic be for but im an absaloute noooooooooooooooob when it comes to this lol

thanks for any info then i be able to d/l all the mods and other little goodies i want instead of d/l a 10 meg mod what d/l in 3days lol

sorry about the title lol
Get a Life Get Half Life2
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 3:18 pm, 8th November 2003
I haven't heard much about Virgin with regards to Internet service. In general, the company is well-known for doing things better and cheaper than the competition. I don't know what the exchange rate is but 25 pounds sounds pretty good. I've heard both good and bad about BT, and people seem to be happy with Blueyonder. Whichever one you pick, if you don't like it you can always switch.

Captain of the USS Serenity
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 6:21 pm, 8th November 2003
How fast is the connection you would get for 24.99?

With NTL, which I dont know if it is available in your area, we have 24.99 for a 600k connection, and that is the whole cost per month, no extra fee for line rental or whatever.

Of course added onto any cost is the one-time installation, but that comes with every company.

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Commanding Officer - Starbase 460
Member of the Year 2002
REMEMBER: Scooter crashed the SQL Server on 25th November 2002 - really? did he? i forgot that
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 2:33 am, 9th November 2003
Over here you can do your own installation. I've done a few.

Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 3:02 am, 9th November 2003
You can do it yourself I think, just most people wouldn't know how to and it's all part of the service. Or maybe they won't let you do it incase you break it What ever!
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.
LeprechaunTrekker
Commander

Posted at 9:44 pm, 10th November 2003
We installed ours ourselves. I didn't feel much like paying a $100 US just for them to put in a few wires and stuff and install it on the computer.

Deputy Security Officer up for hire...
-----------------
T'pol: "It's my understanding that your mating ritual is effective in easing tension."
Trip:"That hadn't always been my experience."
-ENTERPRISE Episode 22: "Fallen Hero"
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 10:23 pm, 12th November 2003
Yeah at last ive orded Virgin BroadBand it says its coming next week ive also had to order another USB port because my mouse and Keyboard are takeing up the other slots it cost 24.99 for BB modam hehe

and also ive orded sipmsons road rage off www.play.com hehehehehe ive spent around 80 tonight thats including the monthly bill for the net if you no whet i mean This week is going to go sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo invinerty +1 slow sorry im just sooo excited my brother couldnt understand a word i was saying cos i was that excited and talking so fast when we was signing it for it which made him wounded up lol
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 1:34 am, 13th November 2003
Skipper said:
my brother couldnt understand a word i was saying

Ah so it's not just us. LOL!

Skipper
Commander

Posted at 2:36 pm, 13th November 2003
Nope hehe

btw do you get stuff earlyer if you order of the internet?
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 4:35 pm, 13th November 2003
Some things you do, some things you dont. Anything from Amazon usually gets here on the day of release, the day before, or the day after. Other things though often dont.

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Member of the Year 2002
REMEMBER: Scooter crashed the SQL Server on 25th November 2002 - really? did he? i forgot that
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 1:01 pm, 14th November 2003
Yipeeeeeeee just got an email from virgin saying my activation date is 20th/11/03 for BB hehe thats next week but my modam still hasnt arrived so hope it comes befor then lol
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 1:10 pm, 16th November 2003
Told you it will go slow this last 2 days already feel like 2 weeks lol and i hope i get my modam be for thursday but it realy doesnt mater because they said they i will not be charged until im fully connected to BB no not Bed and Breakfast hehe sorry got to keep me doing something lol

i hope it comes tomorrow in de post hehe
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 4:58 pm, 20th November 2003
whoooohooooooo i got my BroadBand on last yippppppeeeeeeeeeee from 45kb to 580kb lol its kewl my brother just came and put it on for me hehe
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 5:24 pm, 20th November 2003
Hooray Grin

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Member of the Year 2002
Anonymous
Posted at 3:20 pm, 21st November 2003
hehe carnt believe how fast the web pages are to load lol

all i need now is simpsons hit and run to come but dont no wever to cancell it and by it from Game because its out today but on my acount at play it still says awaiting stock and hasnt come today btw is wwwplay.com do things come through the normal post or is it delived by van?
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 3:24 pm, 21st November 2003
That was me the above What ever!

and also all i need is, guess what, What?, going on guess bet yu carnt told you, is a better job then everything will be perfect or well got 5 days off now hehe ill just play on my computer all the time and sleep in to catch up on my sleep hehe oh and not get drunk lol
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 10:15 pm, 24th November 2003
Simmo666 said:
Some things you do, some things you dont. Anything from Amazon usually gets here on the day of release, the day before, or the day after. Other things though often dont.

The Simpsons HitandRun was out Friday in the shops I orded it the 14th a week be for and i would of thought that it would come on the day of realse but still im waiting ive looked at the my acount and it still says awaiting stock this item will be dispatch as soon as we get it

what do you think i should do wait or by it from the shops but from the shops it 30 and from there its 17? so in this case my anser is some things you dont lol

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=search&adudisc=y

thats not my acount
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 1:23 pm, 26th November 2003
well 2 days later still havent got it in I am so Muhahaha homer lol (do you get the joke lol)

has any body played hit and run yet is it any good and worth the wait?
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 1:33 am, 27th November 2003
I played it on GameCube for a few minutes. Some of the missions are hard but I wasn't playing at level 1 so it's prolly just me. Pretty cool game.

Skipper
Commander

Posted at 1:08 pm, 27th November 2003
Kewl hehe

I also sent play an email asking if they where getting any stock in and this is what they said

Hi there

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately this title is currently out of stock. We are expecting new stock in soon, however some titles may take up to 28 days to arrive back into stock. Any orders will be dispatched as soon as new stock is received. You will not be charged for this item until the time of shipping and you still have the option to cancel the order by logging into your account, and pressing the cancel button next to the item in your outstanding orders.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused to you in this matter, and thank you for your patience and valued custom.

Kind regards

Play

Well just looked at my acount and now it says there packing the game lol this is just after i wrote this reply not the 1 to play on here hehe

i am going to wait and the pop ups are even faster with BroadBand it so Muhahaha me off hehe
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 4:18 am, 28th November 2003
You have interesting company names over there: Game, Play...

Skipper
Commander

Posted at 1:17 pm, 28th November 2003
we even have 1 shop called GameStation but game use to be called Electronic Boutique not shaw on spelling i ust to just call it EB still do if i want my mum and dad to get something from there cos they get mixed up with GameStation and GS even does 2nd hand pc games which no where else does which is 1 of the better side of GS if you want to look for an old game its prob be in there
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 7:41 pm, 28th November 2003
Game used to be Electronics Boutiques? I thought there were too differant stores (I thought Electronics Boutique was still around)
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 8:18 pm, 28th November 2003
they where different but some still use EB but they both got together to form 1 compony or something and different stores use either GAME or EB but there still the 1 company
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 4:30 pm, 29th November 2003
They're all EB here in North America.

sporto78
Captain

Posted at 7:32 pm, 29th November 2003
I've never heard of EB. We got Best Buy, Comp USA, and Fry's Electronics.

Commander Sporto78
Chief Engineer
U.S.S. Serenity

Life is good.
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 7:50 pm, 29th November 2003
I've never seen an EB store (I think) but I've heard of them.
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 8:12 pm, 29th November 2003
sorry just got to say this but its been the longest time ever that ive been on the internet 12hours exactly i turned it on the morning be for i went to work at 08:10 and now its 20:10 hehe
Locutus_of_Borg
Lieutenant

Posted at 8:44 am, 30th November 2003
What do you actually do in Simpsons Hit and Run? I know Simpsons Road Rage is their equivilent of Crazy Taxi but what's the story behind Hit and Run?
Your defensive capabilities are no match for us. Your culture will adapt to service ours.
Resistance is and always has been... Futile.
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 1:09 pm, 30th November 2003
this is what its about

There are strange happenings in Springfield. People are missing, very mysterious crop circles are appearing, and hidden cameras are being exposed. When Homer notices a black van with a satellite dish parked outside the Simpsons house, he decides to investigate further into these odd events. What he reveals could be the biggest mystery to rock Springfield since Who Shot Mr. Burns?
The Simpsons Hit & Run promises a hilarious mission based driving game with exciting out-of-the-car platform gameplay, the signature satire of The Simpsons, and the interactive world of Springfield

and you can play as either: Homer, Marge, Lisa, Bart, Apu there the main charactors and i think there are sub charactors as well like playing as Skinner

RoadRage whats that consol for because i was getting the name mixed i thought hit and run was called road rage at first doh
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 8:19 pm, 30th November 2003
The malls around here have EB stores.

Skipper
Commander

Posted at 9:07 pm, 30th November 2003
just checked my email and i got 1 from play and they say that they have posted it and allow up to 3 to 5 days hehe at last
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 12:41 pm, 3rd December 2003
At last ive got Hit and run its ok im glad i didnt pay 30 like in the shops i paid 17 Graphics are kewl though hehehe

i am evil Homer