EFMods Forum Archive
[Click here to go to EFMods.com]

EF2 Intro

EFMods Forum Archive - Other Works
Locutus_of_Borg
Lieutenant

Posted at 3:42 am, 12th February 2004
Taking a lesson from Dobberman's initiative, I've been in the process of putting the TNG theme into the EF2 intro movie. I'm almost done except for the compiling of the .roq file, which I'll have to do at night because it's going to take 5 (yes 5) hours Eek!! I hate the RoQ format but seeing as though I don't know any way of telling EF2 to look for a Bink file instead, it's the only way to do it. Anyway the reason I'm actually posting this is because I felt I should probably get confirmation from you Dobberman that you don't mind (after all it is basically the same as your one for EF1) before I go tying up my PC for hours on end, and to get some comments in general.
One other thing, I'm not guaranteeing I'm actualling going to release this either (if I do I'll have to upload it somewhere other than my house), because it'll probably end up being 40+mb, and on a 56K modem, well... you know what I'm getting at Wink.
Your defensive capabilities are no match for us. Your culture will adapt to service ours.
Resistance is and always has been... Futile.
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 2:23 pm, 13th February 2004
I actually tried to do that several times but I couldn't get it the way I wanted, parts of the screen were missing and the sound didn't match up or it just didn't accept it at all. You can do it if you want I don't mind, I hope you have better luck with it than I did. I hate RoQ too.
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.
Locutus_of_Borg
Lieutenant

Posted at 12:01 am, 15th February 2004
OK, well I compiled it and this was the result:

The video worked fine - no errors at all
The audio was imported but was all messed up - distorted, out of pitch etc.

What playback rate does the sound need to be for it to work? I used a 44100Hz .wav file. What did you try?
Your defensive capabilities are no match for us. Your culture will adapt to service ours.
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 2:54 am, 15th February 2004
Oh yeah I remember that too, I can't remember exactly what it needed but I think it was very low quality and sounded really bad, sorry I can't help.
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.
Locutus_of_Borg
Lieutenant

Posted at 7:37 am, 15th February 2004
Don't worry. I figured it out. I now have a fully working intro with TNG music playing in the background Grin!
The playback rate turned out to be 22050Hz. Total file size is just under 60mb.