EFMods Forum Archive
[Click here to go to EFMods.com]

Creating New Menus for TC of EF 1

EFMods Forum Archive - Other Works
Anonymous
Posted at 5:58 am, 10th March 2004
Hello All,
I was wondering if you could help me out, I want to change the menus for a Total Conversion I am making with EF1. Any chance you folks know how to do this or basically, how to create a menu?

Thanks in advanced!
Armond
Cadet 1st Year

Posted at 5:59 am, 10th March 2004
Anonymous said:
Hello All,
I was wondering if you could help me out, I want to change the menus for a Total Conversion I am making with EF1. Any chance you folks know how to do this or basically, how to create a menu?

Thanks in advanced!

P.S. Sorry folks...this is me!
Armond Happy
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 10:50 pm, 13th March 2004
Well if you want to make a new menu completely then you'll have to go messing around with the source code, unfortunately I don't know much about that. I suggest you talk to HorckDude. If you just want to change the menus that are in the game you can use notepad to edit the .dat files in the ext_data folder in the pak0.pk3 - pak3.pk3 files in your BaseEF folder (e.g. You can change sp_turbolift.dat to change the buttons in the turbolift menu).

Edit -> I just remembered that I wrote a small tutorial on how to edit the turbolift menu here.
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.
Locutus_of_Borg
Lieutenant

Posted at 10:51 pm, 15th March 2004
You have to use C++ to alter the source don't you? I seem to remember reading that somewhere.
Your defensive capabilities are no match for us. Your culture will adapt to service ours.
Resistance is and always has been... Futile.
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 2:29 am, 16th March 2004
Yip.

Captain of the USS Serenity