EFMods Forum Archive
[Click here to go to EFMods.com]

The End?

EFMods Forum Archive - Other Works
Is the Elite Force Modding Community dying (or dead)?
40% (2)
100% (5)
20% (1)
Don't Know
0% (0)
Don't Care
0% (0)

Posted at 3:33 am, 17th April 2004
I hate to be a pessimist but I believe that the Elite Force Modding Community is just about dead. I've come to this conclusion based on the fact that just about every major MOD has been canceled - NX01, Virtual Voyager, Voyager Insurrection, etc, with no signs of revival.
Given a rough estimate, I'd say that in a year Elite Force will have gone the way of the Dodo. It's a damn shame to. However I am glad to see that some mods like NX01 and VV are at least releasing what they have done. But that just isn't enough to keep the game's modding group alive. And who's to blame? I hold Ritual and Elite Force 2 responsible, mainly due to EF2 severe deficiencies compared to EF1 - multiplayer, storyline, mod-ability, etc. It killed the interest in both games.
Oh well. If anyone disagrees with me, and I'd say that most of you do, I'd be very gratefull if you could convince me that I'm wrong in what I'm saying, as I can't convince myself.
Your defensive capabilities are no match for us. Your culture will adapt to service ours.
Resistance is and always has been... Futile.

Posted at 5:17 pm, 17th April 2004
Or the Woka Woka bird lol you no where i get that from ?

yeah like i havent been coming here all that often like i use to either, they should transfer the mods to EF2 but i dont think thats as easy as it sound
Get a Life Get Half Life2
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 5:24 pm, 17th April 2004
Hope you don't mind I added another option to your poll. I think there are still a good few people who are keeping it alive, but it's going downhill alright.
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.
Rear Admiral

Posted at 6:47 pm, 17th April 2004
Well theres 2 mods out there (1 SP, 1 HM) out there that I know are still working on. DS9:BoP, and RPG-X.

All games' modding communities go downhill at some time. I'm suprised at how long EF is holding out as it is. It's no way one of the most played games out there, and its years old, but, it's survived so long, and there's still a lot of work going on.

They shouldnt transfer mods to EF2 really, since, well SP mods take a long time to make, and the SP of EF2 is the only good thing about it, EF2's MP just..... isnt as fun as EF1. It has a lot of features, since it has the exact same SP engine, but EF2 was never designed (and Ritual said this) for EF2.

EF1 is still the best playable moddable game really (its just more... right, even though EF2 is more moddable game).

So we're trying to keep it alive, but its just a matter of time.

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Commanding Officer - Starbase 460
Member of the Year 2002
REMEMBER: Scooter crashed the SQL Server on 25th November 2002 - really? did he? i forgot that