EFMods Forum Archive
[Click here to go to EFMods.com]

you dont want to look in here lol

EFMods Forum Archive - Mapping Help
Anonymous
Posted at 7:45 pm, 29th May 2004
do you think i should have learnt it by now mapping that is because ive tried and tried and tried again but no look whats the secret lol

when i start the the mapping tool for EF2 and EF and when its loading all i get is error texture the textures are still there when i go to the tool bar at the top so why does it say error? you no what part i mean?

and why half way thre makeing a room half of the time it quits thats 1 reason i carnt get to do it.

so when i get some spare time which is every day now lol im going try and start mapping if possable again but for ef2

thanks for any help again for the 500th time lol
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 7:47 pm, 29th May 2004
sorry i keep clearing my history and cookies so it disabels automatic login doh
Get a Life Get Half Life2
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 11:09 pm, 29th May 2004
I think the texture thing isn't a problem, as all the textures are there and working right? I dunno why it quits on you, just save regularily is all i can say I'm afraid. Sad
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 9:51 am, 30th May 2004
yes all the textures are there hehe Happy

but another thing as well when you apply the texture to a long rectangle for a red alert light and you want to stick it on the wall but the texture doesnt just go on the front where you want to see it it goes all way around (fron, top,back) of the ractangle if you no what i mean

sorry i no what i mean its just me i dont no how to put it words properly

As any body got the dds.to tga file because i carnt seem to d/l on effiles every time time i pick a d/l it says error on page thanks
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 12:59 pm, 30th May 2004
To select one face of a brush only, hold control+shift and click on it in the 3d view.
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 3:08 pm, 30th May 2004
thanks Happy

another noob questiontion what i carnt find any where, when i go to build map "full compile,bsp,vis,light-extra and pres it only the mapfile comes and nothing else

i followed the instruction on the prefs on how to set it up but no look?

ill tell you im off to figure this thing out till the day i die lol

earlyer though i nearly made a door but then messed up lol and i bet there 1 of the easyest to do
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 11:16 am, 4th June 2004
well ive finally got bsp,map,trp,bak

but it still doesnt work ive put the files in the base folder and typed the maps name in the consol but it just says no map file found

the only thing i can think of is that i havent put anything in the user setting where you set all the radient up could that have anything to do with it?

I no by now that i should be able to make maps with the amount of time ive spent learning but im of to get there in the end and any help will be greatfull and all the help you gave so far has been greatfull thanks Happy
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 12:58 am, 5th June 2004
The BSP needs to be in baseef/maps/ and sv_pure should be set to zero if you don't PK3 it.

Captain of the USS Serenity
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 9:02 am, 5th June 2004
i should say im useing ef2 moddeing tool but the thing is ive got the pak file tool but carnt make a pk3 file Happy
Anonymous
Posted at 2:21 pm, 6th June 2004
AT LAST ive got my first room im going to see if i can do doors now hehe

thanks Grin Grin Grin