EFMods Forum Archive
[Click here to go to EFMods.com]

What do you think could've made EF2 better?

EFMods Forum Archive - General
PhoenixHunter
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Posted at 11:41 pm, 28th June 2004
I think the story should'be been re-written. I was excited to play it at first but when I saw the Exo-morphs I just got bored Wah! . So I believe that the story should have been something that the Enterprise would more likely do than help a species that was invented in that one game (Attrexians).
I'm on medication now. I have condition called 'Hunteritise' which is when ever I see a Phoenix, I leap on it's back, rip its skull right out of its head and beat it to death with it!

Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 11:47 pm, 28th June 2004
Well I felt the same with the creatures in EF1 aswell. What's with insect like creatures, I thought they were both a bit stupid because of that.
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.
PhoenixHunter
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Posted at 11:51 pm, 28th June 2004
Dobberman said:
Well I felt the same with the creatures in EF1 aswell.

I admit the creatures in EF1 were a bit off too but Ritual took it way too far. In EF1, Voyager's crew started out trying to escape the graveyard place and then they changed to helping destroy the Forge. In EF2 the only thing they did was chase Exo-morphs, which is what annoyed me.
I'm on medication now. I have condition called 'Hunteritise' which is when ever I see a Phoenix, I leap on it's back, rip its skull right out of its head and beat it to death with it!

Bicko
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Posted at 8:54 am, 29th June 2004
The storyline was good, the way the storyline was played out wasn't so good, I think having some more inteligent humanoid aliens would've been much better and more following the Star-Trek way (when was the last time you ever heard of an episode of Star Trek where they were chasing Exo-morphs around the quadrant?).

In fairness, the mapping and scripting for the game is absolutely top-notch, but one of the problems with Ritual is that they seem to have an obsession for packing their maps with silly secret areas -which sortof ruins the feel of the game's realism.

I wasn't overly impressed with the GUI or the way it handled either... which seems to be a major problem with games today. I like a game where the controls feel more solid (like Half-Life or Quake 3) because I actually think it's more realistic than the fluid sortof controls EF2 has.

Multiplayer sucked big time because of the way the game handled.. and I think the maps for it weren't all that amazing either. Ideally they should've released remakes of all the EF1 multiplayer maps (plus Geothermal, of course Na na!) with a few other ones they'd made themselves.
Locutus_of_Borg
Lieutenant

Posted at 1:06 pm, 29th June 2004
One word: Raven. Happy
Your defensive capabilities are no match for us. Your culture will adapt to service ours.
Resistance is and always has been... Futile.
Bicko
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Posted at 1:56 pm, 29th June 2004
Lol, very true.