EFMods Forum Archive
[Click here to go to EFMods.com]

opengl error for elite force and elite force 2

EFMods Forum Archive - General
carlos_technology
Commodore

Posted at 2:07 am, 12th July 2004
I just bought and installed an ATI Radeon 9200 128mb.
and now elite force and elite force 2 won't work, it gives the error message.

GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem

please help me
I don't know what to do, I updated to the latest catalyst drivers and I tried other things and they won't work either
some sites told me there was a line dva=0 in win.ini and if I remove the line or added ; to the front of it it will cancel it. I didn't have that line in the file and when I tried it it didn't work
others said to put opengl32.dll and glu32.dll in the system32 directory, or the elite force directory, these didn't work either

Captain of...
visit the Offical Irc channel #efmods on irc.quakenet.org
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 11:15 am, 12th July 2004
Hey carlos, long time no see! That's a really strange problem you have there, not sure what you can do. Just saying "Hi" Happy
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.
Manhunter
Commander

Posted at 5:52 pm, 12th July 2004
*goes to the Arizona underground layer to look for a cage*

Chief of Security/Tactical on the USS Serenity

Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 12:48 am, 13th July 2004
I had that error once. I fixed it by reinstalling EF.

Captain of the USS Serenity
LeprechaunTrekker
Commander

Posted at 2:54 am, 13th July 2004
Go to the maker of your video card's website and download the lastest drivers for it, if that doesn't work, make sure your hardware acceleration is set to full, if that doesn't work, just start searching online and call the company's tech support line if they have one and hopefully it is free. Just mess around with it. I ran into the problem with my video card, but sadly, I couldn't fix it. I just installed it EF2 on my laptop instead and it seemed to work with that video card. Hope I was of some help.

-LeprechaunTrekker

Deputy Security Officer up for hire...
-----------------
T'pol: "It's my understanding that your mating ritual is effective in easing tension."
Trip:"That hadn't always been my experience."
-ENTERPRISE Episode 22: "Fallen Hero"
Locutus_of_Borg
Lieutenant

Posted at 6:36 am, 13th July 2004
There's two possible reasons for that error:
1. You don't have any OpenGL Drivers (which is extremely unlikely seeing as how you've got a Radeon card).
Or
2. Your OpenGL Drivers are out of date.

Try using GLsetup to find the drivers (unless you're running Windows 2000/Xp in which case it won't work). Failing that try what LeprechaunTrekker suggested.
Your defensive capabilities are no match for us. Your culture will adapt to service ours.
Resistance is and always has been... Futile.
sporto78
Captain

Posted at 8:28 am, 13th July 2004
Manhunter said:
*goes to the Arizona underground layer to look for a cage*

Sadly we have no cages. We've got plenty of rope though. Wink

Commander Sporto78
Chief Engineer
U.S.S. Serenity

Life is good.
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 9:01 pm, 15th July 2004
Hi again nice to see you again... my suggestion is what Scooter said still its what fixed it for me. LeprechaunTrekker's still sounds best though.

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Commanding Officer - Starbase 460
Member of the Year 2002
REMEMBER: Scooter crashed the SQL Server on 25th November 2002 - really? did he? i forgot that
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 10:06 pm, 3rd August 2004
sorry carnt help but just saying hello Grin
Get a Life Get Half Life2
LeprechaunTrekker
Commander

Posted at 2:30 am, 4th August 2004
Simmo666 said:
Hi again nice to see you again... my suggestion is what Scooter said still its what fixed it for me. LeprechaunTrekker's still sounds best though.

Just out of curiosity did it help you out any? And Skipper was the one who bumped this sucker I don't want it blamed on me. Na na!

Deputy Security Officer up for hire...
-----------------
T'pol: "It's my understanding that your mating ritual is effective in easing tension."
Trip:"That hadn't always been my experience."
-ENTERPRISE Episode 22: "Fallen Hero"