EFMods Forum Archive
[Click here to go to EFMods.com]

Beta Tester Recruitment

EFMods Forum Archive - Virtual Enterprise
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 11:17 pm, 31st July 2004
It's that time again (well you all missed the last time which actually happened on the raven boards before this forum existed) and I've decided to recruit new beta testers. (w00t)

Now, I'll be selecting four new beta testers. And the bad news for everybody is that 2 have been preselected Na na!

As winner and runner up of the "Member of the Year Competition 2002", Simmo666 and Scooter have been preselected as beta testers provided they want to. If they don't want to be beta testers, then that's better for everyone else cause then their space will be taken by someone else.

Now, I'm terribly sorry to everyone this includes but there are restrictions on who I want to be a beta tester, afterall it's not just so you can get a sneak preview, it's so the mod can be tested by several people for problems and I don't want just anybody doing that.

Restrictions:[list:e918d0b292][*:e918d0b292] If you registered before 1st January 2004, you must have a board rank equal to or higher than Lieutenant.
[*:e918d0b292]If you registered on or after 1st January 2004, you must have a board rank equal to or higher than Ensign.
[/list:u:e918d0b292]
Now, it's first come first serve. To be a beta tester you must reply to this topic and the first word in your reply has to be:

POOKAHOLIC

IT MUST BE IN BOLD, ITALICS, SPELT CORRECTLY AND IN CAPITAL LETTERS. GO REPLY NOW!!!!

No more beta testers needed!
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.
LeprechaunTrekker
Commander

Posted at 2:02 am, 1st August 2004
POOKAHOLIC

I'm pretty sure I'm a Lieutenant-Commander too. Here's my bid for being a beta tester. Peace.

-LeprechaunTrekker

Deputy Security Officer up for hire...
-----------------
T'pol: "It's my understanding that your mating ritual is effective in easing tension."
Trip:"That hadn't always been my experience."
-ENTERPRISE Episode 22: "Fallen Hero"
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 2:03 am, 1st August 2004
It's not supposed to be underlined Na na! edit it before someone else posts Wink
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.
LeprechaunTrekker
Commander

Posted at 2:03 am, 1st August 2004
Already did.

-----------------
T'pol: "It's my understanding that your mating ritual is effective in easing tension."
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 2:06 am, 1st August 2004
You're now a beta tester. Happy One down, one to go.
LeprechaunTrekker
Commander

Posted at 2:09 am, 1st August 2004
Good stuff. Isn't it like 3 am in Ireland right now? I was over there in June b/c my dad's from Co. Westmeath, around Mullingar. I hear that Mullingar has been doing really well in the Gaelic Football tournaments. I'll put this in off topic if this is a bit off subject.

-----------------
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 2:13 am, 1st August 2004
Yeah it is 3am but screw it I'm outta school and unemployed what have I got to loose (except my sanity). I don't follow the ol' gaelic football anyway, oh well.
LeprechaunTrekker
Commander

Posted at 2:16 am, 1st August 2004
Hey it's all good. Enjoy your freedom and unemployment. It's the summertime.

-----------------
Bicko
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Posted at 10:50 am, 1st August 2004
POOKAHOLIC
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 11:14 am, 1st August 2004
Selecting 4 new ones.... 2 already taken..... there are 8 posts in the topic... then I said "damn".... then I read the next paragraph and was like ahhhh phew, that's me there in the preselected bit.

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Commanding Officer - Starbase 460
Member of the Year 2002
REMEMBER: Scooter crashed the SQL Server on 25th November 2002 - really? did he? i forgot that
Locutus_of_Borg
Lieutenant

Posted at 12:09 pm, 1st August 2004
I prefer to get the whole finished MOD at once, rather than be a betatester.
Your defensive capabilities are no match for us. Your culture will adapt to service ours.
Resistance is and always has been... Futile.
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 1:17 pm, 1st August 2004
Sam said:
POOKAHOLIC

Sorry Sam, you don't meet the requirements. Sad

Locutus_of_Borg said:
I prefer to get the whole finished MOD at once, rather than be a betatester.

Well, just 6 more posts and you'll meet the requirements Wink Just thought you might like to know.
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 2:32 pm, 1st August 2004
Didn't Sam used to have way more posts than that?

Anyways yay I'm preselected. Of course Simmo and I will beta test. Would have to be crazy to decline.

Captain of the USS Serenity
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 3:55 pm, 1st August 2004
Scooter said:
Didn't Sam used to have way more posts than that?

Was it enough though? Do you have any idea what your post count was before the great wiping of '03 Sam?
Bicko
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Posted at 4:41 pm, 1st August 2004
Not a clue... couple of hundered I think, not much.
LeprechaunTrekker
Commander

Posted at 5:10 pm, 1st August 2004
That's a tough call. Hope you can get it though, Sam. And I'm shocked this topic isn't active like crazy right now. Go figure.

-LeprechaunTrekker

-----------------
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 5:57 pm, 1st August 2004
Compared to other recent topics, it's pretty active Wink

Ok Sam, you're a beta tester Happy I also uped your post count 100 posts to compensate with what you lost.
Bicko
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Posted at 7:24 pm, 1st August 2004
Yay, ty Dobber Grin
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 8:47 pm, 1st August 2004
Check your Private Messages Sam.
LeprechaunTrekker
Commander

Posted at 9:51 pm, 1st August 2004
Dobberman, I replied to your PM you sent me as well. Can't wait to get started.

-----------------
Dogbert
Commander

Posted at 6:26 am, 2nd August 2004
Well that sucks... although probably for the better. You never know, we might have to try out it's LAN capabilities. LOL! Even if i can't play it there is no way you can stop me from seeing what it looks like Wink I walk through Scooter's "room" on a daily basis. LOL! and there is no door for him to close. i could always steal the files off of his computer Na na! while he's at work. Or listen to the sound effects down the hallway... assuming that there are new sound effects.

Navigator - USS Serenity

Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 9:37 am, 2nd August 2004
*whispers to scooter* rename zalkalous perimeter to virtual enterprise and give it to Dogbert, it might work you never know
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 2:44 pm, 2nd August 2004
LMAO I know I've got it around here somewhere.

Dogbert, kind of hard to test LAN capabilities of a single player mod.

Manhunter
Commander

Posted at 10:22 pm, 2nd August 2004
I can see Scooters pc from where Im sitting right now Wink Anyways whenever I hear the intro to the game I always run over there.

Chief of Security/Tactical on the USS Serenity

StarKiller
Ensign

Posted at 2:13 am, 3rd August 2004
darn i cant beta oh well i am hardly ever on these forums anyway due to work and life. infact i am not on the computer hardley at all anymore. oh by the way hi agine.
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 3:16 am, 3rd August 2004
You're not missing much yet. The old betas from 2002 make me want to cry. Looking forward to the new stuff though. From the screenshot I've seen, Dobber's mapping skills have improved a lot since this mod started.

Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 12:00 pm, 3rd August 2004
From the old beta to the preview beta they definately improved aswell.

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Member of the Year 2002
REMEMBER: Scooter crashed the SQL Server on 25th November 2002 - really? did he? i forgot that
Dogbert
Commander

Posted at 6:20 pm, 3rd August 2004
Anyway, morale is low so give us something. Na na!

Navigator - USS Serenity

LeprechaunTrekker
Commander

Posted at 2:39 am, 4th August 2004
I checked out the beta's from 2002. That was some good stuff. That was great. I know it was very early and looks a ton better now but its still just really cool getting to see the originals. I dunno, its kinda a sense of nostalgia I think. Anyway, I can't wait for a new beta test to be out. Woo.
Peace.

-LeprechaunTrekker

-----------------
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 11:08 am, 4th August 2004
I just realised.... I'm going away on holiday tomorrow for 2 weeks so, if you're going to be doing a lot of betas in that time.... you might want to replace me, I cant be much help if I'm away after all.

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Member of the Year 2002
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 1:18 pm, 4th August 2004
Ah jeez, and Sam is in Spain until the 10th. Why don't ye tell me these things first Na na!

I'll how it is when the first beta test comes out.

Hey LeprechaunTrekker, how come you haven't posted anything in the dummy test. You know, just so you can get the hang of it.
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 12:34 am, 5th August 2004
Well at least I'll be here.

LeprechaunTrekker
Commander

Posted at 3:02 am, 5th August 2004
Sorry Dobberman. I've had a really busy week. If you really want me to I can but I'm pretty sure I'll get the hang of it pretty quickly. But again, if you want, I'll go ahead and do it.

-----------------
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 3:04 am, 5th August 2004
No it doesn't matter. It's just that I wanted everyone to know what they can do before they try. But it doesn't matter, don't worry Wink
LeprechaunTrekker
Commander

Posted at 3:06 am, 5th August 2004
Alrighty good stuff. Do you have any idea when you will be able to crank out a more recent beta test or will that be closer to the scheduled release?

-----------------
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 3:09 am, 5th August 2004
couldn't say right now
LeprechaunTrekker
Commander

Posted at 3:11 am, 5th August 2004
It's all good. I'll just keep a daily check on it. I'm looking forward to seeing some excellent work done by you.

-----------------
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 9:32 pm, 13th August 2004
carnt wait for it but wasnt it ment to come out on the 23rd of july LOL! Na na! What ever!
Get a Life Get Half Life2
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 12:06 am, 14th August 2004
Skipper said:
carnt wait for it but wasnt it ment to come out on the 23rd of july LOL! Na na! What ever!

Er, you said that before and I told you the deadline is 27th August not the 23rd of July. The 23rd of July is when the news article was posted.
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 4:09 pm, 14th August 2004
Dobberman"][quote=":Er, you said that before and I told you the deadline is 27th August not the 23rd of July. The 23rd of July is when the news article was posted.[/quote]
[/quote]

I no i was just folling around this time couldnt you tell with the What ever!

ARGH to the quote you no what i mean lol
Get a Life Get Half Life2
LeprechaunTrekker
Commander

Posted at 4:37 pm, 14th August 2004
So the deadline is still the August 27th right?

-----------------
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 5:07 pm, 14th August 2004
Skipper said:
I no i was just folling around this time couldnt you tell with the What ever!

Well I wasn't sure lol sorry

LeprechaunTrekker said:
So the deadline is still the August 27th right?

Well it has to be...
LeprechaunTrekker
Commander

Posted at 8:27 pm, 14th August 2004
Another thing, and I hate to pester about it too, but any idea about a beta test date?

-----------------
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 11:04 pm, 14th August 2004
Nope, you'll get them when they're ready
LeprechaunTrekker
Commander

Posted at 11:48 pm, 14th August 2004
Alrighty sounds good. I'm looking forward to 'em.

-----------------
Bicko
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Posted at 10:23 pm, 26th October 2004
Been a while... any idea when beta will be about for us? (Sorry to pester)
LeprechaunTrekker
Commander

Posted at 7:49 pm, 27th October 2004
I would figure not for a long while.

-----------------