EFMods Forum Archive
[Click here to go to EFMods.com]

If Raven made anothe EF Game where would you want it based?

EFMods Forum Archive - Questions and Comments
PhoenixHunter
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Posted at 7:52 am, 2nd August 2004
Personally I would have it based in the Voyager period. It's better having it in that period than after Nemisis. EF 2 was dissapointed because it only had 2 of the actuall characters; and Barcly isn't cool. Besides Voyager is the best series at any hand. Grin
I'm on medication now. I have condition called 'Hunteritise' which is when ever I see a Phoenix, I leap on it's back, rip its skull right out of its head and beat it to death with it!

Bicko
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Posted at 11:11 am, 2nd August 2004
I'd like to see a post-voyager game based solely on Earth.
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 11:23 am, 2nd August 2004
How dare you say Barclay isnt cool, Barclay is brilliant!

If it as another EF game, I wouldn't base it on Voyager before it got home, since that would be strange... it would be making a prequel to EF2, and you couldnt have many suprises of someone dying since they're all supposed to live into EF2.

I'd like it based with some of the Voyager crew after they got home... so we know what happened to them at last, cause Paramount are really, really, really, unlikely to make a movie about them by the looks of things, with their crappy Kirk prequel supposedly in the planning (urgh).

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Commanding Officer - Starbase 460
Member of the Year 2002
REMEMBER: Scooter crashed the SQL Server on 25th November 2002 - really? did he? i forgot that
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 11:33 am, 2nd August 2004
I'd like to a see a ds9 game by raven.
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.
Locutus_of_Borg
Lieutenant

Posted at 1:05 am, 3rd August 2004
I just want Activision and Paramount to get over their stupid law suit. Its only hurting the various Star Trek game communities. Infact, I believe that EF2 would be much more popular and modded if Ritual was able to release the .map files for all their levels, which they can't do until the law suit is resolved.
Anyway, to answer the question, I think a mixture of TNG, DS9, and Voyager would be a great idea. Similar to the original plan for the EF3 mod for HL2.
Your defensive capabilities are no match for us. Your culture will adapt to service ours.
Resistance is and always has been... Futile.
Borgking
Cadet 4th Year

Posted at 10:08 pm, 3rd August 2004
Brushbaron said that we should all stop whining and try to replicate it ourselves,even though the enterprise for example is BLOODY HARD to do without a huge team like they had
"Warp core breaches have never been more fun."
LeprechaunTrekker
Commander

Posted at 2:34 am, 4th August 2004
I agree with Dobberman, have an DS9 game by Raven, you could base it during the Dominion War, the possiblities could be endless. You could really have locations in the game varying from DS9 itself to Bajor to Cardassia to Earth to the Gamma Quadrant and back again. I think that'd be pretty tight.

Deputy Security Officer up for hire...
-----------------
T'pol: "It's my understanding that your mating ritual is effective in easing tension."
Trip:"That hadn't always been my experience."
-ENTERPRISE Episode 22: "Fallen Hero"
Locutus_of_Borg
Lieutenant

Posted at 10:59 am, 4th August 2004
Borgking said:
Brushbaron said that we should all stop whining and try to replicate it ourselves,even though the enterprise for example is BLOODY HARD to do without a huge team like they had

That's easy for him to say, seeing as how he knows exactly what he's doing and how to do it.
Your defensive capabilities are no match for us. Your culture will adapt to service ours.
Resistance is and always has been... Futile.
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 12:33 am, 5th August 2004
No offense to Brushbaron, but I know mappers who have done more canon mapping, and all by themselves. I mean, look at Ritual. They had all those mappers and they couldn't get anything canon. Raven did slightly better, but they also had better resources.

Captain of the USS Serenity
LeprechaunTrekker
Commander

Posted at 2:58 am, 5th August 2004
I agree with Scooter. The problem with Trek gaming in general though is that one, it is spread out on too many fronts with all these different companies, two, it is not very in touch with the fans, and three, there doesn't seem to be much of an effort to make it cannon with the Trek universe, as mentioned earlier about EF1 and EF2.

Deputy Security Officer up for hire...
-----------------
T'pol: "It's my understanding that your mating ritual is effective in easing tension."
Trip:"That hadn't always been my experience."
-ENTERPRISE Episode 22: "Fallen Hero"
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 10:34 am, 12th September 2004
abit late hehe but id love voyager again dint like DS9 and i no that Tim Russ (Mr Vulcon) hehe would do it because i read on startrek.com some where, where they did a interveiw that he would definatly do it again if they asked him or if they wanted him to apear in an episode he said yes so i think he would do another game as well and i hope they can get all the other origianal actors in as well including the computers voice lol

still have a hard time remembering her name hehe
Get a Life Get Half Life2