EFMods Forum Archive
[Click here to go to EFMods.com]

olimpics

EFMods Forum Archive - Off Topic
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 2:01 pm, 17th August 2004
Quote: DogBurtWrote Start an olimic topic

there i have i hate the olimpics it takes all the other programs off tv like all other sport does but in my opinion i dont like it so leave it up to you people who do hehe

PS Got an extra post out of it though lol not long to 800 hehe
Get a Life Get Half Life2
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 5:35 pm, 17th August 2004
Olympics dont affect me at all, and theyre boring as heck to watch anyway, so I dont like them. And I dont like them again cause they take up the time on the news channels (its all we have over here in Lanzarote) from what could be much better news.

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Commanding Officer - Starbase 460
Member of the Year 2002
REMEMBER: Scooter crashed the SQL Server on 25th November 2002 - really? did he? i forgot that
LeprechaunTrekker
Commander

Posted at 9:10 pm, 17th August 2004
The Olympics are alright. I just feel like they are over-commercialized and they are maybe starting to get a little bit old.

Deputy Security Officer up for hire...
-----------------
T'pol: "It's my understanding that your mating ritual is effective in easing tension."
Trip:"That hadn't always been my experience."
-ENTERPRISE Episode 22: "Fallen Hero"
Locutus_of_Borg
Lieutenant

Posted at 9:50 am, 18th August 2004
I find it interesting that a lot of the Athens olympics stuff looked a lot like the Sydney olympics, eg. the torch looked the same except it wasn't bent.
Your defensive capabilities are no match for us. Your culture will adapt to service ours.
Resistance is and always has been... Futile.
LeprechaunTrekker
Commander

Posted at 7:53 pm, 18th August 2004
Once again, little changes, gets old fast. Kinda sad because the Olympics is a great event.

-----------------
T'pol: "It's my understanding that your mating ritual is effective in easing tension."
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 1:03 am, 19th August 2004
IMHO the Olympics are stupid. Maybe that's because I suck at sports? It makes the news on the radio take longer so I don't get to listen to as much music on the way to work. It clogs up half the TV channels, but it's the half I don't watch anyways because they don't have anything good on. So yeah it could be worse. But getting back to my main point as to why it's stupid, wow you're good at <insert name of sport here>, but what good is that to you in real life? I have no use for being able to jump over poles without touching them or throwing a metal sphere, I don't solve for X on a daily basis, and I don't care when Napolean was born. None of that is useful unless you're going up against that nerd on Jeopardy. I'll stick to useful things like coding PHP and knowing everything I can about Star Trek (yes those things are useful).

Captain of the USS Serenity
LeprechaunTrekker
Commander

Posted at 2:42 am, 19th August 2004
Scooter said:
None of that is useful unless you're going up against that nerd on Jeopardy.

Yes. That guy is crazy. As was said on VH1's Best Week Ever, the only category that guy would have difficulty with is "How to pick up a girl."

-----------------