EFMods Forum Archive
[Click here to go to EFMods.com]

Results!!! (The Sequel)

EFMods Forum Archive - Off Topic
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 2:58 pm, 18th August 2004
Yay I've got my Leaving Certificate results.

Colour code: Higher Level - Ordinary Level

Physics - A2
English - B3
Mathematics - C1

Irish - C1
French - C1

Business - C2
Accounting - C2

A1=90-100%, A2=85<90%, B1=80<85%, B2=75<80%, B3=70<75%, C1=65<70%, C2=60<65%, C3=55-60%, D1=50<55%, D2=45<50%, D3=40<45%, E=25<40%, F=10<25%, NG=0<10%

DISTINCTION 80%-100%
MERIT 65%<80%
PASS 50%<65%
UNSUCCESSFUL 0%<50%
edit: i like to be able to see stuff
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.
Vanhal
is going to kill you!!!

Posted at 7:00 pm, 18th August 2004
sucks to be you!

Last edited by Vanhal on 31 Feb 2003 25:71, edited 9385 times in total
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 7:23 pm, 18th August 2004
Thank you so very very much my dear cousin. I really appreciate it.

*tightens noose*
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 7:40 pm, 18th August 2004
hes brainyer then me lol well done i carnt even spll Wink
Get a Life Get Half Life2
LeprechaunTrekker
Commander

Posted at 7:55 pm, 18th August 2004
Well good job (I think). I'm not entirely sure how the whole thing works. But yeah, I'm happy you got 'em back anyway.

Deputy Security Officer up for hire...
-----------------
T'pol: "It's my understanding that your mating ritual is effective in easing tension."
Trip:"That hadn't always been my experience."
-ENTERPRISE Episode 22: "Fallen Hero"
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 3:03 pm, 19th August 2004
Well I got my AS results today, just after landing back at the airport (well, and driving to the school), and they made me feel better than I did spending last night in hospital in Lanzarote thanks to sunburned swollen feet...

I dunno what any of the %s are or anything, or maybe I just dont know where they are.

Basically,

Maths - A
Physics - A
Computing - A
Critical Thinking - C
Spanish - D

(Spanish... D.... now I have a reason to drop it yay)

Well done there Dob too.

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Commanding Officer - Starbase 460
Member of the Year 2002
REMEMBER: Scooter crashed the SQL Server on 25th November 2002 - really? did he? i forgot that
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 3:17 pm, 19th August 2004
Well done Simmo Happy
Bicko
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Posted at 8:53 pm, 19th August 2004
My results in 1 week, I only need to pass maths to get into college because I did 2 GCSE's early -hahar!
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 9:04 pm, 19th August 2004
every1s brainyer then me lol
Vanhal
is going to kill you!!!

Posted at 9:05 pm, 19th August 2004
Quote:
Critical Thinking

WTF is that?

Skipper
Commander

Posted at 9:18 pm, 19th August 2004
Simmo I no what it like to spen some time in hospital abroad when i went in america the 1st time they wouldnt see me if we didnt have $1000 there and then i for got the the total amount it came up to but it was quite alot and i was only in there 4 only 4 and a half hours. Thanfully we did have insurrance so we got the money back so its always a good idea to take insurance out be for you go no good in saying nothing will hapen because it might not trying to scare any 1 or tell any 1 not to go or anything Grin Happy
Vanhal
is going to kill you!!!

Posted at 9:39 pm, 19th August 2004
for risk of making a compleate fool of myself with this next sentance... (what?)

Lanzarote is in eu, thus hospitals are covered under the e111 i.e. free medical care

america is in america which has one of the worsed medical system in the world, thus all hospital must be paided for there and then i.e. don't get sick there!

Skipper
Commander

Posted at 9:50 pm, 19th August 2004
i fort just the whole of the Britan just was cothered the hospiatal bill? Happy

simmo did you have to pay?

Eek! going off topic abit Eek!
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 9:58 pm, 19th August 2004
We did have to pay actually, 422 or sommet like that. But thats just because we didnt have the insurance papers at the hospital, and we were flying soon after so there wasnt time to get it. But we can claim the money back now anyway since we're back, since we had the insurance anyway. Why the heck it would cost that much to have a bag, dripping some sort of fluid down into ur body, I dont know.

Oh, and Critical Thinking..... its some subject we just did for 10 lessons and that's it. Just to do with... reasoning, making structured arguments, recognising conclusions, flaws, etc. Rubbish really.

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Commanding Officer - Starbase 460
Member of the Year 2002
REMEMBER: Scooter crashed the SQL Server on 25th November 2002 - really? did he? i forgot that
LeprechaunTrekker
Commander

Posted at 10:20 pm, 19th August 2004
Here in the states, if you go to the Emeregency room for like 3 hours or so, its gonna cost you over about 2000 dollars without insurance. The quality of service here is excellent, just prices are really too high. To afford it you really have to have insurance. I still am not a fan of socialized medicine, though, because I know for a fact that it is a huge drain on the Irish budget, and also my cousin had to wait 2 years just to get her tonsils out. I think that is a little bit too much. But yeah, I just don't like to go to the doctor anyway.

EDIT: I AM FINALLY A COMMANDER!!! WOOHOO!!!

-----------------
T'pol: "It's my understanding that your mating ritual is effective in easing tension."
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 10:30 pm, 19th August 2004
Well, the waiting lists are better than nothing at all. At least the people who can't afford the operation have a CHANCE to get the help they need eventually. Unfortunately some of the more serious patients die before they make it to the operating room.

Also if it's a medical emergency you will get treated straight away and you won't have to pay in the end.

Anyway back on topic:

I'M NEVER DOING FRENCH AGAIN IN MY ENTIRE 0-5 YEAR LONG LIFE! WOOHOO
Dogbert
Commander

Posted at 10:40 pm, 19th August 2004
I'm not sure what Hospitals are like around here but as far as i know if somebody needs immediate attention (emergency) than i think it's free. Whether it is for BC residents only or if it is for every tourist and resident, i don't know. And I think our taxes get boosted up because of it. If you are a stuntman that periodically visits the emergency room then you benefit from this all. If you are like me who has never been to the hospital for their services (went to some hospital for a field trip way back in elementry school) except for when i was born, then you are paying for other peoples emergencies.

Then again I could have this whole hospital service of BC all wrong. Na na!

(30C day again. Na na! past few days have been something around 28C.)

Navigator - USS Serenity

Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 12:40 am, 20th August 2004
Yep, unlike the terrorist country to the south of us, healthcare up here is free. The only time you have to pay for anything is if it's not something your doctor ordered you to get, or if it's something better than average. For example, if you want to try a new medical procedure which is supposed to be better, but hasn't been around long enough to be thoroughly tested, you have to pay some or all of the costs involved, but if you go with the tried and true methods it's free.

Captain of the USS Serenity
LeprechaunTrekker
Commander

Posted at 2:29 am, 20th August 2004
Quote:
Yep, unlike the terrorist country to the south of us, healthcare up here is free.

Come on Scooter, lets not make this a country bashing thing. No one said anything bad about Canada, man, I don't see why there's any need for that. That was just uncalled for. Let's just try to refrain from the country bashing, and play nice. Now I know that here in the states, our system isn't perfect, I know, but we have things like medicare for people who cannot afford medical treatment. Most Americans can to an extent though, with the help of insurance. Now I am not going to bash any other country, and I have been to Canada, Ireland, England, and Germany (I think that covers all bases). I enjoy each country quite well, but I do recognize flaws in each as well. Just as I do in the US. I love America. And I openly acknowledge we have made countless mistakes in the past, but we have learned from them and made ourselves better from it. This is an international forum, with people coming from different classes and cultures. I, personally, am not a fan of socialized medicine. I'm sorry if that offends anyone. I like the system here in the States. It's not great, but it works and works pretty darn well. That's my spill on it. I'm sorry if I stirred something up. You guys have a good evening.

-LeprechaunTrekker

-----------------
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 12:19 pm, 20th August 2004
That was bad Scooter, don't do it again. You don't want a yellow card on your spotless record now do you Wink
LeprechaunTrekker
Commander

Posted at 7:07 pm, 20th August 2004
Yeah you meanie. Wah! Kiddin. No harm done.

-----------------
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 1:33 am, 21st August 2004
I wasn't bashing the whole country, just President Bush. Sorry to those who were offended.

Captain of the USS Serenity
LeprechaunTrekker
Commander

Posted at 2:44 am, 21st August 2004
It's alright. We all have our opinions.

-----------------
Borgking
Cadet 4th Year

Posted at 8:50 pm, 21st August 2004
i happen to like bush...and between him and kerry,id choose bush...cause kerry wants socialized medicine,which means my mom wouldnt be able to get the treatment she needs for her legs (lymphodema) cause my dad doesnt do important stuff for the government,he just doesnt programming for the weapons
"Warp core breaches have never been more fun."
LeprechaunTrekker
Commander

Posted at 10:06 pm, 21st August 2004
I'm a Bush man myself, but for some reason in the international really hates him.

-----------------