EFMods Forum Archive
[Click here to go to EFMods.com]

Virgin phoned

EFMods Forum Archive - Off Topic
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 6:34 pm, 27th August 2004
Do you think this is right, to day i got a phone call from Virgin saying that im downloading too much and clogging all my area bandwith and my computer *BUT* my computer fine its downloading fine and the virgin im on is a no download limmit time so there for maximum download time any time of the month it doesnt say any where, where it says ive got to stop

do you think there just saying that or not?
Get a Life Get Half Life2
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 7:42 pm, 27th August 2004
(I thought this was about sommet saying "A Virgin called" and what that would be ... I was like err is this topic allowed? Eek! )

I think it would be fine if they just called and informed you of the situation and asked you to consider it if it was really causing a problem, but if they enforce something on you then its not right, since its not what you're paying for.

Like with me on NTL, there's no limit at all, but if I'm downloading over 1GB a day, every single day of the week, then they'll contact me because its discouraged that that is its use, and they will recommend changing to a different package. Considering some companies have a 1GB a MONTH limit its very reasonable that they'd do what they do.

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Commanding Officer - Starbase 460
Member of the Year 2002
REMEMBER: Scooter crashed the SQL Server on 25th November 2002 - really? did he? i forgot that
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 1:38 am, 28th August 2004
Check the fine print in your contract. With my ISP there is a limit, but with the competition there isn't. The limit is always hard to reach unless you are downloading a lot of movies, so yeah you should cut back.

Captain of the USS Serenity
LeprechaunTrekker
Commander

Posted at 3:54 am, 29th August 2004
Scooter said:
Check the fine print in your contract. With my ISP there is a limit, but with the competition there isn't. The limit is always hard to reach unless you are downloading a lot of movies, so yeah you should cut back.

I agree with Scooter. My ISP hasn't give us a limit. And I can tell you in one day I downloaded about 2 GB of stuff, and they never contacted us. But like Scooter said, pull out your service agreement and see what the fine print has to allow.

Deputy Security Officer up for hire...
-----------------
T'pol: "It's my understanding that your mating ritual is effective in easing tension."
Trip:"That hadn't always been my experience."
-ENTERPRISE Episode 22: "Fallen Hero"
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 1:13 pm, 31st August 2004
i no this is nothing to do with virgin but as seen as its to do with computers ill ask here.

is there any way to get service pack1 back because i got service pack 2 from microsoft web site the other day and now half of the games done work on my computer and just wanted to no if you can download it from there in stead of formatting or system restor?thanks
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 2:51 pm, 31st August 2004
I heard that disabling the new windows firewall that comes with it will fix those problems. Try that. I told it to download SP2 ages ago but it never did and I just couldn't be bothered.
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.
Anonymous
Posted at 6:06 pm, 1st September 2004
Ive got my radeon X800pro today hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe Eek! Grin Eek! im excited hehe no im shaw i can play HL2 when it comes out but the thing is ive got to wait till my bro comes to my house as im no good at installing things like that i just break the computer and let my bro fix it formatt it hehe but carnt get over it that ive finally got it today hehehehehehehehehehehehehehe
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 6:26 pm, 1st September 2004
telld you i did that greee that was the above What ever!
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 1:45 am, 2nd September 2004
Most problems experienced with Service Pack 2 are due to improper configuration of the Windows Firewall. Disabling it will fix your problems, but make sure you have some sort of protection against the bad stuff out there.

Captain of the USS Serenity
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 10:16 am, 2nd September 2004
i just did system restore because nothing was working what i was doing or maybe that was because i was doing it Na na! so the game works again now the only 1 what doesnt work and restarts the machine is Starfleet Command III which i get board with easy any way Happy
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 10:41 am, 2nd September 2004
Did you try disabling the firewall like we said before you did the system restore?
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 11:29 am, 3rd September 2004
Dobberman said:
Did you try disabling the firewall like we said before you did the system restore?

yes and it works fine now DOH tar Grin
StarKiller
Ensign

Posted at 5:23 pm, 3rd September 2004
ya my old ISP back when i lived at home had a limet of 10 gigs a month whitch at times sucked butt i would only go over when i used to download movies when it wasent quite so ileagle. now in collage i dont know if i have a limet butt i dont download much at all. butt i do like having a direct T1 conection here