EFMods Forum Archive
[Click here to go to EFMods.com]

HALFLIFE2 KEWL

EFMods Forum Archive - Off Topic
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 10:03 am, 30th August 2004
will you be bying HalfLife2 i no i will be and i hope by then i will have the graohics card ive orded 3month No joke as well 3 month ago im canceling it this week and bying from the net and not shopping there again, but back to hl2 every time i see the movies of it i want it even more ive watched the ravenhome and the other in the house every single day since the release and it makes me want it even more greeee hehe. Ive seen as well the CGI graphics for the intro etc are like that at pixar but in hl2 so that should look kewl.

Every 1s saying september its coming out but i think it be October i hope im wrong and every 1 else is right.
Get a Life Get Half Life2
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 11:20 am, 30th August 2004
The only thing I'd really like to see Half Life 2 for is the uber physics engine it's supposed to be sporting.
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.
PhoenixHunter
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Posted at 7:08 am, 31st August 2004
I'll be getting HL 2 no matter what! The first game ruled and hopefully the second one will be the same if not better! Cool!
I'm on medication now. I have condition called 'Hunteritise' which is when ever I see a Phoenix, I leap on it's back, rip its skull right out of its head and beat it to death with it!

Skipper
Commander

Posted at 1:16 pm, 31st August 2004
Yeah Its the 1st of Sepember tomorrow the month that Half Life 2 should come outive seen on hl2filesforum that it ment to come out befor the 21st but ill beleive it when i see it on my computer.

Sorry i havent been this excited about a game since Bridgecommander came out hehe i can remeber finishing work and running home as fast i could lol
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 1:50 am, 2nd September 2004
Will I be buying HL2? Depends if I like it when I play it. I was glad that I played Doom 3 first, because I really hated the storyline and decided not to buy it. It's a shame that such a nice engine has such a crappy storyline attached to it, but when HL2 comes out nobody will care anymore.

Captain of the USS Serenity
Locutus_of_Borg
Lieutenant

Posted at 7:12 am, 2nd September 2004
Half-Life 2 should be well worth the wait, but it's becoming more and more of a joke with its continuous setbacks etc. Can you believe it was originally intended for 2003?
Still its not as bad as Duke Nukem Forever. God knows when that'll come out.
Your defensive capabilities are no match for us. Your culture will adapt to service ours.
Resistance is and always has been... Futile.
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 10:08 am, 2nd September 2004
Yeah lol like IMAGINE waiting for something since 2001??!!
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.
Dogbert
Commander

Posted at 6:10 pm, 2nd September 2004
"The Movies" i think started back in 2001 (maybe 2002) and it is still going. One of the devs said on their forums that from what he gathers it's around 75% complete. He was giving us an educated guess. (Note: Release Date is still not set; and this guy is from one department eg. art department) It's a Lionhead game being made by the Brits, and the only competition they have is The Sims 2 only because The Sims 2 has a movie maker in the game. But The Movies focuses on making movies, more specifically: script-writing, directing, costume design, running the studio, building sets, etc. You are in complete control of the movies you make. If you are tired of directing than a NPC basically takes over for you. same if you don't want to write scripts or build sets; an NPC guy will take over so your studio doesn't go to mush. There's also a sandbox mode for basically unlimited money and whichever decade you want to be in to make the movies. That i didn't mention for the regular story mode. Story mode you have a set amount of money and you progress from about 1910 or 1920 to present day pretty much. you'll advance through technology: better cameras (maybe even HDTV. don't know) better sets, better trailers, buildings, fashion, costumes, etc. There's an E3 trailer out there that is very well done so go get it if your interested. I think i found mine on www.gametrailers.com (there's also HL2 E3 gameplay trailers there in .bik!!!! format. Excellent quality and it makes you want to grab the mouse and start playing. That's how "gamish" (game-ish) quality it feels. (Note: Half Life 2 trailers should still be in that "New" section which is the scrolling box thingy in the middle of the page.

Sporto will love "The Movies". I just know it. I seem to remember hearing either from Scooter or Sporto himself that he likes making movies in games more than in real life.

O, and before i forget, the movies that you make in the game "The Movies" can be saved and have music, sound, rearranged scenes and anything else done to it and that complete product can be uploaded HOPEFULLY to www.themoviesfiles.com (Na na!) I asked Scooter to put in a word to FN for themoviesfiles.com because the game is supposed to be VERY modable and people can upload their own movies for others to view. mods would be things like a chair or table for a western set or a street light for a specific neighborhood that somebody might want to create. costumes could be something to mod (star trek uniforms), different kinds of studio buildings (scriptwriters office, actors trailer), even more than what i'm saying here.

Have fun reading probably my longest post ever. What ever! o well, it's a VERY good game. (so is HL2)

Navigator - USS Serenity

sporto78
Captain

Posted at 8:01 pm, 2nd September 2004
Dogbert said:
Sporto will love "The Movies". I just know it. I seem to remember hearing either from Scooter or Sporto himself that he likes making movies in games more than in real life.

LOL, you probably heard that from me, expect that I said that I like making movies better in real life, but it is a lot easier to do so in a game environment. I think I said that while we were shooting the ERP promo.

Commander Sporto78
Chief Engineer
U.S.S. Serenity

Life is good.
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 8:58 pm, 2nd September 2004
lol I was eluding to something much closer to home Na na!
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 11:25 am, 3rd September 2004
Hl2 been in the makeing nearly 5 years i think and also read some where PCZone ithink that theres a HL3 in the pipe line hehe so that will take ages to come out as well prob in the next 7 to 10 centurys lol

Hl2 movies get the ravenholm 1 thats kewl and btw if you got ati or preloading off steam you can get part 2 now so does this mean that they going to say gold and a release date soon i hope soooo as now ive got my radeonx800 and its soooooo kewl

but yeah the movies looks kewl i saw it on the realease dates on pcgamer in the release dat section quite awile back and i couldnt find any info on it and fort what the hell is the game going to be lol ive seen 2004/05 ring a bell to any other game LOL!
Locutus_of_Borg
Lieutenant

Posted at 12:30 pm, 3rd September 2004
Half-Life 3?! They can't even seem to get 2 finshed!!
Your defensive capabilities are no match for us. Your culture will adapt to service ours.
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 1:37 pm, 3rd September 2004
http://www.pczone.co.uk/

and type Half Life and go to halflife3
StarKiller
Ensign

Posted at 5:13 pm, 3rd September 2004
i wont be getting it since it wont run verry well on my laptop. even thogh my laptop is only about 2 months old it just dosent have a verry godd video card. the game i am waiting for is the sims 2 and also GTA sanandreas
PhoenixHunter
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Posted at 10:50 pm, 3rd September 2004
HL2's been in production for 5 years?! Eek! Geese, I thought it had only been about 2-3 years since they started working on it!
I'm on medication now. I have condition called 'Hunteritise' which is when ever I see a Phoenix, I leap on it's back, rip its skull right out of its head and beat it to death with it!

StarKiller
Ensign

Posted at 6:10 am, 4th September 2004
ya waiting for so long i sort of lost my will to play it i havent been interisted in it at all.
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 10:04 am, 4th September 2004
every 1 who says they want play it they will Grin

Ive only been wanting it since last september when i new or it was ment to be coming out on the 30th of september of last year but be for that i wasnt all that intrested in it because i knew that this would happen delay after delay so i didnt bother going on the forums or web sites that had them so i wouldnt be disapointed like i am now but still excited about it hehe
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 7:00 pm, 16th September 2004
I no its bumping but i dint want to make another topic out of it but yesterday on the 15thof september HalfLife2 went to be Release Condidate that means its been sent to the publisher for final checks and if they dont see any thing wrong with the HL2 then they will make it gold and make copys to go on shops shelfs for us to by hehehehehehe. People say that they dont no how long hl2 will take for RC but hl1 took only 48hours then it was gold so thingers crossed thats its a quick rc hehe
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 7:12 pm, 16th September 2004
50 says it'll be leaked again causing another delay for about 53 weeks Na na!
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 8:33 pm, 16th September 2004
i dout it this time the only thing is that if they find something wrong with it at the RC all well im bying sims2 tomorrow to keep me going Grin
Locutus_of_Borg
Lieutenant

Posted at 3:18 am, 17th September 2004
Well Half-Life 2 will be good when or if it comes out. Still, I'm almost positive it won't have been worth the wait. Is Counter Strike: Source going to come with the retail version of HL2 or is it only for that preload thing?
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 5:49 pm, 17th September 2004
Are you mad it will have been worth the wait every 1 said that if it came out last year that we would have been more disapointed in that because the game wouldnt have beeen has good because theyve had an extra year to develop it

any way i think there are several ways that hl2 comes with you can either by SP only SP+MP and i think that comes with ccs but ive also heard that hl1 is going to be in with hl2 but with the hl2 engine so that be good then theres the special pack with all little goodies in it like poster and a mug and conncept art with signed autogrphs thats what ive seen , but i think that be around 60 for the special pack. Oh and ill tell yu it will be woth the wait theres no other FPS like it and all the mods what are being made like StarTrek:Borg and EliteForce3
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 8:31 pm, 17th September 2004
they say a release date is coming very soon Grin

http://www.halflife2.net/

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
PhoenixHunter
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Posted at 11:38 pm, 17th September 2004
I'm sure they do but how many more delays are they expecting? Thousands, Millions?

Manhunter
Commander

Posted at 5:15 am, 22nd September 2004
That would be intresting if Half Life 3 came out before Half Life 2 Na na!

Chief of Security/Tactical on the USS Serenity