EFMods Forum Archive
[Click here to go to EFMods.com]

A long waiting time!

EFMods Forum Archive - Virtual Enterprise
CaptEric86
Cadet 1st Year

Posted at 4:33 pm, 13th September 2004
Hey Dobberman, it has been a while since we got an update and I was just wondering if you were at a point where you could give us an estimated time release. At first you gave us one and than it is now way, way past that time. Is everything still all right, is the MOD gonna happen??? Wha? Wha?
Data will live in our hearts and memories, not in that B-4 Data wannabe!!!
Asky
Ensign

Posted at 8:31 pm, 13th September 2004
No doubt he worked on it Saturday and Sunday to get it out to us today. Na na!

Anyway, if there's one thing I've learned from several years of watching this mod, it's that Dobber never ever hits a release date. He's already missed one by 2 (or is it 3?) years. He'll probably be back in 7 or 8 months: just long enough for another hard drive crash. LOL!

Don't worry. It'll be done eventually. Although whether the computers then will still run Windows or even be x86 architecture remains to be seen...
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 10:07 pm, 13th September 2004
Asky said:
No doubt he worked on it Saturday and Sunday to get it out to us today.

You forgot the coma, that should read "No, doubt he worked on it..."

Thing is I'm not at home cause I've gone to torment Vanhal for the next 4 years. But hopefully, I'll be able to work on it if I make weekend trips home, if I'm not too busy checking up on me m8s.
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.
PhoenixHunter
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Posted at 10:57 pm, 13th September 2004
It's just one delay after another eh Dobber? Wink (Don't take that offenceivley). I'm sure he'll get us that deck soon and it will go beyond top quality.
I'm on medication now. I have condition called 'Hunteritise' which is when ever I see a Phoenix, I leap on it's back, rip its skull right out of its head and beat it to death with it!

Asky
Ensign

Posted at 2:26 am, 14th September 2004
@Dobber: Well, my statement was, of course, a small reference to your statement last week at this time. The comma was implied. (Although not very well it seems...) Na na!
Watson
Cadet 1st Year

Posted at 2:40 pm, 14th September 2004
looking at the screens, im sure that it will be worth the wait!
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 8:49 pm, 14th September 2004
Welcome to the boards Watson, wipe your feet on the mat and have a seat. Happy
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.
WalkinBomb
Ensign

Posted at 11:10 pm, 14th September 2004
When should I check back to this board? The waiting is killing me!
I am the bomb! EF2 did rock and I hope VE will too!
Locutus_of_Borg
Lieutenant

Posted at 7:40 am, 15th September 2004
Dobberman said:

And bring a nice book to read or something cause you're gonna get bored from waiting here a long, long time to download VE otherwise Grin.
Just kidding.
Your defensive capabilities are no match for us. Your culture will adapt to service ours.
Resistance is and always has been... Futile.
LeprechaunTrekker
Commander

Posted at 3:50 am, 17th September 2004
Ah the waiting is what makes things fun.

Deputy Security Officer up for hire...
-----------------
T'pol: "It's my understanding that your mating ritual is effective in easing tension."
Trip:"That hadn't always been my experience."
-ENTERPRISE Episode 22: "Fallen Hero"
Watson
Cadet 1st Year

Posted at 5:00 pm, 17th September 2004
Locutus_of_Borg said:
Dobberman said:

And bring a nice book to read or something cause you're gonna get bored from waiting here a long, long time to download VE otherwise Grin.
Just kidding.

hey, I'm on 56k, so im used to waiting ages!! Na na!
Asky
Ensign

Posted at 8:12 pm, 17th September 2004
Watson said:
hey, I'm on 56k, so im used to waiting ages!! Na na!

Ahhh, so it's the DSL that's corrupted me and turned me into a steriotypical impatient American... Na na!
PhoenixHunter
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Posted at 11:55 pm, 17th September 2004
LeprechaunTrekker said:
Ah the waiting is what makes things fun.

What?! The waiting makes it fun?! He's a witch! Burn him, BURN HIM!!! (Quote from Monty Python and the Holy Grail, the best movie ever Na na! )!
I'm on medication now. I have condition called 'Hunteritise' which is when ever I see a Phoenix, I leap on it's back, rip its skull right out of its head and beat it to death with it!

ClowsTHEGAME
Cadet 1st Year

Posted at 9:07 pm, 18th September 2004
Be back in a year...