EFMods Forum Archive
[Click here to go to EFMods.com]

Hurricane Ivan

EFMods Forum Archive - Off Topic
Chris3123
Cadet 4th Year

Posted at 7:54 pm, 13th September 2004
Argh! Stupid hurricane! That beast is headed straight for us! We are likely going to leave, and if we do it'll be early tomorrow morning to avoid the TERRIBLE Hurricane evac traffic. It's bad enough that's it's a hurricane, but this thing is one of the most powerful ever! And it's coming here! Schools are closed as of tomorrow, so I won't miss anything. The monster is said to make landfall here late Wednesday night, or so.

So, anyway, everyone keep me and everyone else in the path of this thing in your thoughts and, if applicable, your prayers too. Thanks.

Ivan makes me Grrr!.

YEAH! YEAH! YEAH!
PhoenixHunter
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Posted at 10:52 pm, 13th September 2004
*Starts to pray* Oh Lord please save Chris3123.
I hope everything turns out alright Sad .
I'm on medication now. I have condition called 'Hunteritise' which is when ever I see a Phoenix, I leap on it's back, rip its skull right out of its head and beat it to death with it!

Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 12:38 am, 14th September 2004
I was watching the satellite imagery today. It looks really bad. Sad

Captain of the USS Serenity
Dogbert
Commander

Posted at 3:39 am, 14th September 2004
Hopefully you'll still have a house to post from when you do come back. Wink

aaaaa.... "Beautiful British Columbia" .... nothing harms us here. Worst thing is Pineapple express and all it does is make driving worse and annoys you. Other then that there is maybe the odd earthquake that happens down south that we (excluding me) feel. Just a little jiggle of things and it's back to normal life. Unless you're at school then teachers panic and the earthquake bell rings and after 60s we go outside and then after we're all accounted for then we go back in. Nice time waster if your in a crappy class. Other than that, no major bad events. Great movies made here like "Bob the Butler" which was apparently here last week doing some filming about 2-3 mins from our house (pretty much out of our neighborhood and then down the street 2-3 mins [Manhunter rode his bike down there and has a very small chance of being in the movie]), "Smallville" is all over the place, but still within about 40 mins if you wanted to drive to a set that you might know about. But ya whatever...

hopefully your house is still there when you get back and have a fun vacation if that's what you plan to do.

Navigator - USS Serenity

Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 1:46 pm, 14th September 2004
We're well overdue for a big earthquake. They didn't make you go outside until AFTER the shaking stopped, right? Wha?

Captain of the USS Serenity
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 2:05 pm, 14th September 2004
we never get any earth quakes in our country only the after shocks only very ocationaly the last 1 was at night i think i was a sleep my mum and dad heread and felt it id love to feele 1 but if only no 1 got hurt though. and also thats why i dont sleep with anything above my bed like a picture cos no in me it will fall off and crush my head hehe
Get a Life Get Half Life2
Asky
Ensign

Posted at 9:22 pm, 14th September 2004
In Texas, we get nothing but tornadoes, and in 16 years, I only know of one of those within an hour and a half of my house. It's great. But it gets a little warm sometimes.
Dogbert
Commander

Posted at 5:46 am, 15th September 2004
Scooter said:
We're well overdue for a big earthquake. They didn't make you go outside until AFTER the shaking stopped, right? Wha?

The time i was thinking of was like 4 or so years ago when it hit like seattle or something and it was apparently big there but we only felt a little shake for prob not even 5 seconds. (I didn't feel it.... like always Sad)

Navigator - USS Serenity

PhoenixHunter
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Posted at 10:39 pm, 15th September 2004
You guys should come to live in Australia. We get almost no natural disasters like earthquakes and Hurricanes. On the very very very very odd ocation we may get a tornado but as I said very very very very rarely.
I'm on medication now. I have condition called 'Hunteritise' which is when ever I see a Phoenix, I leap on it's back, rip its skull right out of its head and beat it to death with it!

sporto78
Captain

Posted at 8:13 am, 16th September 2004
Sort of like here in Arizona. No natural disasters at all. Well, except for our massive forest fires and continuous severe drought.

Commander Sporto78
Chief Engineer
U.S.S. Serenity

Life is good.
PhoenixHunter
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Posted at 10:40 pm, 16th September 2004
Yeah well we have bush fires and droughts too I just didn't consider them a real disaster. Unless someone burns, then it's a disaster.

LeprechaunTrekker
Commander

Posted at 3:54 am, 17th September 2004
Well our buddy Ivan, well, what's left of him is giving us a visit here in the big Tennessee, and dang I got to tell you, this sucker is still packing quite a whallop. It has been raining crazy here and the winds are still pretty strong. It's crazy.

Deputy Security Officer up for hire...
-----------------
T'pol: "It's my understanding that your mating ritual is effective in easing tension."
Trip:"That hadn't always been my experience."
-ENTERPRISE Episode 22: "Fallen Hero"
Dogbert
Commander

Posted at 5:11 am, 17th September 2004
I wonder if the hurricane is effecting the wind speeds even up here or maybe closer to it. Or maybe just higher up.... just speculation. I happened to notice today that the clouds were moving quite fast towards the north west (AKA away from ivan), and down closer to earth where people roam the land, it wasn't all that windy. all the u.s. clouds come flyin up north and then get stuck up against the rockies causing rain to fall and the sky to appear always grey. Na na!

Navigator - USS Serenity

Manhunter
Commander

Posted at 5:12 am, 22nd September 2004
This may sound stupid but nothing really goes on here and if something did I would probably say it was cool. A while back we had an earthquake at school and we were all sitting under our desks and I was just saying out loud "This is so cool!"

Chief of Security/Tactical on the USS Serenity

Borgking
Cadet 4th Year

Posted at 2:12 am, 24th September 2004
Theres now another tropical storm Ivan.Apparently,a small piece broke off,and stayed down around Florida,and its become a tropical storm again
"Warp core breaches have never been more fun."
LeprechaunTrekker
Commander

Posted at 2:51 am, 24th September 2004
Dang thing just won't go away.

Deputy Security Officer up for hire...
-----------------
T'pol: "It's my understanding that your mating ritual is effective in easing tension."
Trip:"That hadn't always been my experience."
-ENTERPRISE Episode 22: "Fallen Hero"