EFMods Forum Archive
[Click here to go to EFMods.com]

DS9 BoP no longer for EF

EFMods Forum Archive - Other Works
Locutus_of_Borg
Lieutenant

Posted at 9:50 am, 10th October 2004
Well for those of you who don't know, the DS9 BoP mod is no longer going to be for Elite Force, neither 1 nor 2. For some reason Chaos has decided to make his own engine and make the mod on that. Personally I think its a stupid idea, but its got nothing to do with me. Anway don't expect the mod to be done any time soon as a result.
Your defensive capabilities are no match for us. Your culture will adapt to service ours.
Resistance is and always has been... Futile.
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 10:30 am, 10th October 2004
There was a guy on the raven board who tried to make his own trek based engine, but when he asked Paramount for permission they shot it down. That's why I've had my doubt about Destiny's Wind and the same applies to this. Oh well it's Chaos' choice, I would have prefered to get it for EF but we'll just have to see what happens.
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.
Chris3123
Cadet 4th Year

Posted at 6:24 pm, 10th October 2004
What?! Nooo! Grrr! That's not fair. It has been a long time already, but I guess it's going to be even longer. *sigh* Well, as you said, Dobberman, it's Chaos' mod and he can do what he wants with it. Oh well. Sad

Just make sure you don't do the same for VE, ok? Na na!
Asky
Ensign

Posted at 7:14 pm, 10th October 2004
now that would be interesting...
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 7:59 pm, 10th October 2004
You don't need to ask permission. We went to them and said, "We're making a game," and Harry said, "I don't think that's a good idea."

IMHO it's their loss, but like most companies they're greedy and want to make money off it so they get Perpetual to make a pay-per-month game. It'll probably be crap.

What we're doing, and what Chaos is doing, constitutes fair use. We can do anything we want as long as we don't charge money for it and it doesn't reflect negatively on the franchise.

Captain of the USS Serenity
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 8:45 pm, 10th October 2004
The difference between when you asked Paramount and when the guy at the raven boards asked Paramount was that he was already finished, in the end he had to rework it all removing all traces of Trek.
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 6:51 pm, 11th October 2004
I don't see how that's different. It's still fair-use.

Captain of the USS Serenity