EFMods Forum Archive
[Click here to go to EFMods.com]

Half-Life2 is out

EFMods Forum Archive - Off Topic
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 2:24 pm, 16th November 2004
Ill start a new topic on this to say that HALFLIFE is out anfter 6 years in the makeing and its sooo Kewl buy it now if you havent already done so
Get a Life Get Half Life2
Locutus_of_Borg
Lieutenant

Posted at 12:32 am, 17th November 2004
I'm going to go over and see if the shop I preordered from has got their copies yet tomorrow.
By the way, what're your system specs and how well does it run HL2?
Your defensive capabilities are no match for us. Your culture will adapt to service ours.
Resistance is and always has been... Futile.
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 10:12 am, 17th November 2004
my system specs are:

Microsoft Windows XP Home
SP1 (hehe)
Pentium 4
2.80GHZ
512mb
ATI Radeon X800Pro

512kb broandband connection but want to get more but dont no how much it will be

And it runs sweet got all the graphics on high the only thing is that at first it put the texture quality to medium but soon i put that to high and no problems.

Im thinking of getting some more RAM and GHZ Grin

oh almost for got to say ive also got some edimentional3d glasses
Bicko
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Posted at 5:35 pm, 17th November 2004
Hey skipper, are those 3D glasses any good? I've been interested in them for a while now but I'm unsure as to wether they're mostly hype and aren't functional at all.
Locutus_of_Borg
Lieutenant

Posted at 10:20 pm, 17th November 2004
I've also got a pair. They're pretty good. I had a little trouble with drivers but I got it sorted out in the end.

And thanks for the specs Skipper. My PC has the following:
P4 3.2Ghz
1Gb DDR RAM
128mb GeForce FX 5600XT
Windows Xp Home SP2
56K modem Wah!

My main concern is my graphics card. It didn't handle Doom3 that well so do you think it'll be OK with HL2?
Your defensive capabilities are no match for us. Your culture will adapt to service ours.
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 10:06 am, 18th November 2004
Lacutas can you give me the up to date drivers for them glasses please

i think mine at the moment are version 392.0 and anything else what will improve only if you dont have to pay for anything else Happy

I think the glasses work better in CS:S then HL2 unless thats the drivers fault
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 10:09 am, 18th November 2004
Bicko said:
Hey skipper, are those 3D glasses any good? I've been interested in them for a while now but I'm unsure as to wether they're mostly hype and aren't functional at all.

If you got a spare 50 for the wier ones yes but i have heard that the wierles ones are not as good for some reason. But i think i need to set mine up properly first. BTW it hurts your eyes after a while thats why i dont use them long
Locutus_of_Borg
Lieutenant

Posted at 10:27 am, 19th November 2004
Go to the eDimensional website and check what version they're up to. Since you're using a Radeon I'm not sure which one's you'll need.
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 10:00 pm, 20th November 2004
We got some similar 3D glasses from a different company that you hook up to your TV, and I wasn't impressed, though eDimensional's are probably better. I'd really like to try them before I buy them, but I don't see how that's possible.

Just finished playing HL2 a few minutes ago, and it was really good. Definitely lived up to my expectations.

Captain of the USS Serenity
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 5:13 pm, 21st November 2004
Scooter said:
We got some similar 3D glasses from a different company that you hook up to your TV, and I wasn't impressed, though eDimensional's are probably better. I'd really like to try them before I buy them, but I don't see how that's possible.

Just finished playing HL2 a few minutes ago, and it was really good. Definitely lived up to my expectations.

Yea thats what i wanted to do is try them out but i fort i just buy them hehe

And dont for get all the mods what are coming out like theres a Need For Speed mod comeing out that should be kewl. Im look towards driving mods the most and gun mods there just awsome.

Not to mention the Eliteforce3 mod for HL2 Grin
PhoenixHunter
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Posted at 6:09 am, 22nd November 2004
Played Half Life 2, IT KICKS MAJOR ASS!!! I love it so much!
I'm on medication now. I have condition called 'Hunteritise' which is when ever I see a Phoenix, I leap on it's back, rip its skull right out of its head and beat it to death with it!

Skipper
Commander

Posted at 9:22 pm, 22nd November 2004
sith_master2000 said:
Played Half Life 2, IT KICKS MAJOR ASS!!! I love it so much!

i thought you was going to say it sucks lol
PhoenixHunter
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Posted at 6:33 am, 23rd November 2004
No way! I love Half-life 2! The only thing I don't like about it is whenever I'm trying to say it I keep saying Halo 2 and vice versa Na na! .
I'm on medication now. I have condition called 'Hunteritise' which is when ever I see a Phoenix, I leap on it's back, rip its skull right out of its head and beat it to death with it!