EFMods Forum Archive
[Click here to go to EFMods.com]

Enterprise is Over

EFMods Forum Archive - General
Locutus_of_Borg
Lieutenant

Posted at 12:37 pm, 4th February 2005
Well after 4 years its finally happened. UPN has officially pulled the plug on Enterprise. Season 4 will be the final series. The show is scheduled to air its final episode in May in the US.

For those of you who want to stop this get on to http://saveenterprise.com now and join their campaign.
Your defensive capabilities are no match for us. Your culture will adapt to service ours.
Resistance is and always has been... Futile.
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 7:01 pm, 5th February 2005
LOL always somebody posts this at every Trek-related forum, as if nobody has heard of it.

Captain of the USS Serenity
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 11:43 pm, 5th February 2005
And just like every other place I see a topic, Scooter's posted in it too, lol.

Since Enterprise is never ever really shown over here in the UK, it's not really much of a loss. Season 1 and 2 got shown once, then repeated once. Season 3 got shown once, then it never got shown again, because Channel 4 haven't shown it yet and Sky can't 'cause of contracts, and Season 4 hasn't started yet. So, not really a shame it's gone, since it was never really here anyway.

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Commanding Officer - Starbase 460
Member of the Year 2002
REMEMBER: Scooter crashed the SQL Server on 25th November 2002 - really? did he? i forgot that
Locutus_of_Borg
Lieutenant

Posted at 6:00 am, 6th February 2005
Scooter said:
LOL always somebody posts this at every Trek-related forum, as if nobody has heard of it.

That's probably because its major news for Star Trek. It could be years before we see another Trek show. I've already heard rumors of a 2 year break from doing anything.
I find it EXTREMELY ironic that the 40th anniversary of Star Trek also marks the end of its latest incarnation. What's more pathetic is that they cancelled it just when the ratings started going up!
Your defensive capabilities are no match for us. Your culture will adapt to service ours.
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 3:56 am, 8th February 2005
2-year break from doing anything on a new series maybe, but there is already a movie in the works based during the Earth-Romulan War.

Skipper
Commander

Posted at 6:55 pm, 11th February 2005
why did they cancell was it because of ratings or was it because ScotBakula quit because he was ment to do that old series quatumleap again which i think was kewl and startrek didnt fit his role in tv
Get a Life Get Half Life2
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 10:02 pm, 11th February 2005
When they measure ratings, do they measure it just as ratings for the US? Or does it include Canada, and the UK or anywhere else in the total amount of ratings they'd judge it on? 'Cause the UK's really late start of Enterprise (as in, hasnt started yet) would mean ratings were down a lot more.

But I never heard of Scott quitting because of Quantum Leap Wha?

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Commanding Officer - Starbase 460
Member of the Year 2002
REMEMBER: Scooter crashed the SQL Server on 25th November 2002 - really? did he? i forgot that
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 12:27 pm, 12th February 2005
yea he got asked to do QL again but he said if he did that then he would quite EP but carnt remember where i saw it
Chris3123
Cadet 4th Year

Posted at 9:25 am, 13th February 2005
Locutus_of_Borg said:
For those of you who want to stop this get on to http://saveenterprise.com now and join their campaign.

I hate to break it to you, but that won't do any good. Enterprise has been cancelled. Period. This isn't like last year. Last year they had to decide between cancellation or continuation. Now, they have decided cancelation. Even IF these campaigns had ANY effect at all last year, they won't now. The decision has been made. Now, I'm not saying that you can't or shouldn't join the campaign. I don't have a problem with it. I'm just saying it won't do anything. And this is coming from a fan who is saddened by the news.

The reason it was cancelled was pretty much because of terrible ratings. Networks just do not keep shows with terrible ratings. That's the way it's always been. Frankly, it amazing it lasted THIS long with the ratings it has had.

We were lucky just to get this season. Hey, 4 years. Better than none.

So long, Enterprise. Sad
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 4:10 pm, 13th February 2005
Skipper said:
yea he got asked to do QL again but he said if he did that then he would quite EP but carnt remember where i saw it

I started a thread about that here ages ago.
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 2:15 am, 15th February 2005
Yeah the Quantum Leap thing was after Season 2 I think? There might still be a chance for him to make that movie if everyone else is still available and willing.

I think ratings are measured in each country individually, and yeah because the UK gets to see everything much later the current ratings are an inaccurate representation. However, if it's doing badly in the US and Canada, the UK wouldn't be enough to make it worthwhile.

Locutus_of_Borg
Lieutenant

Posted at 1:32 am, 16th February 2005
Chris3123 said:
Locutus_of_Borg said:

I hate to break it to you, but that won't do any good. Enterprise has been cancelled. Period. This isn't like last year. Last year they had to decide between cancellation or continuation. Now, they have decided cancelation. Even IF these campaigns had ANY effect at all last year, they won't now. The decision has been made. Now, I'm not saying that you can't or shouldn't join the campaign. I don't have a problem with it. I'm just saying it won't do anything. And this is coming from a fan who is saddened by the news.

The reason it was cancelled was pretty much because of terrible ratings. Networks just do not keep shows with terrible ratings. That's the way it's always been. Frankly, it amazing it lasted THIS long with the ratings it has had.

So long, Enterprise. Sad

With that attitude of course it won't make a difference! There's no harm in trying.
And what about Family Guy? That was cancelled by Fox and look what's happened. The fans have got the show one last season!
PhoenixHunter
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Posted at 7:55 am, 16th February 2005
Chris3123 said:
Locutus_of_Borg said:

So long, Enterprise. Sad

I agree. UPN will most likely keep their decision and let Enterprise die. Now I'm not saying I don't like Enterprise, I really like it, but it ain't coming back.
I'm on medication now. I have condition called 'Hunteritise' which is when ever I see a Phoenix, I leap on it's back, rip its skull right out of its head and beat it to death with it!

Skipper
Commander

Posted at 8:59 pm, 15th March 2005
I never use to like Enterprise but i just started to like it half way threw series 3. They put a lot of effort into it and i thought i will give it a go and now there cancelled it, typical. I think they should have waited until next season to see about how many viewrs it had because i think they would have improved it even more.
Anonymous
Posted at 6:42 pm, 12th May 2005
very interesting...