EFMods Forum Archive
[Click here to go to EFMods.com]

Voyager Series 8 / Virtual Voyager

EFMods Forum Archive - General
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 4:12 pm, 5th May 2002
I thought it might be nice to get some comments on my skin, it's seven of nine in a first contact uniform, for the virtual voyager mod. The site is http://pgmn.pkmn.co.uk/ incase anyone was wondering. There are some shots at www.efmodcentral.com if anyone wanted to see some more. Also, just to promote the mod some more, since this is an Elite Force general board and I dont see a problem with it, the release date should be June 1st, sound familiar, and 2 Virtual releases in one day, good! (ps, Virtual Voyager should cover 15 decks. I'm just wondering if we'll meed our deadline date.

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Commanding Officer - Starbase 460
Member of the Year 2002
REMEMBER: Scooter crashed the SQL Server on 25th November 2002 - really? did he? i forgot that
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 4:13 pm, 5th May 2002
I'll have the pic up in a few minutes.

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Member of the Year 2002
REMEMBER: Scooter crashed the SQL Server on 25th November 2002 - really? did he? i forgot that
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 4:16 pm, 5th May 2002
You're site doesn't work Sad

That's a wide variety of screenshots you have there. Looking at them now Happy
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 4:18 pm, 5th May 2002
Hmm, the screenshots won't work either, it tried to download them instead of displaying them and when it tries to download it just does nothing.

[edit]some of them are working now[/edit]
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 4:18 pm, 5th May 2002
BTW, Im not making the maps, just some skins.

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Member of the Year 2002
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 4:20 pm, 5th May 2002
Out of the pics I could get to work, they look good Happy

Will there be any curved corridors?

(BTW, I couldn't get any of the skin pics to work)
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 4:22 pm, 5th May 2002
I've been told there is at least one, on deck 6, I think.

Here is the picture.

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Member of the Year 2002
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 4:23 pm, 5th May 2002
I carnt get it to work either :-(

didnt the Status say on the Efmod Central say that it was cancelled a few month ago?
Get a Life Get Half Life2
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 4:26 pm, 5th May 2002
Does my pic work? If not, try going to http://www.geocities.com/simpsont98/voy8.html and you should see it there.

<edit> oh, and yes, It did say it was cancelled a few weeks back. Then I emailed him (as he said email me if you want it to continue) and he changed his mind. You may also notice in the guestbook on efmods.com I told people about it there.

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Member of the Year 2002
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 4:32 pm, 5th May 2002
Yeah, the pic above didn't work but the link works perfectly. Look's Really Cool! Rock!
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 4:33 pm, 5th May 2002
Think I should work on 7's legs, they look a bit different to the top?

How come when I edit stuff, it doesnt say, edited by ...... last edited etc. like it does above.

Quote:
Hmm, the screenshots won't work either, it tried to download them instead of displaying them and when it tries to download it just does nothing.

[edit]some of them are working now[/edit]
'Space, the final frontier. These are the voyages of the MOD Virtual Enterprise. It's on going mission, to explore strange new maps. To seek out new scripts and new modifications. To boldly go where no MOD has gone before!'

Last edited by Dobberman on Sun May 05, 2002 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total

See the last line of the quote?

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Member of the Year 2002
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 4:42 pm, 5th May 2002
sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't
carlos_technology
Commodore

Posted at 2:39 pm, 12th May 2002
the virtual voyager mod has changed to a virtual freedom mod.

I can't wait for the virtual enterprise mod

Captain of...
visit the Offical Irc channel #efmods on irc.quakenet.org
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 3:04 pm, 12th May 2002
No it hasnt. The virtual freedom mod will be after I think, as Voyager Series 8 (the bit with the story) should be bigger than EF, and will take part on Voyager and the USS Freedom. So, Virtual Voyager is mostly mapped, a bit of Voyager Series 8 is mapped, none of Freedom is mapped, and the Dundee project is a holomatch map of a place in Dundee. Virtual Voyager is somewhat done.

Here is the project leads progress report.

Quote:
eff_start-W:This is when you talk yo carly, she tells you what the mission of EP1 will be.
eff_voy1-F:Wander the bridge
eff_voy2-F:Wander the mess hall
eff_voy3-F:Wander around officer quarters, including Seven Of Nines!
eff_voy4-W:I need to fix the bit going to deck 5,
eff_voy6-W:I need to fix the bit going to deck 6,
eff_voy7-W:Need to add a starting point and add an ending point on transporters
eff_voy8-W:This file never works some how, I may have to re design the whole deck!
eff_voy9-N:
eff_voy10-F:Wander deck 10, luanch a shuttle
eff_voy11-F:Wander Deck 11 and go in both the CARGO bay and engineering! Turn the Warp core offline!
eff_voy12-N:
eff_voy13-N:
eff_voy14-N:
eff_voy15-F:Go about Deck 15 and explore the lowest deck and put the landing gear on!

N=NOT STARTED, F=FINISHED,W=WORKING ON.
Total F:6
Total N:4
Total W:5

Deck 5 is also 1% off being done (needs linking to deck 6).

It apparently takes hardly any time to make a map.

Quote:
To make a deck it decks abour 3-4 days to make it and perfect it. Thanks for all the help and I hope we see a scripter soon lol!

How long does it take you Dob?

And the picture that I had above, is out of date now, since I have done it again. I'll think of adding the other shot, but I might just make you wait.

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Member of the Year 2002
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 5:21 pm, 12th May 2002
A good artist takes his time Na na! j/k Well, I had to make all the corridors and doors and stuff from scratch so that took a while, once I had the prefabs, I put it all together to make the decks, the rooms take longer, but it varies on what I was doing, I started engineering about January, there have been 2 beta tests on it and it should be 100% complete today.
Vanhal
is going to kill you!!!

Posted at 7:55 pm, 12th May 2002
Should be. Grin

Last edited by Vanhal on 31 Feb 2003 25:71, edited 9385 times in total
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 11:32 pm, 14th May 2002
As long as the deadline doesn't get extended again...

Captain of the USS Serenity
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 7:11 pm, 15th May 2002
Ok so it will Na na!