EFMods Forum Archive
[Click here to go to EFMods.com]

Coolest Ride Ever

EFMods Forum Archive - Off Topic
sporto78
Captain

Posted at 3:59 pm, 11th June 2005
When I was Florida, I went on the coolest ride ever. You get into this really detailed spaceship cockpit. The idea of the ride is that your blasting off from Earth and going to Mars in an advanced space shuttle. It is mounted on a ceterfuge so it really feels like your blasting off and flying through space. Each person has a role to play. There's the navigator, pilot, commander, and engineer, and each has a couple of buttons to push that actually do something. For example, I was the pilot and I had to push buttons to ignite the second stage boosters and deploy the shields (advanced spaceshuttles have shields I guess).

It was so cool that I filmed it with my still camera. Unfortunately, I didn't realize it was cool enough to film until about half-way through the ride, so thats how much video I have of it. Basically, all that I didn't film was blasting off from Earth, igniting a couple of boosters, flying over Florida and past the space station and getting to the moon. The video starts with slingshotting around the moon and goes all the way to the end of the ride.

Check it out:

http://www.public.asu.edu/~cfoncan/ride.AVI

Commander Sporto78
Chief Engineer
U.S.S. Serenity

Life is good.
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 7:16 pm, 13th June 2005
I need to go to Florida.

Captain of the USS Serenity
Asky
Ensign

Posted at 7:15 pm, 17th June 2005
sweet! so where is this thing?
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 8:41 am, 18th June 2005
long time no write hehe im still alive

Sweeet florida (america) got everything like that
Get a Life Get Half Life2
sporto78
Captain

Posted at 1:03 am, 20th June 2005
Asky said:
sweet! so where is this thing?

This was a ride in Disney's Epcot Center.

Commander Sporto78
Chief Engineer
U.S.S. Serenity

Life is good.