EFMods Forum Archive
[Click here to go to EFMods.com]

Could someone please explain to me......

EFMods Forum Archive - Off Topic
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 9:42 pm, 5th May 2002
......how my site keeps winding up on these search engines. I never submitted them. Have a look at this:

http://au.google.yahoo.com/bin/query_au?p=ef+mods&y=y&hc=0&hs=0

4 links to my site and one to efskins with the link to my site in the description. Even Vanhal's old address for these forums is there and even more amazingly! THE TEMPORARY ADDRESS I HAD UP FOR A DAY! The one on my iol account.

How the hell is this happening?
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 9:50 pm, 5th May 2002
Probably a search engine thats so efficient it actually searches the net, not just it's database. And what a weird forum it used to be, DobberDaMan. And when did you use that iol address, and what is iol?

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Commanding Officer - Starbase 460
Member of the Year 2002
REMEMBER: Scooter crashed the SQL Server on 25th November 2002 - really? did he? i forgot that
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 9:58 pm, 5th May 2002
iol is Ireland On Line, it's my ISP. I used that address during the bandwidth problems before we moved to efmods.com

I had to be DobberDaMan in those old forums because Dobberman was taken Grrr!

And I douth that about the search engine! Wink
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 9:48 pm, 6th May 2002
Oh yeah btw, I forgot to mention, this isn't the only search engine that I have seen this happen on Eek!
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 9:49 pm, 6th May 2002
Maybe, whoever hosts your site automatically puts the site on search engines.

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Commanding Officer - Starbase 460
Member of the Year 2002
REMEMBER: Scooter crashed the SQL Server on 25th November 2002 - really? did he? i forgot that
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 9:53 pm, 6th May 2002
Probably my counter. But that's only supposed to happen when I tell it to.