EFMods Forum Archive
[Click here to go to EFMods.com]

A mod for the mod?

EFMods Forum Archive - Virtual Enterprise
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 3:29 pm, 14th June 2002
Do you think maybe at some point in time, Dobberman, you could make a bridge mod for the V-Enterprise mod? I suppose this is confusing, so I will explain.

In the movie "Generations", the bridge has been refitted with some extra stations, and the three center seats have been raised on a dias. I thought it might be a cool idea to have a mod that would upgrade the Virtual Enterprise mod with the 2371 bridge. I can provide some reference material, although I would still suggest you watch the movie carefully with the slow motion at the important bits.

I thought the new bridge was cool, but we didn't get to see much of it. With EF we would be able to walk about it, and since you are already making the bridge from the TNG series, I thought maybe you could take a week some time and make this little mod.

Captain of the USS Serenity
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 5:23 pm, 14th June 2002
Yeah, or you could add it in a holodeck, where you could see plans for the planned upgrade to the USS Enterprise-D.

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Commanding Officer - Starbase 460
Member of the Year 2002
REMEMBER: Scooter crashed the SQL Server on 25th November 2002 - really? did he? i forgot that
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 8:28 pm, 14th June 2002
I was actually thinking of making a HM map with the Generations map, we'll see. Happy
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.
carlos_technology
Commodore

Posted at 8:38 pm, 14th June 2002
yes, making a map with the generations modification would be a good idea, in fact you could make a holodeck mission based on it (SP) a fight with TNG uniforms on a planet with a crashed enterprise d, where you arrive in a shuttle, to collect weapons from the enterprise D and you have to use the weapons to defeat a boss creature than you would have to self-destruct the enterprise D so that the romulans can't get their hands on it, then get out of there in the shuttle and head for that nebula class ship seen in generations(the planet would not be destroyed) and you would get to explore the bridge and main engineering.
is this a good idea for a mod after Assaulted Empire is completed, after the enterprise D MP map.

it might be a good idea to make this for EF2

Captain of...
visit the Offical Irc channel #efmods on irc.quakenet.org
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 8:49 pm, 14th June 2002
How long does it take you to make a HM map, since you made that map for the mapping competition, and that POW camp that didnt seem to take long, so how long does it take you, and why didnt you announce on the forums: the developments of HM maps like those 2?

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Member of the Year 2002
REMEMBER: Scooter crashed the SQL Server on 25th November 2002 - really? did he? i forgot that
carlos_technology
Commodore

Posted at 8:55 pm, 14th June 2002
Im sure it would take 1 week to 1 month to make a multiplayer map
has anyone tried the EF map called deralict (made by james nukem), do you have pictures of it I want to see the pictures of where the secrets are

Captain of...
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 9:02 pm, 14th June 2002
Well I was having problems about what to map for the contest, and it was getting close to the end and I hadn't started...

...but it was New Years Day, just after midnight when I started mapping it (sad I know). I didn't go to bed until 7am that morning, I spent the entire time making the map, and that was the result, so 7 hours it took to do hm_fuego, not too long was it Wink That also explains why I didn't annouce it, it was a spir of the moment thing. And I don't think we had the forums when CTF_POW was made.

I have played that map Carlos, but I don't know the secrets, you could try using noclip.
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.
carlos_technology
Commodore

Posted at 9:05 pm, 14th June 2002
remember I said that my version of EF didn't work, I am sure it will work when I restructure my computer, I think that was last month

Captain of...
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 9:13 pm, 14th June 2002
carlos_technology said:
yes, making a map with the generations modification would be a good idea, in fact you could make a holodeck mission based on it (SP) a fight with TNG uniforms on a planet with a crashed enterprise d, where you arrive in a shuttle, to collect weapons from the enterprise D and you have to use the weapons to defeat a boss creature than you would have to self-destruct the enterprise D so that the romulans can't get their hands on it, then get out of there in the shuttle and head for that nebula class ship seen in generations(the planet would not be destroyed) and you would get to explore the bridge and main engineering.
is this a good idea for a mod after Assaulted Empire is completed, after the enterprise D MP map.

it might be a good idea to make this for EF2

I just want a small mod that mods the mod. To do all that would take a long time. What I asked for would take less than a week, maybe two weeks if he only works on it a little bit.

Captain of the USS Serenity
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 9:15 pm, 14th June 2002
I sent a pm with the secrets to carlos so I wouldnt spoil it for some people who may want to look for them themselves.

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Member of the Year 2002
synchromesh
Cadet 2nd Year

Posted at 12:22 am, 25th August 2002
Simmo666 said:
How long does it take you to make a HM map, since you made that map for the mapping competition, and that POW camp that didnt seem to take long, so how long does it take you, and why didnt you announce on the forums: the developments of HM maps like those 2?

It depends on how and what your making.......If i wanted to make a map of a small building.....Reasonably detailed.....Not huge.....Say a passable factory and interior i could probably whip something up in a day!!!!

Just make it till it looks ok....HOWEVER....If i want to make a Recognisable ship that everyone has seen then customisation goes out the window...Its hours of watching videos and studying pictures until you know what a bridge looks like at a 360 degree rotation ...Or a room from all veiwpoints...I never realised how in-accurate the factfiles were until i REALLY studied the video.....Then i ordered Trouble with tribbles on DVD from America so i can get my own screenies, Make accurate textures...My problem is there was only EVER one corridor on the set.....So i still have to use a little customisation....For Dobberman its probably harder as his set was almost a real layout of the ship....In other words the passeges really led somewhere...It was ten times as big as a TOS one....Stukattos a really fast mapper....All the layouts are in his head and he maps till it looks good ( and it always does )
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 2:28 pm, 25th August 2002
Well I've been studying the episodes and the corridor set isn't really that big, it's like a trick like the voyager set was. Everyone's quarters is always in the same place, (the second door in on the right of the junction).
The corridor goes around in a circle so you end up where you started. I have a video clip that shows me the whole set. In other cases, the corridor comes to an end with a turn that brings you to a door that can be used as a holodeck, shuttlebay or cargobay. Then straight around the corner is a turbolift. In the earlier episodes the sets were differant, so I've intergrated a bit of both into them. Also places like Ten Forward and Engineering were on differant sets so had differant corridors. The officer's quarters was on the same deck as Ten Forward.
carlos_technology
Commodore

Posted at 2:54 am, 26th August 2002
where might we get this videoclip?

Captain of...
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 5:42 pm, 26th August 2002
you can't
carlos_technology
Commodore

Posted at 5:43 pm, 26th August 2002
Dobberman said:
you can't

why not?

Captain of...
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 5:53 pm, 26th August 2002
Because its not available to download...anywhere...even kazaa. I would imagine so anyway, because it didn't come on its own.
carlos_technology
Commodore

Posted at 6:09 pm, 26th August 2002
then how did you get it then?

Captain of...
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 6:21 pm, 26th August 2002
I bought it!
adam_doran
Cadet 2nd Year

Posted at 7:10 pm, 26th August 2002
Hi, the screenshots of your virtual enterprise mod look great dobberman. i have a book about voyager and it got blueprints of all the ship sets, i would scan it and put it up here but i dont have a scanner. i hope virtual ent is finished soon, keep up the great work!
USS Voyager NCC-74656 "For I dipt into the future, far as human eye could see; Saw the Vision of the World, and all the wonder that could be..." -Alfred Tennyson.
carlos_technology
Commodore

Posted at 7:12 pm, 26th August 2002
Welcome to the forums

Captain of...
adam_doran
Cadet 2nd Year

Posted at 7:20 pm, 26th August 2002
So do you know what stage of production the mod is up to?
Also why is it that my avatar has to be less than 80*80? i've seen much bigger ones, does your allowed size go up as your rank does?
USS Voyager NCC-74656 "For I dipt into the future, far as human eye could see; Saw the Vision of the World, and all the wonder that could be..." -Alfred Tennyson.
carlos_technology
Commodore

Posted at 7:22 pm, 26th August 2002
no, I don't know

if the avatar was bigger it would mess up the forums
(I don't know how it would mess it up)

Captain of...
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 7:23 pm, 26th August 2002
No exact figure yet but welcome to the forums Happy
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 8:56 pm, 26th August 2002
adam_doran said:
So do you know what stage of production the mod is up to?
Also why is it that my avatar has to be less than 80*80? i've seen much bigger ones, does your allowed size go up as your rank does?

I assume it has to be that size when you upload it from your pc due to saving space. The bigger ones are because they link to offsite ones, and are not uploaded to the forum database.

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Member of the Year 2002
Manhunter
Commander

Posted at 6:06 pm, 31st August 2002
Welcome to the forums! Grin

Chief of Security/Tactical on the USS Serenity