EFMods Forum Archive
[Click here to go to EFMods.com]

Site Updated

EFMods Forum Archive - General
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 8:17 pm, 18th June 2002
Hey guys,
I've updated my site making it as automated as possible. You probably won't notice any differance at all except for the url to some of the pages and the menu being moved to the top on some pages, but there is a huge differance, the old pages were all written in html code and each download had a separate page, but now most of the stuff is run off one page (e.g. The info on Virtual Enterprise, Assaulted Empire and all my files here are all on the same file, info.php) This is for my confeniance (Na na!) so that I can make quick updates easier. This is also in anticipation for the release of Virtual Enterprise, all I have to do now is go into my admin panel, tell it the url of the download, and add the news to the database and volia, instant site update, news on the homepage and in the archives and the download link has been put on the info page along with a brand spanking new comments section to go along with it.

Anyway, to the point, could you go through my site looking for bugs and errors or instances were you get redirected to the old pages instead of the new ones? Thanks Happy

P.S. Oh and another new thing to the site is the download counters, they are no longer run off of another site and I have complete control over them. This means that you won't be redirected when you download something, the page will just refresh and the download will start. Neat huh? Wink
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 8:30 pm, 18th June 2002
If you want, you can post my updated assaulted empire beta. All I want is credit in the readme (takes up one extra line). The new voices are my gift to you for all the hard work you put into Virtual Enterprise.

Captain of the USS Serenity
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 8:35 pm, 18th June 2002
lol thanks Happy

But Captain Carter is a woman Wink I'll see what I can do.
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 8:41 pm, 18th June 2002
Captain Carter. Did you get that from Stargate SG-1?

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Commanding Officer - Starbase 460
Member of the Year 2002
REMEMBER: Scooter crashed the SQL Server on 25th November 2002 - really? did he? i forgot that
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 8:42 pm, 18th June 2002
Woops, ok. I will fix that and get a fresh copy posted soon.

Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 8:46 pm, 18th June 2002
Cool thanks! Happy

LOL Simmo, actually yeah I got the name Carter from Stargate and made her captain of the ship, I didn't realise that her rank was Captain in SG1 aswell lol
sporto78
Captain

Posted at 11:59 pm, 18th June 2002
Actually, now her rank is major.

Commander Sporto78
Chief Engineer
U.S.S. Serenity

Life is good.
Obiko Dozen-Handed
Lieutenant

Posted at 8:25 am, 19th June 2002
Daniel did see an alternate universe where she was Captain, though.

Medical Officer on the USS Columbia
Obiko Dozen-Handed
aka Eoin Dornan
"Photons be free!"
sporto78
Captain

Posted at 10:01 am, 19th June 2002
No, in the alternate reality, she didn't join the military, she was a scientist. She was a captain in the first couple of seasons, then she got promoted to Major.

Commander Sporto78
Chief Engineer
U.S.S. Serenity

Life is good.
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 1:11 pm, 19th June 2002
Obiko Dozen-Handed said:
Daniel did see an alternate universe where she was Captain, though.

First Shane, now Daniel...

Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 5:11 pm, 19th June 2002
Daniel is the character in SG1 not me Na na!

He did see Carter in the alternate reality as Captain aswell, when he was looking for his own one, he taught that was it until he saw her rank.

And I did know she's a major now What ever!