EFMods Forum Archive
[Click here to go to EFMods.com]

Holomatch?-set up?

EFMods Forum Archive - Mapping Help
mb52
Posted at 1:41 am, 2nd July 2002
Can anyone tell me how to set ef radiant to make holomatch maps? Currently its in single player mode. I tried what a tutorial said about changing names of some files in the tools folder but it doesn't seem to work..any help would be appreciated.

carlos_technology
Commodore

Posted at 1:44 am, 2nd July 2002
go to this link

http://www.3dactionplanet.com/eliteforce/ussprometheus/

for info about lots of EF stuff, click on making maps, or did you already go to this site

Captain of...
visit the Offical Irc channel #efmods on irc.quakenet.org
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 1:46 am, 2nd July 2002
This is where I learned to do mapping:
http://www.geocities.com/efmapmaker/

I followed the instructions on how to set up EFRadient exactly and it works good for me. Starbase 5 learned from it as well and his ctf_box map works good.

Captain of the USS Serenity
carlos_technology
Commodore

Posted at 1:50 am, 2nd July 2002
where might I get the ctf_box map, I would like to try it on my EF

Captain of...
visit the Offical Irc channel #efmods on irc.quakenet.org
mb52
Posted at 1:55 am, 2nd July 2002
ok i'll give it a look.
mb52
Posted at 3:01 am, 2nd July 2002
i tried what one of the tutorials said about changing file names and everything...however even after the name is changed the hm items don't show up......
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 6:28 am, 2nd July 2002
carlos_technology said:
where might I get the ctf_box map, I would like to try it on my EF

The tutorial tells you how to make it.

Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 5:55 pm, 2nd July 2002
hey don't turn him away I could help him you know What ever!

Ok, so, by it only makes Single Player maps, how do you know? Is it the fact that it only works in single player? If so then that isn't the case, all maps work on both single player and holomatch, it's just sometimes you need to do something to get it to work on holomatch Wink

In the holomatch menu, bring down the console and type:

sv_pure 0
map mapname

Then it should work, hope that helps.
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.
mb52
Posted at 4:08 pm, 3rd July 2002
Hmmm..actually someone on the raven boards told me why the files weren't changing.... Wha? Apparently win Xp doesn't show file extesions unless u tell it to....anyways i now know how to set it Radiant for Hm. I';ll make sure to remember that when i start testing thanks.
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 4:28 pm, 3rd July 2002
All versions of Windows since Win95 have the option of showing or hiding file extensions. I can't remember if they all had them hidden by default, but XP would because it's too user friendly.