EFMods Forum Archive
[Click here to go to EFMods.com]

Cheating!

EFMods Forum Archive - Off Topic
Grass69er
Ensign

Posted at 12:29 am, 23rd July 2002
Ok, this topic has been discussed quite recently in BZ2 boards,
Most ppl are against, like myself, I used cheats back when I was'nt even on the internet, But then I found them pointless, I found the game point, I mean the game is meant to challege u, are I was taking all the fun and challege out of the game by cheating my way through it, And cheating is a Big no in multiplayer. ur not only cheating urself, ur cheating other ppl in that.
Anyway Whats ur views on Cheating?

GRASS!

Fleet Admiral and currently in
Command of the USS Enterprise F

"JC, Mind if I call you JC?"
-UNATCO TROOPER
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 12:34 am, 23rd July 2002
I like to finish a game normally, and then try a few cheats and see what they can do. For example, in the JK2 demo, I finished the game on all skill levels without cheating. Then I tried a few cheats. Allowed me to play the demo with different strategies. Then Starbase 5 found a list of NPCs so I tried them out to see which ones had skins. For fun I would spawn another Jedi and go thru the demo fighting together. It was fun trying to keep the NPC from dying. Cheating isn't always pointless, but I do agree multiplayer cheating is just wrong.

Captain of the USS Serenity
carlos_technology
Commodore

Posted at 1:09 am, 23rd July 2002
I like to use cheats in SP missions only

Captain of...
visit the Offical Irc channel #efmods on irc.quakenet.org
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 10:29 am, 23rd July 2002
Multiplayer cheats are completely pointless. I sometimes use SP Cheats, but only when it makes it better, like spawning an extra munro with weapons so he helps you.

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Commanding Officer - Starbase 460
Member of the Year 2002
REMEMBER: Scooter crashed the SQL Server on 25th November 2002 - really? did he? i forgot that
Grass69er
Ensign

Posted at 10:32 am, 23rd July 2002
Simmo666 said:
Multiplayer cheats are completely pointless. I sometimes use SP Cheats, but only when it makes it better, like spawning an extra munro with weapons so he helps you.

yeah multiplayer Cheating is stupid and fustrating when it happens to ya.
but SP I agree it really don't matter, Except when ya cheat b4 ya finsh the game First.

GRASS!

Fleet Admiral and currently in
Command of the USS Enterprise F

"JC, Mind if I call you JC?"
-UNATCO TROOPER
Commander luke
Commander

Posted at 7:13 pm, 24th July 2002
god. i have had some bad online cheating experiences, even of ef!

there was this one time where there were like three other people in the map and they were all using cheats!!!! They got like ten kills before i realised they were cheating.

aaarrrggghhh, so annoying!
Damn, lost 400 posts...
Dogbert
Commander

Posted at 7:20 pm, 24th July 2002
Just now, some guy acused me of cheating and he just wanted me out of that server right away! What he did is he called a vote to kick me and i was kicked, then i went back in and told him what i was trying to do but still he hates my guts so i told him never to come to the wdt server because he wasn't welcome. But what an idiot he was. Seriously he was looking for trouble. He was laughing in it's face!

Navigator - USS Serenity

Commander luke
Commander

Posted at 7:27 pm, 24th July 2002
Well you know, some of those idiots!, don't know how to play the game so when you photon jump and stuff like that they think you're cheating. Some of those people are so narrow minded.
Damn, lost 400 posts...
carlos_technology
Commodore

Posted at 7:30 pm, 24th July 2002
I don't think I have noticed any of those people, and I don't know how to photon jump but Ive tried it and it is hard for me

Captain of...
visit the Offical Irc channel #efmods on irc.quakenet.org
Commander luke
Commander

Posted at 7:33 pm, 24th July 2002
Photon jumping is pretty easy you just run, point down ,jump when you're really close and shoot the instant you jump.

and some of them it isn't even stuff like that , they just get so pissed that somebody is better than them they just say they are cheating cause they are mad.
Damn, lost 400 posts...
FliX
Lt. Commander

Posted at 5:29 pm, 25th July 2002
Scooter said:
I like to finish a game normally, and then try a few cheats and see what they can do.

yes definately u have to use cheats ONCE just for fun but u have to definately play a game streight first times,

in general CHEATS SUCK they make games much shorter then they are.. Happy
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Chief Science Officer on the USS Serenity
FliX/mapper/flix_inc@hotmail.com

"man is only free under Equaly free men": M.Bakunin
Dogbert
Commander

Posted at 10:46 pm, 25th July 2002
Commander Luke and carlos_technology said:
photon jump

That is the easiest thing in history. Now, getting extra height is the hard thing. I've also heard of a script that when you push a button then it does a photon jump for you.

And no i don't know where you can get the script!

Navigator - USS Serenity