EFMods Forum Archive
[Click here to go to EFMods.com]

Scooter and Carlos read this

EFMods Forum Archive - Secret Virtual game
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 8:05 pm, 29th July 2002
Well, welcome to the Secret Virtual Game topic. Have a look around, all you'll find is the old stuff thats not used any more, or isnt used at the moment.

I've got several rules for you to follow.

01. Before you post any mission, type it up in the secret virtual game, then, using the moderator control panel move it into the Virtual Game missions.

02. Do not change any of the rules i have made.

03. Keep the virtual game missions running with the same rules as i made (ON, OFF, etc.)

04. Keep it so that you only get a new skill when you get a promotion.

05. Do not kill any crewmember, no matter what.

06. If someone kills a crewmember, find a way to bring them back.

07. Do not edit the crew lists.

08. The only reason to edit the crew lists is when somebody gets a promotion.

09. You will need to know the links to the pips. All pips are in the page: http://www.efmods.com/~ksi/pips/ <--this is not a page, but the pips are in that subdirectory. Look at the pips already there and figure it out from there. And it would also help downloading these files to see them: http://www.tangofleet.org/ranks/Zips/Duty-Uniform/duty-naval-officer.zip http://www.tangofleet.org/ranks/Zips/Duty-Uniform/duty-naval-nco.zip . They both contain the pips of the officers and nco's.

10. Both of you will need to co-operate.

11. Decide between you who will edit the crew lists when necessary.

12. Make sure the missions follow the right line for that ship. Fighting for the Columbia, peaceful for the Serenity.

13. Don't move any old topics back into the new ones.

14. Never use the split topics feature unless it's to split a post off the missions, and then, split it off into the Secret Virtual Game forum.

15. If anyone needs training, make sure to try and find them the suitable ship BEFORE training begins. Try to convince more people to go onto the Columbia, they've only got 3 normal crewmembers: Carlos, Skywalker, and LeprechaunTrekker.

16. Dont destroy the Serenity or Columbia.

17. Dont complain about Skywalker.

18. Dont demote anyone. Just make it longer until their promotion.

19. Keep missions sensible.

20. Make sure that all the crews are happy and make slight changes as you both see necessary.

I'll think of some more soon.

Any comments or questions, post them here.

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Commanding Officer - Starbase 460
Member of the Year 2002
REMEMBER: Scooter crashed the SQL Server on 25th November 2002 - really? did he? i forgot that
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 10:37 pm, 29th July 2002
Right, Scooter, I hope you read this before i go, I'll be back on tomorrow morning for final goodbyes and to answer your questions.

Scooter, you wanted me to start the mission, so I'll start the Serenity mission now. NO OBJECTIONS!

EDIT: Actually Carlos, you start the Columbia mission when your ready. Try to make it start similar to mine on the Serenity, okay?

GOOD LUCK!

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Member of the Year 2002
REMEMBER: Scooter crashed the SQL Server on 25th November 2002 - really? did he? i forgot that
Vanhal
is going to kill you!!!

Posted at 10:47 pm, 29th July 2002
I'm going to keep an eye on you, both.
see-ya soon simmo

Last edited by Vanhal on 31 Feb 2003 25:71, edited 9385 times in total
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 11:23 pm, 29th July 2002
I think who gets to update crew lists when necessary is simple.
Carlos updates crew and ship status for the Columbia.
I update crew and ship status for the Serenity.

When my server is back up, I will fix and put all the pictures back up.

And this isn't a complaint about Skywalker, but I already had to delete one of his posts from Virtual Game because he posted in my mission and he isn't on the ship. His penalty is a -1 post count. Very minor penalty considering his track record.

Captain of the USS Serenity
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 11:14 am, 30th July 2002
I mean be careful not to do it at the same time, because you may edit it at the same time as somebody else, and then overwrite their changes.

The ship status's are completely different, but the crews are both listed on the same page, so be careful.

And Scooter, that's fine what you did with Skywalker's post.

Plus, another rule.

24. Dont abuse the red, yellow, and blue cards. Give blue cards only if it is something bad, like if Skywalker continues to post in the Serenity topic. (remember, 2 blue cards equal a yellow card).

CYA in 3 weeks.

Admiral Forrest in Enterprise: "Dont mess this up."

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Member of the Year 2002