EFMods Forum Archive
[Click here to go to EFMods.com]

Star trek books

EFMods Forum Archive - Off Topic
Commander luke
Commander

Posted at 10:10 pm, 31st July 2002
Hey everybody, if any of you have read any star trek novels or other books post what you liked or disliked about them.

I have read this one star trek book. It's called star trek starfleet corp of engineers. It's really cool, instead of one super long story they divide it into episodes, there were five in the first one and i want to get the second one. Another thing i liked about it was it was in a sabre class and it had a whole new crew. It was a really well wrote book, you could tell the auther was pretty experienced.
Damn, lost 400 posts...
Vanhal
is going to kill you!!!

Posted at 10:18 pm, 31st July 2002
I read this really good one, one of my favorites. It's called startrek acadmy: capture the flags! its really cool!

Last edited by Vanhal on 31 Feb 2003 25:71, edited 9385 times in total
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 12:42 am, 1st August 2002
I haven't heard of the one Commander Luke read.

Man, I have read SO many StarTrek books it's not even funny. I have 65 novels from TNG series, and I'm still looking for more. Only two of them I haven't read yet. (I've also got 18 other StarTrek books.) I can't remember what I liked and disilked. There aren't any that were bad, but the later ones seem to be a bit better than earlier ones. In some respects I preferred the television show, but on the other hand the books can do a lot more because they aren't time restricted.

Captain of the USS Serenity
carlos_technology
Commodore

Posted at 1:08 am, 1st August 2002
I read the Star Trek Generations book and I preferred the movie better

Captain of...
visit the Offical Irc channel #efmods on irc.quakenet.org
sporto78
Captain

Posted at 7:40 am, 3rd August 2002
Vanhal said:
I read this really good one, one of my favorites. It's called startrek acadmy: capture the flags! its really cool!

Wasn't that the one with Geordi as a cadet? They chose the green suits and played a version of capture the flag on some alien world?

Commander Sporto78
Chief Engineer
U.S.S. Serenity

Life is good.
carlos_technology
Commodore

Posted at 2:15 pm, 3rd August 2002
sporto78 said:
Vanhal said:

Wasn't that the one with Geordi as a cadet? They chose the green suits and played a version of capture the flag on some alien world?

whats the plot of the book

Captain of...
sporto78
Captain

Posted at 6:16 pm, 3rd August 2002
It takes place when Geordi is just a cadet. His equivilent of a PE class goes on a major trip to some alien planet to play a game of capture the flag. They wear these things on their chests that if you tap, they are beamed to the ship and out of the game. There were 4 teams, gold, red, blue, and green. Geordi's team, the team made up of the "last picked" people, is green and he's the leader.

Commander Sporto78
Chief Engineer
U.S.S. Serenity

Life is good.
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 8:57 pm, 3rd August 2002
I'm halfway through a book called DS9 Antimatter. Its ok! Its the only one i've read!
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 4:35 pm, 4th August 2002
I read STVoyager: Battle Lines, one on the shakedown of the Ent-E involving Captain Bateson of the Bozeman that came through time. And the book of ENT:Broken Bow.

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Commanding Officer - Starbase 460
Member of the Year 2002
REMEMBER: Scooter crashed the SQL Server on 25th November 2002 - really? did he? i forgot that
carlos_technology
Commodore

Posted at 4:53 pm, 4th August 2002
I also sort of read the Voyager "Caretaker" book

Captain of...