EFMods Forum Archive
[Click here to go to EFMods.com]

"Internal Breach" Trailer

EFMods Forum Archive - Off Topic
sporto78
Captain

Posted at 8:24 am, 7th August 2002
For those of you who don't know yet, one of my hobbies is to make movies with my friends. Well, I've just completed a trailer for the movie that we are currently working on. If any of you are interested in seeing it, you can download it at any of the three sites below. The trailer's size is about 5.2 megs, so it shouldn't be a problem even for those of you on 56k.

So if you guys see it, I'd like to hear any comments/suggestions that you may have. Thanks. Wink

D/L Sites:

http://www.angelfire.com/ego/altsite
http://www.angelfire.com/clone/sporto78
http://www.angelfire.com/clone/sporto781

Commander Sporto78
Chief Engineer
U.S.S. Serenity

Life is good.
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 3:17 pm, 7th August 2002
I'm not quite sure what to say. There's quite a bit there, but all really short clips. I like the night scene where all you can see of the car is the headlights.

Captain of the USS Serenity
sporto78
Captain

Posted at 5:04 pm, 7th August 2002
I put a lot of short scenes in so as not to give all that much of the movie away.

Commander Sporto78
Chief Engineer
U.S.S. Serenity

Life is good.
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 6:01 pm, 7th August 2002
not seen it yet downloading it at the mo
Get a Life Get Half Life2
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 8:55 pm, 7th August 2002
it looks cool is that you in the film?
sporto78
Captain

Posted at 9:00 pm, 7th August 2002
Yea, the guy seen the most. Grin

Commander Sporto78
Chief Engineer
U.S.S. Serenity

Life is good.
Manhunter
Commander

Posted at 1:11 am, 8th August 2002
You look funny Na na! I have got one question how did you make that water blow up in the end?

Chief of Security/Tactical on the USS Serenity

sporto78
Captain

Posted at 2:20 am, 8th August 2002
Manhunter said:
You look funny Na na! I have got one question how did you make that water blow up in the end?

That's because I'm a funny funny guy. Na na!

The water? Depth Charges in my pool Grin
Actually, it's a 3 liter dry ice bomb suspended about 6 inches below the surface of the water. Shoots a column of water up about 20 feet. Very cool Grin

Commander Sporto78
Chief Engineer
U.S.S. Serenity

Life is good.
Manhunter
Commander

Posted at 4:43 pm, 8th August 2002
Wow how long dose it take to make one or get one? Eek!

sporto78
Captain

Posted at 5:40 pm, 8th August 2002
Well, to make one you only need three things:

1) Plastic soda bottles (any size)
2) Dry ice
3) Water

I don't know about where you live but down here I can go to the grocery store and buy as much dry ice that I need. Wink Made the neighbors mad with that one. The guy was sitting in his backyard when he heard a loud explosion, the windows on his house shook, and he saw a column of water shoot up over the fence. Grin

I wouldn't suggest trying it unless you know what you're doing. Dry ice bombs can be very dangerous and especially unpredictable. You never know how long it'll take for one to go off. That one, for example, took about 7 minutes to go off while some of the others that we did took 7 seconds.

Commander Sporto78
Chief Engineer
U.S.S. Serenity

Life is good.
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 5:42 pm, 8th August 2002
Up here, dry ice is hard to come by. You have to be a doctor or a scientist to get some.

They sell dry ice in the grocery store?!?

sporto78
Captain

Posted at 5:49 pm, 8th August 2002
lol, yea. It's about $5 for about 2 pounds. Though my friend can get it through some special program. With that, it's about $5 for 20 pounds.

Commander Sporto78
Chief Engineer
U.S.S. Serenity

Life is good.
Commander luke
Commander

Posted at 6:11 pm, 8th August 2002
scooter, you don't need to be a scientist to get dry ice you must be thinking about liquid nitrogen, well at least not in america. And arizona must have some special law about being able to sell it in grocery stores. Cause down here in florida i've never seen it in grocery stores, granted i've never looked for it but i am pretty sure they don't sell it.
Damn, lost 400 posts...
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 6:12 pm, 8th August 2002
Yeah, I'm probably confused with liquid nitrogen, but it's still hard to find dry ice up here.

sporto78
Captain

Posted at 6:15 pm, 8th August 2002
To buy dry ice, you have to be 18 or older.

You also have to remember that Arizona probably has the most non-strict laws in the entire U.S.

Just look at our gun laws (or lack thereof Grin )

Commander Sporto78
Chief Engineer
U.S.S. Serenity

Life is good.
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 6:50 pm, 8th August 2002
Cool trailer, that splash seems familiar Wink

P.S. Why do they sell dry ice in grocery stores? What does the average joe need dry ice for? (and don't say making bombs What ever! )
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.
Commander luke
Commander

Posted at 6:52 pm, 8th August 2002
making bombs Wink

Well now that i think about it. you might use it for fishing, to cool the fish. or something along those lines.
Damn, lost 400 posts...
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 7:04 pm, 8th August 2002
Isn't dry ice just frozen carbon dioxide?
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.
Commander luke
Commander

Posted at 7:07 pm, 8th August 2002
liquid frozen carbon dioxide. so yes, mainly its used in lab situations to keep things cold, and dry Because when dry ice melts instead of becoming a liquid it directly turns into a gas so no wetness. But it doesn't melt for a LONG time And its very cold -100 degrees (farenheight) or something like that.

God i love being so smart. too bad i can't type.
Damn, lost 400 posts...
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 7:14 pm, 8th August 2002
I think your thinking of liquid nitrogen. And isn't 100'F very hot? And dry ice is solid, thats why they call it ice. They use it in rock concerts, when you put dry ice in water or something, it makes that cool mist.
Manhunter
Commander

Posted at 7:24 pm, 8th August 2002
Do they use that in austin powers where they freeze his body for 40 years? (Or how ever long it was)

Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 7:27 pm, 8th August 2002
Thats liquid nitrogen
Manhunter
Commander

Posted at 7:29 pm, 8th August 2002
Oh ok. But could you freeze a body for a long time then bring it to life again?

Skipper
Commander

Posted at 7:46 pm, 8th August 2002
Should send the film to paramount or some other film company hehe when its all done
sporto78
Captain

Posted at 7:47 pm, 8th August 2002
Not at this time, no.

Dobberman, I don't really know what the average person uses it for but hey, I'm not complaining Grin Although, I have seen dry ice used in ice cream trucks. When they pack the ice cream into the cardboard boxes, they sometimes put dry ice in there too to keep it frozen. And as Luke said, dry ice sublimates (turns directly into a gas (at 1 atm presure) ), so when the ice melts (which takes a long time when the ice is in large chunks due to the fact that the less surface area of the ice, the longer the time to melt is) ,there's no water to make the ice cream soggy Grin

BTW, carbon dioxide is a liquid only at very high pressures. That's why dry ice turns directly into a gas instead of a liquid first.

Quote:
Should send the film to paramount or some other film company hehe when its all done

It's almost done actually. It's the longest movie we've done yet. So far it's 30 min, but it shouldn't get above 45. Anyone have any good video compressing programs? At this time, the smallest I calculate that I can get it is about 148 megs, which makes it difficult if I intend to release it to the internet. Wink

He he he, if you guys think this movie looks cool, wait until you see "The Hunted" Grin

Commander Sporto78
Chief Engineer
U.S.S. Serenity

Life is good.
Dogbert
Commander

Posted at 7:59 pm, 8th August 2002
sporto78 said:
Dobberman, I don't really know what the average person uses it for but hey, I'm not complaining Although, I have seen dry ice used in ice cream trucks. When they pack the ice cream into the cardboard boxes, they sometimes put dry ice in there too to keep it frozen. And as Luke said, dry ice sublimates (turns directly into a gas (at 1 atm presure) ), so when the ice melts (which takes a long time when the ice is in large chunks due to the fact that the less surface area of the ice, the longer the time to melt is) ,there's no water to make the ice cream soggy

Ah, Dry Ice.

iv align="center">
sporto78 said:
Dobberman, I don't really know what the average person uses it for but hey, I'm not complaining Although, I have seen dry ice used in ice cream trucks. When they pack the ice cream into the cardboard boxes, they sometimes put dry ice in there too to keep it frozen. And as Luke said, dry ice sublimates (turns directly into a gas (at 1 atm presure) ), so when the ice melts (which takes a long time when the ice is in large chunks due to the fact that the less surface area of the ice, the longer the time to melt is) ,there's no water to make the ice cream soggy

Ah, Dry Ice.

center">
...they sometimes put dry ice in there too to keep it frozen...
melts (which takes a long time when the ice is in large chunks due to the fact that the less surface area of the ice, the longer the time to melt is) ,there's no water to make the ice cream soggy.[/quote:023fcce6e said:

In Science class we went outside and put some dryice in a 2L bottle (if any smaller you would not have enough time to get to safe distance) and closed the cap and the teacher ran a little ways and after a little while the bottle was deforming and then BOOM! exploded. But a lesson we learned is that you shouldn't do it within a closed space. You have to do it in an open field otherwise the BOOM sound bounces off of a fence or other objects and makes the sound even louder! but an
ience class we went outside and put some dryice in a 2L bottle (if any smaller you would not have enough time to get to safe distance) and closed the cap and the teacher ran a little ways and after a little while the bottle was deforming and then BOOM! exploded. But a lesson we learned is that you shouldn't do it within a closed space. You have to do it in an open field otherwise the BOOM sound bounces off of a fence or other objects and makes the sound even louder! but anyway it was awesome

Navigator - USS Serenity

sporto78
Captain

Posted at 8:38 pm, 8th August 2002
Lol, actually, I use 20 oz. bottles all the time. There may not be enough time for an ENTIRE class to get away, but there's plenty for me to run away. All of the explosions in "The Hunted" trailer were all 20 oz bottles.

Commander Sporto78
Chief Engineer
U.S.S. Serenity

Life is good.
Dogbert
Commander

Posted at 9:01 pm, 8th August 2002
Actually i was talking about just the teacher running away.

BTW, little off topic but it seems that everybody has lost their avatar except for Dobberman, myself, sporto, grass, and maybe a few others

Navigator - USS Serenity

Vanhal
is going to kill you!!!

Posted at 9:34 pm, 8th August 2002
and me

Last edited by Vanhal on 31 Feb 2003 25:71, edited 9385 times in total
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 9:41 pm, 8th August 2002
sporto78 said:
It's almost done actually. It's the longest movie we've done yet. So far it's 30 min, but it shouldn't get above 45. Anyone have any good video compressing programs? At this time, the smallest I calculate that I can get it is about 148 megs, which makes it difficult if I intend to release it to the internet. Wink

Again, DivX is the compression method of choice. Think I told you this once before.
http://www.divx.com/divx/
The Pro version has better compression, but you either have to put up with ads, or fork over $30. If I were you, I'd download the Pro version with ads, and then run AdAware to get rid of the adverts.

Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 6:23 pm, 9th August 2002
AdAware gets rid of spy ware!
Dogbert
Commander

Posted at 6:48 pm, 9th August 2002
I got the Adaware thing yesterday and found a whole ton of crap. Then i ran it again right after the previous scan and 3, 4, 5 more things were found. Pretty weird.

Navigator - USS Serenity

sporto78
Captain

Posted at 10:38 pm, 9th August 2002
I have a problem. As I said, we're almost done with "Internal Breach" but I'm having trouble finding good music for one of the scenes. Does anyone know of a good song that is fast-paced but at the same time creepy?

Commander Sporto78
Chief Engineer
U.S.S. Serenity

Life is good.
carlos_technology
Commodore

Posted at 10:40 pm, 9th August 2002
just use ambient music (however you spell it)

Captain of...
visit the Offical Irc channel #efmods on irc.quakenet.org
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 10:44 pm, 9th August 2002
Ambient music isn't fast-paced or creepy.

carlos_technology
Commodore

Posted at 10:46 pm, 9th August 2002
yeah it is, they had lots of scary ambient music in Duke Nukem 3d

Captain of...
visit the Offical Irc channel #efmods on irc.quakenet.org
sporto78
Captain

Posted at 10:51 pm, 9th August 2002
You have to specify WHAT ambient music.

Where would you find Duke Nukem ambient music. Don't say the game cause I don't have it anymore.

Commander Sporto78
Chief Engineer
U.S.S. Serenity

Life is good.
sporto78
Captain

Posted at 2:11 am, 12th August 2002
Well guys, it's going down. At this moment, my other computer is rendering the entire "Internal Breach" movie. It's going to take a few hours and when it's done, the output mpeg is expected to be 2.5 gigs. So you guys ready to download? Grin Grin Grin

J/K

The version I upload will be VERY compressed, though with my friend's program, the quality shouldn't be horrible. Just a few hours until I can see how this past month of work has turned out. I'm scared You're all against me! Grin

Commander Sporto78
Chief Engineer
U.S.S. Serenity

Life is good.
Commander luke
Commander

Posted at 3:13 am, 12th August 2002
don't compress it too much, those of us with broadband could take 100 mb. It would be cool to have it better quality.
Damn, lost 400 posts...
sporto78
Captain

Posted at 8:06 am, 12th August 2002
Well, after 5 hours of waiting for the damn movie to render (with an output size of 1.9 gigs), I realize that I forgot to include an entire half of a scene. This makes me soooooooooooo happy. Grrr!

Well, it gave me the chance to fix a set of minor "bugs". Now it's rendering AGAIN, should be done in about 5 hours. After viewing it in it's entirety, I say that while it isn't the best movie we've personally done (The Hunted shows much more promise), it's pretty decent for our first "conspiracy-themed" movie. Besides, the point of doing it was to have fun, and we did. LOL, now I can rest in peace...until I wake up tommorow.

Till then......good night, er, I suppose it's morning now, well, you know what I mean. Grin

Commander Sporto78
Chief Engineer
U.S.S. Serenity

Life is good.