EFMods Forum Archive
[Click here to go to EFMods.com]

BROADBAND IN MY HOME TOWN! HURRAH!

EFMods Forum Archive - Off Topic
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 5:33 pm, 7th August 2002
YAY! The merry ol' town of Clonmel actually DOES have Broadband! We won it in a runners up prize to the national competition some towns in Ireland were apart of, to become the most technologically advanced town or something. Well, I'm going to see if we are on its map and then the only problem is the price! 75 euro to install then 50 euro a month. We have too many subscribtions as it is. Another downside is that its run by Chorus, and anyone who has ever run into Chorus knows, it's Bad news!

At least, if I do get it, it won't take so long to upload my (huge) MOD! Happy

EDIT -> Damm Euro sign still doesn't work! €
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.
carlos_technology
Commodore

Posted at 5:39 pm, 7th August 2002
yes, that sounds like great news that you have broadband on your town, but who is Chorus

Captain of...
visit the Offical Irc channel #efmods on irc.quakenet.org
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 5:58 pm, 7th August 2002
It's a cable company that does tv cable and digital channels. It's also doing the broadband. They are infamous for their terrible customer support, and for often breaking down.
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 7:44 pm, 7th August 2002
I told you it would happen some day. Wink Grin

If euros and dollars are almost the same, then that's REALLY expensive.

Captain of the USS Serenity
Vanhal
is going to kill you!!!

Posted at 7:46 pm, 7th August 2002
that is a cable modem and includes cable. it one of the BETTER deals.

DAMM YOU!!!!

Last edited by Vanhal on 31 Feb 2003 25:71, edited 9385 times in total
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 7:51 pm, 7th August 2002
Out here I don't know how much to modem costs, but they quite often have sales so they give it to you for free or next to nothing. It's somewhere from $25 to $30 per month, today's exchange rate 0.6529, which is 17 euros? Or maybe it's 41 euros. I don't quite know if I have to multiply or divide.

Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 8:13 pm, 7th August 2002
What? How did the exchange rate get so low? The were equal almost only recently. 1 euro was 99 american cents.
Commander luke
Commander

Posted at 11:04 pm, 7th August 2002
yeah i thought so too, huh it could be cause the economy in america is doing so bad, i dunno.

My cable cost like 40$ a month for 300k (ggod thing my mom pays for it Wink )

Good for you Doober, if you get it at least.
Damn, lost 400 posts...
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 12:18 am, 8th August 2002
I was talking about Canadian dollars, not American dollars.

Commander luke
Commander

Posted at 12:20 am, 8th August 2002
yeah i know but the exange rate isn't hard to figure out its usally lingering around 50% (Canadian is worth about half)

Edit: oh never mind i get it, i had to re-read it
Damn, lost 400 posts...
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 6:10 pm, 8th August 2002
Scooter said:
I was talking about Canadian dollars, not American dollars.

oh oops, ok then Wink