EFMods Forum Archive
[Click here to go to EFMods.com]

Update on Virtual Enterprise for August 1st thru 9th

EFMods Forum Archive - Virtual Enterprise
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 3:07 am, 10th August 2002
My first duty as Morale Officer is to let everyone know how the mod is coming along. Since most of you missed Dobberman's past two live updates on IRC, I'll repeat them here.

Deck 1: Dobberman's been having troubles with this map, and will have to redo parts of it. Problem is unknown. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.
Deck 10: Mapping is finished, Ten Forward just needs to be scripted.
Deck 36: Almost finished. Dobberman felt inspired recently and is making it even bigger and better.

There is a possibility of a "secret" map, but that's all I'm saying.

And now, a bit about the mod itself. Just like in EF, you can play either a male or female character. Dobberman told me he *might* do the voice acting for the character (how are you going to do the girly part?).
Dobberman said:
you can be either Samuel or Samantha Freeman, either way, you work in a small dreery room on Deck 34, the Transporter Maintainence room. This is a control room for the transporters on the ship, as you are the transporter maintainence officer. You work there with an assistant, but the only way to get to your office is trough a jeffries tube on Deck 36 or 35. You are close friends with T'Vol, a Vulcan with a very human personality.

I'm saying quite a bit because morale is extremely low right now. I'm sorry I don't have any nice pictures to show you yet, but I promise you will get to see something as soon as Dobberman takes more screenshots.

One last thing. A long time ago Raven1989 asked how big the mod is, and Dobberman said 20 megabytes. Since then, it has grown to a whopping 21 megabytes, and it can only get bigger! It will take forever to upload (and even longer to download for those of you on dial-up).

Captain of the USS Serenity
Commander luke
Commander

Posted at 3:23 am, 10th August 2002
Freeman huh? *cough*ripoff*cough* Wink

anyway, sounds good. And where can i get irc? I could probably look it up but i am too lazy right now.
Damn, lost 400 posts...
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 3:30 am, 10th August 2002
It's been discussed in previous topics, which you could easily find by searching, but I'm in a good mood today so I'll post the link again.
http://www.mirc.com

Captain of the USS Serenity
Commander luke
Commander

Posted at 3:41 am, 10th August 2002
thanks, I got it to work and am on the efmods one now
Damn, lost 400 posts...
carlos_technology
Commodore

Posted at 11:48 am, 10th August 2002
Commander_Luke, you can talk about the chatroom in the
"EFmods IRC channel" topic in the general forum