EFMods Forum Archive
[Click here to go to EFMods.com]

HELP:Keyboard

EFMods Forum Archive - General
Mikey_Carr
Commander

Posted at 8:20 am, 13th August 2002
Hi, I live in the UK but somehow my keyboard is the american layout, how can i make the UK layout like if i press shift and 2 it comes up @ it should come up "

Chief of Operations on the USS Serenity

Legend Of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time, Again!!!!! With the new GC Version!!!!!
Dogbert
Commander

Posted at 5:37 pm, 13th August 2002
I don't know but i thought the u.s./canadian layout was the only one! LOL! and whats with the shift + 2 = @ about? is that so differant? sounds like you've just met the computer if your an american/canadian (which your not)

Navigator - USS Serenity

Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 5:52 pm, 13th August 2002
That happens on alot of computers I've come across. Don't know how to fix it.

And FYI here Shift + 2 is " Na na!
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.
carlos_technology
Commodore

Posted at 6:15 pm, 13th August 2002
the settings to change the keyboard layout should be there when you install windows.

else, it is in
Start>settings>control panel>keyboard
and then click on the language tab
then click on properties and you can change the keyboard layout, if its not in the list, I don't know how to help you
it should be there

Captain of...
visit the Offical Irc channel #efmods on irc.quakenet.org
Dogbert
Commander

Posted at 8:45 pm, 13th August 2002
Dobberman said:
And FYI here Shift + 2 is "

So you don't have these symbols?:

!
Shift + 2 = @
Shift + 3 = #
Shift + 4 = $
Shift + 5 = %
Shift + 6 = ^
Shift + 7 = &
Shift + 8 = *
Shift + 9 = (
Shift + 0 = )[/quote:8da478fa2 said:

Navigator - USS Serenity

Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 8:51 pm, 13th August 2002
Yes we do, just the quotation marks and the @ sign are switched. And the hash sign is differant too.

Shift + 1 = !
Shift + 2 = "
Shift + 3 =
Shift + 4 = $
Control + Alt + 4 = €
Shift + 5 = %
Shift + 6 = ^
Shift + 7 = &
Shift + 8 = *
Shift + 9 = (
Shift + 0 = )
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.
Dogbert
Commander

Posted at 8:56 pm, 13th August 2002
what if you need to type in your email address? Or is there some other key to do the "Shift + 2 = @" Example: snot@theroad.com

Navigator - USS Serenity

Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 9:00 pm, 13th August 2002
I told you, the quotation mark button and the @ button have been switched. So on your keyboard, where the quotation marks are, my @ sign is.