EFMods Forum Archive
[Click here to go to EFMods.com]

Damn !!!!! Still not ready for download

EFMods Forum Archive - Virtual Enterprise
synchromesh
Cadet 2nd Year

Posted at 1:00 am, 24th August 2002
Good Evening all.....
I really want this mod so i thought i would sign up and keep an eye out.....I hope it wont take to much longer
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 1:02 am, 24th August 2002
Welcome to the boards synchromesh!

(I had to be the 1st to welcome you, since I'm the only one here at the moment).

Anyway, thanks for coming here. Make sure to check back regularly for updates (weekly now!).

While you're here, you may want to look at the Virtual Game section (I just had to say that Wink )

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Commanding Officer - Starbase 460
Member of the Year 2002
REMEMBER: Scooter crashed the SQL Server on 25th November 2002 - really? did he? i forgot that
synchromesh
Cadet 2nd Year

Posted at 1:06 am, 24th August 2002
Cheers mate !!!!
However im confused ?????
Who is Obrian.....If its not Dobberman......Is it the same Obrian that just released the BRILLIANT "V" map ???????
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 1:11 am, 24th August 2002
Well technically, I think these are Vanhal's forums, that are usef for Dobbermans purposes I think. I wasn't here straight away as it started so Dobberman can tell you that. I dont think its the same Obrien though.

The mods here are Dobberman's "Virtual Enterprise" and "Assaulted Empire"...

...and Ensign_Kim's (and mine's) "Voyager Series 8".

Anyway, Dobberman's or Vanhal's surname in real life is Obrien I think, so that's why its named that.

This probably makes no sense but I hope it helps.

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Member of the Year 2002
REMEMBER: Scooter crashed the SQL Server on 25th November 2002 - really? did he? i forgot that
carlos_technology
Commodore

Posted at 2:41 am, 24th August 2002
welcome to the boards synchromesh

Captain of...
visit the Offical Irc channel #efmods on irc.quakenet.org
HorckDude

Posted at 11:03 am, 24th August 2002
Hi Chris! Happy

Dobberman's last name is O'Brien btw.
Superrobster
Cadet 2nd Year

Posted at 12:20 pm, 24th August 2002
[quote="synchromesh"]Good Evening all.....
I really want this mod so i thought i would sign up and keep an eye out.....I hope it wont take to much longer[/quote]
I can't wait for the release either! Nor can I wait for Yours and Wolf's bridge maps! Get working both of you! Na na! Grin
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 12:48 pm, 24th August 2002
Well, we get a new member, and 2 old members who dont post much are here to welcome him. Nice. Wink

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Member of the Year 2002
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 1:17 pm, 24th August 2002
HI Synchromesh! Thanks for coming! Happy

No it's not the same O'Brien, I'm O'Brien. And it also fits in the fact that Vanhal's name is O'Brien aswell. It was also a pun on Chief O'Brien Wink.

Anyway I'm really glad you are here, hopefully it won't be longer. Can't wait for Enterprise 3 btw, REALLY looking forward to that Happy

I wonder if this is a conspiracy Wink You and Horck and Superrobster suddenly appearing at once Grin
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 1:22 pm, 24th August 2002
Well I checked the Raven Forums and the 'topic' if you can call it a topic here where Synchromesh asked what your website address was, and I presume, as these other people read the topic they follow the link, and some of them end up here, like HorckDude and Superrobster.

They can tell me if I'm right I think. Happy

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Member of the Year 2002
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 1:32 pm, 24th August 2002
Thanks for the interest Syncro Happy
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.
synchromesh
Cadet 2nd Year

Posted at 2:59 pm, 24th August 2002
lol!!!
No conspiricy

It just hit me suddenly whilst i was browsing map sites that virtual enterprise should have been released in june ( or last i heard )

Knowing Dobberman didnt come to the forums anymore i decided to take a look but couldnt find the page in my favourites.....I looked everywhere and it only uccured to me to ask on the forum about an hour after heavy browsing for it Happy

Its good to see Horck and Robbie here too!!!
Hi guys!!!!
carlos_technology
Commodore

Posted at 3:33 pm, 24th August 2002
yes, it was supposed to be released on June 1st 2002

Captain of...
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 3:40 pm, 24th August 2002
It WAS supposed to be released last Christmas! How could you predict that early, since it's not finished yet? I know you added Engineering, but how could you really predict Christmas??? Huh? Wha?

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Member of the Year 2002
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 3:54 pm, 24th August 2002
That release was going to be alot differant than this one.
carlos_technology
Commodore

Posted at 3:56 pm, 24th August 2002
how much different?

Captain of...
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 3:58 pm, 24th August 2002
Dobberman said:
alot

What ever!
carlos_technology
Commodore

Posted at 4:00 pm, 24th August 2002
no, I mean, what was different (eg. what was going to be released at that time [what features and decks and rooms]

Captain of...
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 4:05 pm, 24th August 2002
No engineering, poor maps, extremely low frame rate in areas, it would have deck 2 and deck 12 but the corridors would have sucked and the rooms also would have looked bad. Little or no crew members, their uniforms wouldn't even look the way they should and the bridge (for one place) would absolutly suck!
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 4:15 pm, 24th August 2002
Syncromesh! I just visted your site and went to the advert page for the first time. Wow! It's based on Trials and Tribblations? It has the defiant and k7? I taught it was just going to be the Enterprise again, only miles better Wink! If so are you going to wait till ds9-bop to be released? Cause Wolf359 isn't releasing his new defiant until after that is released, so are you seeing how the defiant is in it?
carlos_technology
Commodore

Posted at 4:19 pm, 24th August 2002
yes, I went to the advert page too, the new map preview looks interesting.
I think there will be a DS9BOP release by the end of the year

Captain of...
Commander luke
Commander

Posted at 4:38 pm, 24th August 2002
Oh cool site syncromesh. Do you get to kill the tribbles? Ive wanted to do that since I saw a re-run of the original.
Damn, lost 400 posts...
carlos_technology
Commodore

Posted at 4:47 pm, 24th August 2002
I think for the tribbles, you would make an SP level of that map, and use either the Parasites or the Harvesters and change it into tribbles, and make them friendly to everyone but the klingons

Captain of...
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 4:49 pm, 24th August 2002
Chaos has said that there will be an initial release soon.

Specifically, this is what he said:

Chaos said:
The DS9 Tour Demo (approx 9 maps, ALL of which have been re-worked and vastly improved since the HM Alpha) will be initally released to existing alpha testers (that are left) and members of the DS9 Forum that express a desire to test the demo, should no major problems be found the demo will be released to the public (If there is not much in the way of feedback and intrest in the demo then I will decide if we go any further - as its taken well over a year to get this far!!

Planned areas (not maps) for the demo:-

Ops + Siskos Office
Office Ring + science labs + canteen + Wardroom
Habitat Ring + Crew Quarters
Runabout Launchpad (type 1) + Hab Ring Docking area
Defiant (not all areas) + Docking Ring area

Ships You can view inside:-
(created as close to scale as possible)

Defiants Chaffee Shuttle
Runabout Danube

The above is a rough estimate of what will be in the demo. Other areas currently in production:-

The Prom
Security Offices
Docking Pylon area
Cargo Hold (docking Area)
Off Station areas
New Quarks Bar

Hope you like!!

Chaos

Hehehehehe. Release soon!

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Member of the Year 2002
Commander luke
Commander

Posted at 4:56 pm, 24th August 2002
Wow, i cant wait for that. Whats the addy to the homepage for the ds9 thing?
Damn, lost 400 posts...
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 4:58 pm, 24th August 2002
Commander Luke said:
Wow, i cant wait for that. Whats the addy to the homepage for the ds9 thing?

Site: (hasn't been updated since february) www.ds9bop.com
Forum: (updated often with more screenies and info) www.ds9bop.com/phpBB2/index.php

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Member of the Year 2002
carlos_technology
Commodore

Posted at 4:59 pm, 24th August 2002
addy? whats that

and the ds9bop site is
http://www.ds9bop.com

edit: another person posted before I got the chance to post

Captain of...
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 5:05 pm, 24th August 2002
carlos_technology said:
addy? whats that

addy = address

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Member of the Year 2002
Anonymous
Posted at 5:29 pm, 24th August 2002
Enterprise 3 is this time based on " Trials and Tribble-ations" there will be three area's The Enterprise....Spacestation K7....and the Defiant..... Cool!

Only sections seen in the episode will be mapped...HENCE...Wolf359 is making a SPECIAL Defiant section for me...not all of it... Sad

You will be able to beam to each of the area's but its still only holomatch...

NOTE !!!!!!!
Thanks for the interest but please........This is Dobbermans forum about HIS maps....Not mine and i dont want to offend him...
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 5:32 pm, 24th August 2002
Can I assume that Civilian is Synchromesh??

Since Dobberman did ask himself it's okay to answer. And we go off topic here in nearly every topic, so don't worry about that. And I cant wait for your map either BTW.

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Member of the Year 2002
carlos_technology
Commodore

Posted at 5:34 pm, 24th August 2002
Simmo666 said:
Can I assume that Civilian is Synchromesh??

yes, I assume thats synchromesh too

Captain of...
synchromesh
Cadet 2nd Year

Posted at 5:36 pm, 24th August 2002
LOL!!!!
Guess who forgot to log in LOL!

Sorry
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 5:37 pm, 24th August 2002
Don't worry, I don't mind....much Wink j/k

Now that I've asked you about your map, is there anything you'd like to know about Virtual Enterprise?
synchromesh
Cadet 2nd Year

Posted at 5:49 pm, 24th August 2002
Dobberman said:
Don't worry, I don't mind....much Wink j/k

Now that I've asked you about your map, is there anything you'd like to know about Virtual Enterprise?

Thanks Dobberman !!!!
1.... Realisticly....When is the first release?
2....How big is it ( i mean the layout not the size )
3....CAN I.... CAN I.... see the bridge Grin

I havent actually seen enough screenies of this map but what i have seen looks incredible.....How about posting a few more Wink
carlos_technology
Commodore

Posted at 5:50 pm, 24th August 2002
synchromesh said:
I havent actually seen enough screenies of this map but what i have seen looks incredible.....How about posting a few more Wink

yeah, good idea

Captain of...
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 5:54 pm, 24th August 2002
Maybe, but the bridge has been causing some big problems so its on the back burner for now so I can't show it to you yet. I don't know really when it will be released.

In regards to size, hmm, well if what I'm doing now works out, the Engineering map will be alot bigger, if not, then maybe there'll be a new map. The bridge map will just have the bridge, the ready room and the observation lounge. The ten forward map only has ten forward on it, because the frame rate isn't perfect and If I add more it'll be terrible. But over all I don't think you'll be disappointed (I hope not)
synchromesh
Cadet 2nd Year

Posted at 6:00 pm, 24th August 2002
Dobberman said:
Maybe, but the bridge has been causing some big problems so its on the back burner for now so I can't show it to you yet. I don't know really when it will be released.

I know the probs with making that Bridge !!!!!!!
I have made one for proving grounds which is finished.....Is there any way i could help you....Perhaps i may have overcome some probs you have...

Just an idea !!!!
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 6:04 pm, 24th August 2002
I'll let you know but I think I can handle it thanks Happy
synchromesh
Cadet 2nd Year

Posted at 6:44 pm, 24th August 2002
Dobberman said:

In regards to size, hmm, well if what I'm doing now works out, the Engineering map will be alot bigger, if not, then maybe there'll be a new map. The bridge map will just have the bridge, the ready room and the observation lounge. The ten forward map only has ten forward on it, because the frame rate isn't perfect and If I add more it'll be terrible. But over all I don't think you'll be disappointed (I hope not)

Im sure we wont be dissapointed !!!!
Your doing the mapping the same way im doing it with mine.....My original 1701 was one whole map and second was the planet and the ship.....but i found that by mapping in sections especially decks....Really does speed things up and as im doing 3 seperate locations this time it seemed logical to go along those lines.....

Plus !!!!
You cant screw up the section that you have already perfected Wink
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 9:20 pm, 24th August 2002
yeah thats true, but the differance is this won't all be in one map, it's more like the tour mode on the xpak
synchromesh
Cadet 2nd Year

Posted at 11:54 pm, 24th August 2002
Oh yes of course.....Yours is an SP tour.....You get the advantage of making sections as levels (although that doesnt make it much easier)....I assume you render each level when its finished ??????

Will there be a lot of interactivity or mainly crewmen going about their business .....If your doing this alone i take my hat off to you....Thats hard work...
Danne
Cadet 4th Year

Posted at 11:50 am, 25th August 2002
Hi synch.
synchromesh
Cadet 2nd Year

Posted at 2:03 pm, 25th August 2002
Danne said:
Hi synch.

Hi Danne Happy
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 2:22 pm, 25th August 2002
Well I am doing all the mapping alone but I got help from plenty of people on the other things like skins and models. There will be a bit of interactivity, thats why I need voice acters, but mostly its crew doin their job. And yeah I compile the levels when they are finished and when I want to test them.
Danne
Cadet 4th Year

Posted at 6:11 pm, 25th August 2002
Can you give us an ETA?
carlos_technology
Commodore

Posted at 2:57 am, 26th August 2002
I don't think Dobberman can, but I think he told me VE should be out before the end of the year

Captain of...
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 5:40 pm, 26th August 2002
Dobberman said:
I don't know really when it will be released.

Wink