EFMods Forum Archive
[Click here to go to EFMods.com]

HELP: IN-GAME VIDEOS

EFMods Forum Archive - General
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 9:13 pm, 26th August 2002
I made a video (supposed to replace the Voyager intro on EF) in Windows Movie Maker. This made the file extension (.WMV).

I then used a proper conversion program to convert it to a (.AVI) file.

I then used the Rad Video tools to convert the (.AVI) file to a (.BIK) file.

I put it in the folder "video" in a new .pk3 file.

(The video was called intro.bik)

When it comes to playing it in the video in the map voy1, it brings up the message, "Unrecognised video file in zzzz9h.pk3" (which is what I called the pk3 file.

Dobberman, you said that you managed it. How did you do it?

(PS. When I copied the original intro.bik from pak0.pk3 into the zzzz9h.pk3, it got the same message. Wha? )

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Commanding Officer - Starbase 460
Member of the Year 2002
REMEMBER: Scooter crashed the SQL Server on 25th November 2002 - really? did he? i forgot that
carlos_technology
Commodore

Posted at 10:17 pm, 26th August 2002
first, get Pakscape ( www.effiles.com) or winzip ( www.winzip.com)
try making the video in .bik format, not .avi format.
try making a new .pk3 file called pak4.pk3 , then make a video folder titled "video" (without the quotes) and change the name of the video file that replaces it to "intro.bik" (without the quotes) and put it in the folder, then put the folder in the new pak4.pk3, or just put it in the video folder of pak0.pk3

pak4.pk3 or pak0.pk3 would work, not zzzz9h.pk3 , Im sure SP would ignore zzzz9h.pk3

this should work

Captain of...
visit the Offical Irc channel #efmods on irc.quakenet.org
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 10:28 pm, 26th August 2002
No carlos, that pk3 name will work fine. And Simmo, are you replacing the theme song? Cause I was planing on releasing my one once I get broadband which should be this week. Anyway the problem is this. Bink files don't like to be compressed, so you have to have the lowest compression on the pk3 that you can, (the ideal compression would be none!). Once it's not compressed, it will work again.
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 10:34 pm, 26th August 2002
I was replacing the video completely with a new one. But I'll try that compression thing too.

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Commanding Officer - Starbase 460
Member of the Year 2002
REMEMBER: Scooter crashed the SQL Server on 25th November 2002 - really? did he? i forgot that