EFMods Forum Archive
[Click here to go to EFMods.com]

Ouch

EFMods Forum Archive - Off Topic
sporto78
Captain

Posts: 1365
Join Date: 19-04-2002
Posted at 4:05 am, 28th August 2002
I had an accident at work yesterday, and now people think I'm suicidal.

Confused? I thought so.

As I said before, I work in a rock climbing gym building climbing walls. Well, yesterday I was drilling a hole in the metal framework for a piece of plywood when then drill slipped and ran across the underside of my arm ripping flesh as it went. Now I have these huge gashes that sting like no other that also happen to look like I took a razor blade and slit my wrist. So now people are asking me if I'm okay and would like to talk about things.

Just found that to be funny. Grin

Commander Sporto78
Chief Engineer
U.S.S. Serenity


Life is good.
carlos_technology
Commodore

Posts: 2443
Join Date: 14-04-2002
Posted at 12:10 pm, 28th August 2002
sporto78 said:
As I said before, I work in a rock climbing gym building climbing walls. Well, yesterday I was drilling a hole in the metal framework for a piece of plywood when then drill slipped and ran across the underside of my arm ripping flesh as it went. Now I have these huge gashes that sting like no other that also happen to look like I took a razor blade and slit my wrist.


I don't consider an accident like that to be funny

Captain of...
visit the Offical Irc channel #efmods on irc.quakenet.org
Vanhal
is going to kill you!!!

Posts: 10496
Join Date: 01-12-2001
Posted at 6:10 pm, 28th August 2002
are you okay???

Hey spoto, if you want to talk about things, i'm here











































LOL!!!!!!

Last edited by Vanhal on 31 Feb 2003 25:71, edited 9385 times in total
Skipper
Commander

Posts: 905
Join Date: 17-03-2002
Posted at 6:37 pm, 28th August 2002
you alright?you want to talk about it LOL!

no seriousely you allright? any stiches?
Get a Life Get Half Life2
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 1998
Join Date: 29-12-2001
Posted at 6:38 pm, 28th August 2002
LMAO Grin

Sorry bout the accident, maybe you should wair a sign saying "I'm not suicidal!"
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.
sporto78
Captain

Posts: 1365
Join Date: 19-04-2002
Posted at 7:44 pm, 28th August 2002
I'm alright. It looks worse than it really is. No stitches and no massive spurting of blood or anything. Wink

I don't find the accident funny Carlos, but I do find people's reactions to my wound to be funny.

Commander Sporto78
Chief Engineer
U.S.S. Serenity


Life is good.
Commander luke
Commander

Posts: 612
Join Date: 23-06-2002
Posted at 1:44 pm, 29th August 2002
Ouch, thats gotta hurt!
Damn, lost 400 posts...
Virtual_Game_Dude
Commander

Posts: 545
Join Date: 20-06-2002
Posted at 3:29 pm, 29th August 2002
When they see sportos wounds....





All pregnant woman:"AHHHHH!!!!"

Cheif Science Officeron the U.S.S Columbia

Like my sig?HHHHEEEEEEHHHHEEEEEE?
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posts: 4620
Join Date: 12-01-2002
Posted at 8:23 pm, 29th August 2002
I just realised that I haven't said anything in this topic yet.

_________________

Commodore Simmo666
Commanding Officer of the USS Serenity, 8th Fleet Commander


Crewman Samuel Alcala
Security Officer on the USS Columbia









































And now to say something related to it, ouch, that's gotta hurt.

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Commanding Officer - Starbase 460
Member of the Year 2002
REMEMBER: Scooter crashed the SQL Server on 25th November 2002 - really? did he? i forgot that
Manhunter
Commander

Posts: 625
Join Date: 29-05-2002
Posted at 5:53 pm, 31st August 2002
Did you yell or weep or just sit there in awe Eek! when you got hurt


Chief of Security/Tactical on the USS Serenity

sporto78
Captain

Posts: 1365
Join Date: 19-04-2002
Posted at 6:26 am, 2nd September 2002
Well, at the time it didn't hurt that much, just stung a little, so I kept drilling. It was a few minutes later that it really started to hurt and blood started flowing out. But I just washed it out real quick and finished my shift. (10pm - 1am) I really don't pay much attention when I cut myself, that's probably why I have a lot of little scars on my wrist now. Grin

I have so many accidents involving cutting myself. Some of the highlights include a incident where I almost severed one of my pinkie fingers (BIG rock falling on me while I was hanging from a cliff), stabbed myself in the stomach with a knife accidently (don't ask), and I welded my hand to a metal bar due to letting my attention drift. All in all, ouch. Grin

Commander Sporto78
Chief Engineer
U.S.S. Serenity


Life is good.
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posts: 4620
Join Date: 12-01-2002
Posted at 9:21 am, 2nd September 2002
sporto78 said:
Well, at the time it didn't hurt that much, just stung a little, so I kept drilling. It was a few minutes later that it really started to hurt and blood started flowing out. But I just washed it out real quick and finished my shift. (10pm - 1am) I really don't pay much attention when I cut myself, that's probably why I have a lot of little scars on my wrist now. Grin

I have so many accidents involving cutting myself. Some of the highlights include a incident where I almost severed one of my pinkie fingers (BIG rock falling on me while I was hanging from a cliff), stabbed myself in the stomach with a knife accidently (don't ask), and I welded my hand to a metal bar due to letting my attention drift. All in all, ouch. Grin


Ouch, my skins all tingly when i think of it.

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Commanding Officer - Starbase 460
Member of the Year 2002
REMEMBER: Scooter crashed the SQL Server on 25th November 2002 - really? did he? i forgot that
carlos_technology
Commodore

Posts: 2443
Join Date: 14-04-2002
Posted at 3:47 pm, 2nd September 2002
yes, that would be a bad thing to happen to someone

Captain of...
visit the Offical Irc channel #efmods on irc.quakenet.org
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posts: 2898
Join Date: 08-05-2002
Posted at 4:28 pm, 2nd September 2002
carlos_technology said:
yes, that would be a bad thing to happen to someone

Once again, Carlos states the obvious. I don't think you'd find anyone that considers getting injured a good thing (well, except maybe Manhunter).

Captain of the USS Serenity
Manhunter
Commander

Posts: 625
Join Date: 29-05-2002
Posted at 4:32 pm, 2nd September 2002
Are you saying that I thought it was funny? Muhahaha


Chief of Security/Tactical on the USS Serenity

Scooter
Morale Officer

Posts: 2898
Join Date: 08-05-2002
Posted at 4:43 pm, 2nd September 2002
No, yesterday you were saying you wish you were in an accident so that the insurance company would give you lots of money. What ever!

Captain of the USS Serenity
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posts: 4620
Join Date: 12-01-2002
Posted at 5:41 pm, 2nd September 2002
Scooter said:
No, yesterday you were saying you wish you were in an accident so that the insurance company would give you lots of money. What ever!


Well as long as you recovered FULLY, suffered no permenant damage, and stuff like that, then getting that insurance would be eventually worthwhile (after the hard recovery of course) Wink

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Commanding Officer - Starbase 460
Member of the Year 2002
REMEMBER: Scooter crashed the SQL Server on 25th November 2002 - really? did he? i forgot that
Commander luke
Commander

Posts: 612
Join Date: 23-06-2002
Posted at 7:12 pm, 2nd September 2002
wow, after all that. it does sound like you're suicidal!
Damn, lost 400 posts...
sporto78
Captain

Posts: 1365
Join Date: 19-04-2002
Posted at 7:16 pm, 2nd September 2002
LOL, I'm just very accident prone. Not as bad as one of my friends though. He's broken both arms and both legs, fractured his skull 3 times, and broke his tailbone OFF. He had to get it surgically removed, so now he has no tailbone.

Commander Sporto78
Chief Engineer
U.S.S. Serenity


Life is good.