EFMods Forum Archive
[Click here to go to EFMods.com]

INTREPID CLASS BRIDGE 4 BC

EFMods Forum Archive - Off Topic
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 2:39 pm, 4th September 2002
well the intrepid class bidge is out for BC i have downloaded it but i carnt get it on with the BCMI (Bridge Commander Mod Installer) its says an error message

component "COMCTL32 or one of its depencies is not correctly registered a file is missing or invalied"

thats when i try and run the bcmi or the bcmp it says to at bridge-commander.com some 1 says to clear your internet cache but how do you do that

http://www.unimatrix-one.co.uk/dreamyards/StarTrek/st.htm
Get a Life Get Half Life2
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 2:53 pm, 4th September 2002
Try downloading the BCMI and BCMP again because I have no problems with them and the bridge works fine. Wha? I'm not sure what an internet cache is but it might be the temporary internet files I think. To clear them go to Start>Settings>Control Panel>Internet Options. Then under Temporary Internet Files click delete files.

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Commanding Officer - Starbase 460
Member of the Year 2002
REMEMBER: Scooter crashed the SQL Server on 25th November 2002 - really? did he? i forgot that
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 3:03 pm, 4th September 2002
whats the bridge like?
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 3:26 pm, 4th September 2002
what version of the bcmi are you using?
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 3:32 pm, 4th September 2002
The bridge looks cool! The minor details are right a little of getting used to though like the positions but its SOOOOOOOOOOOOO detailed.

I think I had Miguel on fire lol!

Also, I'm using version BETA 1.3.

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Member of the Year 2002
REMEMBER: Scooter crashed the SQL Server on 25th November 2002 - really? did he? i forgot that
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 3:37 pm, 4th September 2002
sounds kewl

i have d/l that version loads of times but still want work can you give me the direct link of where you d/l your version please thanks

is it like the EF version bridge ?

have you got to have any other versions first?
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 3:51 pm, 4th September 2002
Skipper said:
sounds kewl

i have d/l that version loads of times but still want work can you give me the direct link of where you d/l your version please thanks

is it like the EF version bridge ?

have you got to have any other versions first?

I got it from BCFiles.

Have you tried d/l again? Dreamyards did upload a new version today in .ace format that I dont think uses the BCMod format. Try getting that.

http://www.unimatrix-one.co.uk/dreamyards/StarTrek/downloads/IntrepidBridge.ace

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Member of the Year 2002
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 5:37 pm, 4th September 2002
I have d/l it again and i looked in the folders of the bcmi and most things are there the only things what are not there are BCMods and SHIPS TGLs
the folders are there but nothing in them but the rest of the folders are fine and thats what its been like all the time
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 6:10 pm, 4th September 2002
Skipper said:
I have d/l it again and i looked in the folders of the bcmi and most things are there the only things what are not there are BCMods and SHIPS TGLs
the folders are there but nothing in them but the rest of the folders are fine and thats what its been like all the time

Sorry I dont know whats wrong Wha? It should work fine? Maybe its just your copy? Have you looked in the bridge selection in quick battle? Is it there?

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Member of the Year 2002
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 6:23 pm, 4th September 2002
Sorry I dont know whats wrong Wha? It should work fine? Maybe its just your copy? Have you looked in the bridge selection in quick battle? Is it there?[/quote]

yeah i have looked there and now the Galaxy and Sov Bridge have gone and then i uninstalled the bcmi and there back

so i can install it but nothing is there then uninstall it and its fine abit stange if you ask me Wha?
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 6:27 pm, 4th September 2002
Skipper said:
Sorry I dont know whats wrong Wha? It should work fine? Maybe its just your copy? Have you looked in the bridge selection in quick battle? Is it there?

yeah i have looked there and now the Galaxy and Sov Bridge have gone and then i uninstalled the bcmi and there back

so i can install it but nothing is there then uninstall it and its fine abit stange if you ask me Wha?[/quote]

I had that problem with there being no ships there before. I dont know how I fixed it exactly but I think it was uninstalling the whole game. Wha?

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Member of the Year 2002
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 6:34 pm, 4th September 2002
I was talking to a guy in #gamingfiles yesterday who was waiting all day for this.
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 6:46 pm, 4th September 2002
YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

I have done at last have to about 10 d/l is works and its kewl abit jerky in places but its sooooooooooooooooo kewl Happy Grin Grin Grin Grin
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 6:49 pm, 4th September 2002
Dobberman said:
I was talking to a guy in #gamingfiles yesterday who was waiting all day for this.

I was too, then it was released at 9pm, fixed at 10pm, finished downloading at 10:30pm, installed at 10:35pm, played at 10:40pm, went to bed at 10:45pm. Sad Not much time to play it.

EDIT: Congrats Skipper!

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Member of the Year 2002
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 6:54 pm, 4th September 2002
Dobberman said:

I saw it on www.bridge-commander.com forum when i saw it i was soooooooooooooooooooooo excited hehehe as i have been waiting for ages for the bridge to come out.

btw all i need now is the bcmp to work again and ill have everything also is there any way to change the single player in bc to have the intrepid bridge instead off the SOV and Galaxy bridge?
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 6:57 pm, 4th September 2002
(I no im double posting but im so excited)

we got the voyager ship voyager bridge all we need now are some voyager missions yeah
sporto78
Captain

Posted at 6:58 pm, 4th September 2002
It pisses me off so much. I've never been able to add any mods to BC. I just end of screwing up the program and have to reinstall. Grrr!

Commander Sporto78
Chief Engineer
U.S.S. Serenity

Life is good.
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 7:12 pm, 4th September 2002
Skipper said:
Dobberman said:

I saw it on www.bridge-commander.com forum when i saw it i was soooooooooooooooooooooo excited hehehe as i have been waiting for ages for the bridge to come out.

btw all i need now is the bcmp to work again and ill have everything also is there any way to change the single player in bc to have the intrepid bridge instead off the SOV and Galaxy bridge?

No because the scripted events use specific points on the Sov/Galaxy Bridge.

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Member of the Year 2002
carlos_technology
Commodore

Posted at 7:32 pm, 4th September 2002
I will download and try the mod when I install BC

Captain of...
visit the Offical Irc channel #efmods on irc.quakenet.org
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 7:37 pm, 4th September 2002
Gosh darnit! Why oh why when I install ships to Bridge Commander, they are completely void of textures?? WHY??

Also this intrepid bridge also has missing textures, where the ops and tactical stations are and the master systems display. Why is this happening?? Muhahaha
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 8:07 pm, 4th September 2002
this is prob the first version of the bridge and they prob make it better later on
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 8:14 pm, 4th September 2002
What about my ship probs Sad
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 8:36 pm, 4th September 2002
Dobberman said:
What about my ship probs Sad

Are you sure you installed it properly. Are you sure they all go in the data folder, in the right subdirectory? Also, if you have the texture detail on too low that might also make that happen.

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Member of the Year 2002
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 8:48 pm, 4th September 2002
I'm pretty sure I installed it right. And If the detail was down too low wouldn't the ships that came with bc also not have textures?
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 8:53 pm, 4th September 2002
Dobberman said:
I'm pretty sure I installed it right. And If the detail was down too low wouldn't the ships that came with bc also not have textures?

No not necessarially (sp?), they made textures for the lower graphics settings.

Which ships specifically cant you get to work? All new ones? EVERY ship including old ones?

Also, did you install BC in the default directory? Because that may also be the problem if you didnt.

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Member of the Year 2002
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 9:00 pm, 4th September 2002
I can't get ANY of the NEW ones to work, the ones that came with it all have textures. And yeah I did install it into the default directory.
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 9:05 pm, 4th September 2002
Dobberman said:
I can't get ANY of the NEW ones to work, the ones that came with it all have textures. And yeah I did install it into the default directory.

Sorry I'm fresh out of ideas. Wha? Wha? Wha? Wha? Wha? Huh? Huh? Huh? Huh? Huh?

I have absolutely no idea how to solve it besides a complete fresh install.

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Member of the Year 2002