EFMods Forum Archive - Ensign Kims Crazy Talks
Mikey_Carr
Commander

Posted at 9:23 pm, 12th September 2002
Ok, here is a topic for older peopl
Contriception
good or bad?

Chief of Operations on the USS Serenity

Legend Of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time, Again!!!!! With the new GC Version!!!!!
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 9:47 pm, 12th September 2002
Oh, I'm no older people am I :-( . Oh well, I guess I cant say anything then.

Seriously, people should be more careful in the first place rather than have abortions and stuff afterwards, which kills the baby, a living thing. (or is that a different thing, i get confused)

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Commanding Officer - Starbase 460
Member of the Year 2002
REMEMBER: Scooter crashed the SQL Server on 25th November 2002 - really? did he? i forgot that
carlos_technology
Commodore

Posted at 10:57 pm, 12th September 2002
I don't really like little kids, thats why, if I get married to woman I will make sure there will not be a baby at all, I haven't found a wife because there are so many to choose from, Im thinking about Xenia Seeberg and Jeri Ryan and several other women
people are supposed to do abortions, its a natural way of life

Captain of...
visit the Offical Irc channel #efmods on irc.quakenet.org
sporto78
Captain

Posted at 12:32 am, 13th September 2002
Yet another Carlos comment.

Commander Sporto78
Chief Engineer
U.S.S. Serenity

Life is good.
Commander luke
Commander

Posted at 2:12 am, 13th September 2002
Carlos abortion is not a natural way of life! but people shouldn't have to have abortions in the first place. I don't mind preventative measures though Ex: birth control pills etc.

And Carlos. First of all, the chances of you actually meeting Xenia or Jeri are slim to none! Let alone have one of them marry you! Besides unless you look almost exactly like Brad Pitt you've got no chance anyway.
Damn, lost 400 posts...
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 4:19 am, 13th September 2002
I'm against preventative measures. Premartial sex is wrong.

Captain of the USS Serenity
sporto78
Captain

Posted at 9:11 am, 13th September 2002
Yes, premarital sex is wrong but people are going to do it anyway, thus, preventative measures are good. It's better to have them than not cause not having them won't stop people.

Commander Sporto78
Chief Engineer
U.S.S. Serenity

Life is good.
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 1:59 pm, 13th September 2002
Procreation, not recreation!

Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 5:07 pm, 13th September 2002
Scooter said:
Procreation, not recreation!

True, very true. Getting pregnant is a very big responsibility bringing up a child.

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Member of the Year 2002
REMEMBER: Scooter crashed the SQL Server on 25th November 2002 - really? did he? i forgot that
FliX
Lt. Commander

Posted at 6:00 am, 14th September 2002
well i think its very important
a one does not wanna get HIV by someone ... only cause one was to lazy to conrecept
b one does not wanna become pregnant with 16... because the whole carrer life would be ruined... imho
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Chief Science Officer on the USS Serenity
FliX/mapper/flix_inc@hotmail.com

"man is only free under Equaly free men": M.Bakunin
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 2:18 pm, 14th September 2002
FliX said:
a one does not wanna get HIV by someone ... only cause one was to lazy to conrecept
b one does not wanna become pregnant with 16... because the whole carrer life would be ruined... imho

There's an easy solution to both those problems that's guaranteed to work 100% of the time (unlike those preventative measures that only work 90% of the time): wait until you are married to have sex.

Not to get all religious on you, but premartial sex is a sin. It is the method of procreation reserved for married couples. It's not a recreational sport for single people.

FliX
Lt. Commander

Posted at 8:53 am, 15th September 2002
well religion interests me as much as a tube of ketchup.... NOT AT all i dont like it....

now waiting till you are married, so you realy think you can do that?? i doubt it... as soon as you have your first "proper" gf for more thatn a couple of months, you will both wanna have "sex"!!!!

i don not have a problem with premaritual sex. as i dont see the point in waitng another 10 years before having the "best thing in the world" Wink What ever! Na na!
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Mikey_Carr
Commander

Posted at 9:52 am, 15th September 2002
lol, i agree with flix there...

kamkazie mcgrathzie
Lt. Commander

Posted at 10:52 am, 15th September 2002
Scooter said:
FliX said:

There's an easy solution to both those problems that's guaranteed to work 100% of the time (unlike those preventative measures that only work 90% of the time): wait until you are married to have sex.

Not to get all religious on you, but premartial sex is a sin. It is the method of procreation reserved for married couples. It's not a recreational sport for single people.

Thanks for the advice Father Scooter LOL! LOL!

Chief of Security on the USS Columbia
Tiochfaidh ar la
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 2:59 pm, 15th September 2002
LOL @ Kamakazie.

Not only do I think I can wait until I'm married, but I WILL! People who aren't Christian are always so surprised when they meet a Christian and they're like, "You're still a virgin?!?" There are thousands of Christians, and almost all of them wait until they are married to have sex. (There are some that don't wait, which is wrong, but sometimes sin prevails.)

Among my people, it is frowned upon to date outside our denomination. Whenever people date someone from a different church, somebody ends up leaving their church, and it's usually they leave our church, and not the other way around. (When I say our church, I mean all of them in the world that are the same as the one I go to.)

The problem is, you see sex as a fun thing to do. It's much more serious than that. It's a method for having children, and only married couples are supposed to do it. If someone in our church were to have premarital sex, they would be punished. Could be anything from excommunication to imprisonment. (Yes, we send people to jail for that, and no, we don't have our own jail, we use the government ones.)

Commander luke
Commander

Posted at 5:08 pm, 15th September 2002
Wha? I doubt VERY much that they have the jurisdiction to send you to jail, but different stokes for different folkes.

I don't believe in premarital sex. And not because of religion or
"The almighty" But because its the right thing to do. (And I'm gonna try my darndest to uphold that)

Contraceptive measures are used by married people too. Some people want to enjoy the married life before they go and have children. And (because I know somebodys gonna say it) Sex is THE ultimate way to show your love. Should married people not be able to love just because they are afraid of children?
Damn, lost 400 posts...
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 7:10 pm, 15th September 2002
Never thought of that. Hmm...

All I can say right now is there are other ways of showing love. Need some time to think about this further.

kamkazie mcgrathzie
Lt. Commander

Posted at 7:30 pm, 15th September 2002
I wonder why Carlos doesnt have much of an opinion on this topic Wink oh ya he is safing himself for Jeri Ryan What ever!

I think carlos has a very warped sence of reality.

1.Lives in a house on his own and has no job.
2 Gets money from vending machines
3 Thinks he is going to marry a famous person like Jery Ryan.

Tiochfaidh ar la
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 7:45 pm, 15th September 2002
Kamakazie, stop saying stuff like that about Carlos, its annoying, boring, daft, and its getting old! Please stop it.

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Member of the Year 2002
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 7:53 pm, 15th September 2002
Simmo666 said:
annoying, boring, daft

Are you referring to what Kamakazie said, or Carlos? Tum ti tum ti

carlos_technology
Commodore

Posted at 7:54 pm, 15th September 2002
hes referring to what kamkazie said

Captain of...
Mikey_Carr
Commander

Posted at 8:59 pm, 15th September 2002
is that true what kakakzie said? if so r u ok?

carlos_technology
Commodore

Posted at 9:22 pm, 15th September 2002
kamkazie is rude when he makes fun of me

Captain of...
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 10:09 pm, 15th September 2002
Hey Scooter, watch what you say! My parents aren't married (And never were).

Quote:
There are thousands of Christians, and almost all of them wait until they are married to have sex.

Actually its the other way round, firstly there are MILLIONS of Christians (not necessarily good ones) and almost all of them DON'T wait until they are married to have sex, if they did, why is teenaged pregency such a problem? (Especially in countries where this happens, the majority of people are Christians)
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.
sporto78
Captain

Posted at 10:13 pm, 15th September 2002
There's actually a premarital sex law in Canada for which the punishment for breaking is jail time? Wha?

Commander Sporto78
Chief Engineer
U.S.S. Serenity

Life is good.
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 12:06 am, 16th September 2002
1. Not everyone who says they are a Christian actually is. They may have some knowledge of God, but they don't have true faith in Christ.

2. Sorry Dobber, didn't know. But that's seriously frowned upon.

3. No, there's no premarital sex law in Canada that you go to jail for breaking. It is God's law under the 7th commandment. Depending on the circumstances, there are ways that one can be found guilty of a crime. Doesn't happen often. There's the odd excommunication now and then, but mostly people either keep it a secret and live with guilt or they get suspended from participating in church stuff.

sporto78
Captain

Posted at 3:50 am, 16th September 2002
It seems to me that throwing people out of the church doesn't help them right their ways, it actually would make it worse.

Commander Sporto78
Chief Engineer
U.S.S. Serenity

Life is good.
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 4:01 am, 16th September 2002
Goes both ways. Some people right their ways and come back. Others withdraw their membership. We have to kick them out because that's the rules.

FliX
Lt. Commander

Posted at 11:58 am, 16th September 2002
Scooter said:
LOL @ Kamakazie.

The problem is, you see sex as a fun thing to do. It's much more serious than that. It's a method for having children, and only married couples are supposed to do it. If someone in our church were to have premarital sex, they would be punished. Could be anything from excommunication to imprisonment. (Yes, we send people to jail for that, and no, we don't have our own jail, we use the government ones.)

well it IS fun thats why everybody does it!!! because its fun!!! noone would have sex if it would be booring, hurting, ect...

anyway, if you dont wanna hae sex till your married, thats fine by me i couldnt care less, but you can not start making souch a fuss because some of DO What ever!
Lieutenant Junior Grade

kamkazie mcgrathzie
Lt. Commander

Posted at 6:31 pm, 16th September 2002
Scooter said:
Goes both ways. Some people right their ways and come back. Others withdraw their membership. We have to kick them out because that's the rules.

Scooter what religeon are you exactly,im a Catholic and our "church" isnt that strict they dont know anything about peoples lives are Christians supposed to forgive? So shouldnt you forgive people who have Premarital sex.

Just wondering because your "church" sounds a bit like a cult Wah!

Tiochfaidh ar la
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 8:26 pm, 16th September 2002
Nobody gets excommunicated in the catholic church unless you did something SERIOUSLY wrong, not even murders (I guess there are too many of them). The only one that I can remember that was excommunicated in my life time was Sinead O'Connor (she was ordaned a priest by some wacko priest even though in the catholic church you can't be a priest if you are a woman, we're workin on that Wink). You're religion seems overly strict!
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.
sporto78
Captain

Posted at 9:28 pm, 16th September 2002
That's exactly what I was thinking.

I've had some pretty bad experiences with religion so only now after about 6 years am I starting to go back to church. (No, I wasn't kicked out Na na! )

Commander Sporto78
Chief Engineer
U.S.S. Serenity

Life is good.
LeprechaunTrekker
Commander

Posted at 9:35 pm, 16th September 2002
I don't think it is always bad to kick someone out of a church. Sometimes somepeople may not just belong in the so called "church" environment, or maybe that certain church isn't right for them and it would be better for both parties if they left. It has happened at mine and and some other churches.

Deputy Security Officer up for hire...
-----------------
T'pol: "It's my understanding that your mating ritual is effective in easing tension."
Trip:"That hadn't always been my experience."
-ENTERPRISE Episode 22: "Fallen Hero"
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 9:40 pm, 16th September 2002
Changing religion and being excommunicated are two completely differant things, excommunication doesn't just kick you out, it renders you dead in the eyes of that church (and essential condemed to hell since you've been kicked out of the (supposably) one true faith, it doesn't necessarily mean you are since thats for God to decide).
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 3:00 am, 17th September 2002
Looks like I've confused you all.

I am Protestant. The exact name of my denomination is "Canadian Reformed" and is most similar to presbyterian. Yes, Christians are supposed to forgive, but if the sinner doesn't repent, they get excommunicated. We've only had two excommunications in the past fifty years. Excommunication is the final stage in a LONG process of discipline. We start by prohibiting the sinner from participating in the Lord's Supper (similar to mass). Let me make this clear, this sort of thing rarely happens.

My church is NOT a cult. We are just really conservative.

It would be easier for you to read about our churches, rather than me explain it. (I'm not the greatest at explaining things.) Check out the official web site of the Canadian and American Reformed Churches. http://www.canrc.org

FliX
Lt. Commander

Posted at 7:42 am, 18th September 2002
im supprised, (NOT CRITESISNG!!!!) that you guys are so religious, i dont even belong to a church (anymore What ever! )

HONEST:
i dont mind, or have a problem with that!!!
Lieutenant Junior Grade