EFMods Forum Archive
[Click here to go to EFMods.com]

The Cops are Following Us!

EFMods Forum Archive - Off Topic
sporto78
Captain

Posted at 9:22 pm, 16th September 2002
Last night, well, this morning at about 4am, my roomate and I were bored and not tired, so we decided to take walk around campus. We just happened to take my new camera with us. Well, we walked around for about 20 min filming various interesting sights, all the time seeing no one else at all anywhere on campus (which is unusual for a college campus. There are always people out no matter what time it is). Anyway, we walked clear across campus and suddenly noticed a whole bunch of cop cars just sitting in the dark at various locations. Then we noticed that they were moving and that it was only 2 cop cars. Soon after, we realized that they were trying to follow us without us knowing. They were "staggering". One car would sit in a location where he could see us but we couldn't see him (he thought). Meanwhile, the other car would drive through side streets and alleyways until they popped out in another "hidden" location in front of us. Then as we kept walking, that Cop would watch us as the other moved ahead. This "leapfrogging" was very cool to watch (we weren't worried cause we weren't breaking any laws). They continued to follow us like this until we made it back to our apartment, which was about a mile from where they started following.

We were never stopped, just followed discretly, even though they knew we saw them. It was exciting. I'll update you guys when we do it again tonight. Grin

Commander Sporto78
Chief Engineer
U.S.S. Serenity

Life is good.
LeprechaunTrekker
Commander

Posted at 9:28 pm, 16th September 2002
That sounds cool. Happy Something like that happened to me one time. I had just come from a party (don't worry, there were no drugs, alcohol, etc. The dad was a preacher), and I was riding home with one of my friends. We saw these two cops on motorcycles, and they did something similar to that. It was wierd. Wha? But it was kinda funny as well. It should be interesting if they do that tonight to you.

Deputy Security Officer up for hire...
-----------------
T'pol: "It's my understanding that your mating ritual is effective in easing tension."
Trip:"That hadn't always been my experience."
-ENTERPRISE Episode 22: "Fallen Hero"
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 9:30 pm, 16th September 2002
Jeez that would have freaked me out! Why didn't you go up to them and ask wtf they were doin?
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.
sporto78
Captain

Posted at 9:33 pm, 16th September 2002
They may have shot us. Scaring the **** out of an armed policeman isn't a good idea. We would have scared them cause we would have shot off the sidewalk into the dark alleys that they were hiding in. Cops don't take chances when they think they are in danger.

Commander Sporto78
Chief Engineer
U.S.S. Serenity

Life is good.
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 9:36 pm, 16th September 2002
Yeah they're stupid like that, killing people for no reason and don't even get in trouble for it. You don't have to shoot anyone who looks cruked at you, in Ireland, the cops aren't even given guns, just battons.
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.
sporto78
Captain

Posted at 9:43 pm, 16th September 2002
Well, I suppose I exagerated a little. It just that the crime rate here is probably a lot higher than Ireland. The Cops probably wouldn't have shot us for walking over to them, but they probably would have drawn their guns.

Just put it into perspective. They saw 2 guys walking through campus at 4 am on a Monday morning video taping various things, then just randomly changing directions. To a Cop, that looks more than suspisious.

Cops are taught to be very cautious. They don't want to put their lives in risk any more than is absolutely necessary. I don't blame them. It doesn't matter to me. They just check my ID, see I don't have any warrents out for my arrest, and let me go. No harm done.

Commander Sporto78
Chief Engineer
U.S.S. Serenity

Life is good.
carlos_technology
Commodore

Posted at 10:10 pm, 16th September 2002
that would scare me if it happened to me

Captain of...
visit the Offical Irc channel #efmods on irc.quakenet.org
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 10:18 pm, 16th September 2002
Well, its not so sugar and spice here either, a girl my age was raped at a party after she got her junior cert results on sept. 11th, and a boy in my school who was only 14 was beaten to death the other day near a chipper I go to alot at lunch time!
carlos_technology
Commodore

Posted at 10:20 pm, 16th September 2002
Dobberman said:
a girl my age was **** at a party after she got he junior cert results on sept. 11th

what does the **** mean

it happened again, I posted before someone edited their post

Captain of...
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 10:21 pm, 16th September 2002
look again, and i think its pretty easy to guess
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 4:22 pm, 17th September 2002
It's pretty easy to guess now for sure, it aactually says is.

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Commanding Officer - Starbase 460
Member of the Year 2002
REMEMBER: Scooter crashed the SQL Server on 25th November 2002 - really? did he? i forgot that
sporto78
Captain

Posted at 7:36 pm, 17th September 2002
He he he, we did it again last night. I think we went out too early (midnight) . There were a lot people outside so we didn't look as suspicious. No one followed us. I think we have to go out a lot later. Well, there's always next time. Grin

Commander Sporto78
Chief Engineer
U.S.S. Serenity

Life is good.
gta_king
Cadet 4th Year

Posted at 8:59 pm, 17th September 2002
lol. When you doing it again?
carlos_technology
Commodore

Posted at 9:03 pm, 17th September 2002
gta_king said:

yes, when are you doing it again?

Captain of...
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 9:10 pm, 17th September 2002
carlos_technology said:
gta_king said:

I'm curious too, when do you plan to do it again?

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Member of the Year 2002
REMEMBER: Scooter crashed the SQL Server on 25th November 2002 - really? did he? i forgot that
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 9:15 pm, 17th September 2002
Simmo666 said:
carlos_technology said:
gta_king said:

yeah! When you gonna do it again???
sporto78
Captain

Posted at 10:04 pm, 17th September 2002
Dobberman said:
Simmo666 said:
carlos_technology said:
gta_king said:

yeah! When you gonna do it again???

Uh-huh! When are you doing it ag....

Oh wait! Grin

I don't know when we're doing it again. Maybe even tonight as we don't have any early classes tommorow.

Commander Sporto78
Chief Engineer
U.S.S. Serenity

Life is good.
FliX
Lt. Commander

Posted at 7:56 am, 18th September 2002
i once had a hot pursuite on my bike with a cop car

i didnt have lights on my bike, and it was dark, then i suddenly saw a coppa car tehre, i made a 180 turn and turned left into an ally, they followed me for about 10 min, i was going as fast as i could trying to find somewhere, where they couldn follow me naymore, but i coulnd find any place What ever!

then i had gotten rid of them because o a couple of pols in the path, but they drove arround the outside, and used theyr megaphone to stop me, i had to pay 15 € for not driving with lights What ever!

that was VERY Exiting i can tell you, i went home and installed GTA2 again, just to drive over a couple of cops Grin

BTW i dont like cops!!! Anarchy
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Chief Science Officer on the USS Serenity
FliX/mapper/flix_inc@hotmail.com

"man is only free under Equaly free men": M.Bakunin
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 2:48 pm, 18th September 2002
You get a fine for not having lights on your bike? In Canada they might tell you to wear bright clothing or something, but they don't care if you have lights or not. The only thing they would fine you for is if you weren't wearing a helmet, and that's only in provinces that have helmet laws.

Captain of the USS Serenity
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 3:00 pm, 18th September 2002
Over here I dont think the police could care less if you had a helmet, lights on your bike or car even.

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Member of the Year 2002
FliX
Lt. Commander

Posted at 4:47 pm, 18th September 2002
well germany is stict What ever!
its the law to have lights on as soon as the street lghts go on What ever!
as for helmets theres is no law for that *phwee
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 9:04 pm, 18th September 2002
I don't know about a helmet, but in ireland there are laws about lights and even a bell, but they are not inforced.
sporto78
Captain

Posted at 10:27 pm, 18th September 2002
There are a lot of little laws here regaurding bikes. Most of them aren't enforced but every now and then you get an anal cop who is dying to give people tickets. Like the one cop who almost gave me a $300 ticket for riding my bike in a crosswalk. What ever!

Commander Sporto78
Chief Engineer
U.S.S. Serenity

Life is good.
Manhunter
Commander

Posted at 2:38 am, 19th September 2002
Quote:
Like the one cop who almost gave me a $300 ticket for riding my bike in a crosswalk.

rofl Na na!

Quote:
I didnt have lights on my bike

Was that you bicycle or you moter bike?

Chief of Security/Tactical on the USS Serenity

FliX
Lt. Commander

Posted at 2:27 pm, 20th September 2002
well a cycle, i am only 16, so i have to wait another 2 years befor i can ride a "bike" Wink
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Manhunter
Commander

Posted at 5:45 pm, 21st September 2002
Good for you but I wanted to know from sporto if he was riding him M bike or his bicycle

FliX
Lt. Commander

Posted at 11:46 pm, 21st September 2002
Do'h

What ever! What ever! What ever! What ever!
Lieutenant Junior Grade

sporto78
Captain

Posted at 12:21 am, 22nd September 2002
Manhunter said:
Good for you but I wanted to know from sporto if he was riding him M bike or his bicycle

I was riding my bicycle, that's what makes it even more rediculous.

Commander Sporto78
Chief Engineer
U.S.S. Serenity

Life is good.
Manhunter
Commander

Posted at 4:15 pm, 22nd September 2002
Yowzers What ever!