EFMods Forum Archive
[Click here to go to EFMods.com]

Trying to add ambient sounds <need help!>

EFMods Forum Archive - Mapping Help
brisck1
Posted at 6:36 pm, 16th April 2002
Can anyone teel me how I can add ambient sounds in my map? I have in indoor and and outdoor areas and want to put some wind sfx outdoors, and some machinery noises indoors. I cant seem to figure it out...

cheers
Vanhal
is going to kill you!!!

Posted at 6:49 pm, 16th April 2002
*cough*REGESTER*cough*

Last edited by Vanhal on 31 Feb 2003 25:71, edited 9385 times in total
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 6:50 pm, 16th April 2002
Well, ambient sounds can be tricky. Well, you could place a target_speaker in the inside playing the machinery sounds, and another one on the outside playing the wind sounds. But then the sounds might be playing in places you didn't want them to or not in places you do want them to. A good idea is to place triggers on the entrances to the building which will play the appropriate sounds.

E.g. - When walking out a door to the outside, it will hit a trigger which will play the sound of the wind blowing. In the trigger, type:

soundSet
soundfilename.wav

That will make it play as an ambient. Don't forget to put another trigger facing the opposite direction that will play the other sound. Give it a try and tell me what happens. Wink
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.
Brisck
Posted at 7:14 pm, 16th April 2002
That sounds ok but wouldnt the sounds start rather abruptly?
brisck1
Cadet 1st Year

Posted at 7:17 pm, 16th April 2002
Oh and by the way i AM registered now
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 7:59 pm, 16th April 2002
Yeah, they would kinda! Sad
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.