EFMods Forum Archive
[Click here to go to EFMods.com]

Holomatch troubles

EFMods Forum Archive - Off Topic
Commander luke
Commander

Posted at 4:27 am, 18th September 2002
ARG!!! I don't know whats up with Elite Force but here goes. Whenever I try to sign on to holomatch it says that there is no response from master server. I have re-installed Elite Force and the X-pace twice to no avail. Any ideas? I know its not my internet connection (obviously) otherwise I wouldnt be here. Do any of you have this problem?

Edit:

I've also had some problems with my SP textures since i've installed the x-pack (its probably my crappy graphics card.) All of the textures except for people are entierly black. Any help with this would be greatly apreciated.

(and before anyone asks, I have the full legitimate copies of Elie force and the X-pack)
Damn, lost 400 posts...
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 6:10 am, 18th September 2002
I had the black textures problem with Medal of Honor. The pak file that contained the textures was corrupt. Nothing I could do though cause it wasn't legit. Stupid store wouldn't sell the game to me because the salesman had his ESRB ratings confused.

I doubt this is your problem though. I've never heard of a bad EF disc. I do know that some people have wacky EF installations, like one guy on effiles who complains my mods don't work when I know that they do. He's very stubborn.

Anyways, the only way to test is install on a different computer and see what happens. Don't know how easy or hard that would be for you. I guess I sort of have an advantage there. From my experience, EF can be very picky.

Captain of the USS Serenity
sporto78
Captain

Posted at 8:07 am, 18th September 2002
Scooter said:
I had the black textures problem with Medal of Honor. The pak file that contained the textures was corrupt. Nothing I could do though cause it wasn't legit. Stupid store wouldn't sell the game to me because the salesman had his ESRB ratings confused.

You're 18 and you're too young to by a game?

Commander Sporto78
Chief Engineer
U.S.S. Serenity

Life is good.
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 2:45 pm, 18th September 2002
That's what I thought.

Commander luke
Commander

Posted at 4:31 pm, 18th September 2002
Huh, thanks scoter. Installing it on another pc should not be a problem. I still get the No return from master sever error though. Any of you with that problem? Maybe i'll just take every mod/map I have ever downloaded off. Sucks but it could work. I've had some problems with downloading maps before.

Well that seemed to be the problem. i uninstalled every single mod and map I ever downloaded, from geothermal to faceoff. and the textures work but the holomatch doesn't. Oh well.
Damn, lost 400 posts...
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 8:04 pm, 18th September 2002
You've got the opposite problem of most people. Most people who have troubles with EF their single player doesn't work. Go figure!

Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 8:36 pm, 18th September 2002
maybe your firewall is preventing you from contacting the master server?
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.
carlos_technology
Commodore

Posted at 8:38 pm, 18th September 2002
you have to buy an EF server to create one

Captain of...
visit the Offical Irc channel #efmods on irc.quakenet.org
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 11:41 pm, 18th September 2002
No you don't. I make EF servers all the time.

carlos_technology
Commodore

Posted at 11:43 pm, 18th September 2002
then how come I can't get them to work, I start the server, then I go to join it and I can't find it on the EF server list

Captain of...
visit the Offical Irc channel #efmods on irc.quakenet.org
Commander luke
Commander

Posted at 3:14 am, 19th September 2002
Well, I've never had trouble getting to play before. My firewall has never been a problem, especially since I have it set so that EF goes through. I don't even play but a couple of matches a night. Its just aggrivating.
Damn, lost 400 posts...