EFMods Forum Archive
[Click here to go to EFMods.com]

An Idea

EFMods Forum Archive - Voyager Season 8
Guko
Posted at 12:26 pm, 30th September 2002
Why don't you forget EF 1 and map for EF 2! EF is more advance and will have better MODs on it EF2 will be much better forget EF 1!
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 3:51 pm, 30th September 2002
Did you not read carefully? Mikey said he was going to mod for EF1 only. Raven has sent good tidings. Besides, EF2 is too cartoon-ish and it's more difficult to mod for considering it's not even out yet. Sure, it's based on Team Arena, but Quake and EF1 weren't fully compatible, so Team Arena and EF2 might not be either. Furthermore, if everybody stopped modding for EF1, it would die, and we don't want that to happen.

Here's a better idea: Register!

Captain of the USS Serenity
Mikey_Carr
Commander

Posted at 4:22 pm, 30th September 2002
Thank you for posting at EFMODs.com. Sorry to inform you we have started mapping a three projects for elite force 1 which will be released over the next year. We have no plans for these projects to go on to the EF 2 platform. Further more we will not start mapping on to EF 2 without a request from Ritual or without a lot of support. Some of our team members are still unsure weather or not they are going to purchase EF 2. So it is clear that we will stick to EF 1 until all or most of our MODs are released.

What do you all think?

Chief of Operations on the USS Serenity

Legend Of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time, Again!!!!! With the new GC Version!!!!!
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 5:22 pm, 30th September 2002
I dont think EF2 looks cartoonish. Look at the early pictures of EF1: They were crap looking too. But EF2's graphics, and all the stuff about it is better. Remember its still months from a release! They improve it in that time. And think of what Modders do: Improve the game! They WILL improve EF2! Plus, The Q3A engine can handle bigger maps, so it will be better.

You think those aliens look cartoony? Not Star Trek? Well when on earth in Star Trek have ever seen any creatures like Reavers, Avatars, and Harvesters? Harvesters look stupid! The creatures in EF2 look loads more realistic! And the Vohrosth: that was stupid, something cartoonish like that, only with better graphics! I'm sure EF2's graphics will be improved by then.

Plus, saying that the characters look in no way like the EF1 characters, nobody (correct me if I'm wrong) has released a mod for EF1 that has faces made from scratch replacing the EF1 ones. I challenge somebody out there to recreate the faces made in EF1 from scratch, go on, try it, it'll be soooooooooooooo hard!

Well, there's my view. And I will DEFINATELY be buying EF2.

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Commanding Officer - Starbase 460
Member of the Year 2002
REMEMBER: Scooter crashed the SQL Server on 25th November 2002 - really? did he? i forgot that
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 6:23 pm, 30th September 2002
actually, loads of people have made skins from scratch.
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.
gta_king
Cadet 4th Year

Posted at 6:27 pm, 30th September 2002
I will be buying EF2 and i pruchased EF1 EXP Pack for this Mod!
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 7:10 pm, 30th September 2002
Are those skins of Munro, Telsia, Chang etc???

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Member of the Year 2002
REMEMBER: Scooter crashed the SQL Server on 25th November 2002 - really? did he? i forgot that
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 7:11 pm, 30th September 2002
I'll decide whether to buy EF2 or not when the demo comes out. Probably I will.

Captain of the USS Serenity
carlos_technology
Commodore

Posted at 7:52 pm, 30th September 2002
harvesters look like the headcrabs in half-life, right?

Captain of...
visit the Offical Irc channel #efmods on irc.quakenet.org
sporto78
Captain

Posted at 8:23 pm, 30th September 2002
Ensign_Kim said:
Thank you for posting at EFMODs.com. Sorry to inform you we have started mapping a three projects for elite force 1 which will be released over the next year. We have no plans for these projects to go on to the EF 2 platform. Further more we will not start mapping on to EF 2 without a request from Ritual or without a lot of support. Some of our team members are still unsure weather or not they are going to purchase EF 2. So it is clear that we will stick to EF 1 until all or most of our MODs are released.

What do you all think?

Wow, it's hard to stomach kim sounding so professional Grin

Commander Sporto78
Chief Engineer
U.S.S. Serenity

Life is good.
Mikey_Carr
Commander

Posted at 8:52 pm, 30th September 2002
lol, is not that hard is it? Any way I like to keep things prffessional when it comes to Modding

Chief of Operations on the USS Serenity

Legend Of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time, Again!!!!! With the new GC Version!!!!!
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 9:23 pm, 30th September 2002
Simmo666 said:
Are those skins of Munro, Telsia, Chang etc???

no but they were started from scratch.
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 10:01 pm, 30th September 2002
Were they ever released?

EDIT: OOOPS! I just read it again. Never mind.

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Member of the Year 2002