EFMods Forum Archive
[Click here to go to EFMods.com]

LockedThe One True Radiant

EFMods Forum Archive - Mapping Help
RMS Oceanic
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Posted at 2:23 pm, 19th April 2002
Hi. As you may (not) know, I am running EF Graveyard, which will host partially constructed maps. I want to view the .map files so I can see what they look like so far. For some reason, EF Radiant crashes 9/10 times. Which Radiant would be best for just viewing a .map file?

Thanks in advance.
Intended Ocean Liners

EF Graveyard

My babies! Grin
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 4:25 pm, 19th April 2002
That's like asking for a release, and you would get to view the map files and convert them to BSP files and view the maps before such loyal fans such as myself could have a chance to. I say dont give him them, sorry, I just have to be against this. Na na!

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Commanding Officer - Starbase 460
Member of the Year 2002
REMEMBER: Scooter crashed the SQL Server on 25th November 2002 - really? did he? i forgot that
RMS Oceanic
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Posted at 7:14 pm, 19th April 2002
It's not like that. Here's how it works:
Quote:
Person A stars a map but loses interest in it over time and decides he has better things to do then to finish that map or mod. So person A writes down some info about the map/mod with a few Ideas he/she had for it at one time. Then Person A passes it onto Person B (I could be person B) and person B adds it to a web page along with a bunch of old unwanted incomplete maps/mods. So when person C is looking for some inspiration or doesn't want to start a map from scratch, he goes to the web page and reads about all the mods/maps that are incomplete and picks one.
That person then notifies person b that he/she is working on it and has dibs on it until he/she gets bored with it and puts it back on the web page or finished it.

So on and so forth!

It will only be for maps/mods that the original creator doesn't want to continue. Understand?
Intended Ocean Liners

EF Graveyard

My babies! Grin
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 8:42 pm, 19th April 2002
Yes I know about the Graveyard Wink
I've heard good things about GTK Radient. But I don't really like it.
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.
RMS Oceanic
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Posted at 8:46 pm, 19th April 2002
Yeah. The only version of GTK I found was specifically designed for Q3/RTCW. Anyone know where I could find Q3Radiant?
Intended Ocean Liners

EF Graveyard

My babies! Grin
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 8:49 pm, 19th April 2002
Actually, you can get q3radient at effiles:

http://www.effiles.com/file.info?941

And I'm pretty sure GTK is good for everything
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 8:54 pm, 19th April 2002
I think you can also get it on the DVD verion of PCZone
Get a Life Get Half Life2
RMS Oceanic
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Posted at 8:55 pm, 19th April 2002
I'm d/ling it now. Hope it works.
Intended Ocean Liners

EF Graveyard

My babies! Grin
FliX
Lt. Commander

Posted at 11:17 am, 11th June 2002
RMS Oceanic said:
Hi. As you may (not) know, I am running EF Graveyard, which will host partially constructed maps. I want to view the .map files so I can see what they look like so far. For some reason, EF Radiant crashes 9/10 times. Which Radiant would be best for just viewing a .map file?

Thanks in advance.

hmm i dont see why they shouldnt load in efraidiant as they where allmost certainly all built for EFRaidiant right!!
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Chief Science Officer on the USS Serenity
FliX/mapper/flix_inc@hotmail.com

"man is only free under Equaly free men": M.Bakunin
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 5:19 pm, 11th June 2002
This is what we call bumping, you posted in an old topic. DONT DO IT Muhahaha

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Commanding Officer - Starbase 460
Member of the Year 2002
REMEMBER: Scooter crashed the SQL Server on 25th November 2002 - really? did he? i forgot that
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 10:19 pm, 11th June 2002
You're right Flix (about they all working), but Simmo is right too, no bumping!