EFMods Forum Archive
[Click here to go to EFMods.com]

Ideas

EFMods Forum Archive - Project: Elite Roleplaying
Logalot
Lieutenant

Posted at 11:53 pm, 6th October 2002
Post your ideas for the RP map/other projects here! The more the better, and anyone can do it! Some of the deck plans can be found at:

http://www.eliterpg.vze.com/
Co-Manager of Elite Roleplaying
Had nightmares of all the bad ideas recieved about the ERP map.
Dogbert
Commander

Posted at 12:07 am, 7th October 2002
Oh, just got an idea. When a guy at a console presses a button for the View Screen to pop up then you should make it so that the guy your contacting moves his lips like he's talking to you. then you would say something, and then a guy at a certain console that has the button on it pushes another button and the person that you contact moves his lips again. and when you want to close the channel then you simply press the button that you pressed before to open the channel, to close the channel.

Navigator - USS Serenity

Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 12:11 am, 7th October 2002
That sounds hard. On the old forums I suggested that you should be able to change the viewscreen between a starfield, one or two comm channels, etc. So that Simmo doesn't have to stand up at the front anymore.

Captain of the USS Serenity
Logalot
Lieutenant

Posted at 12:17 am, 7th October 2002
Yes, I remember that, but S5's idea is nothing comapred to some of the ones I've gotten at the old forums. Hey, Scooter, can you get on the EFmods chat right now?
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 12:20 am, 7th October 2002
Be there in a bit. Stupid quakenet takes so long to connect to.

Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 6:55 am, 7th October 2002
Idea: Make it so that a shuttle moves out of the bay at the press of a button. Pressing it again brings it back inside.

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Commanding Officer - Starbase 460
Member of the Year 2002
REMEMBER: Scooter crashed the SQL Server on 25th November 2002 - really? did he? i forgot that
Logalot
Lieutenant

Posted at 4:50 pm, 7th October 2002
That's another good one, we thought about making it go around the ship and then come back in, but that would be rather hard to program, and chances are the out side of the ship will look like a 6 decker caker that's be stomped on and someone hastily reassembled it in no particular order. But, we could create a "shell" for the ship, with the actuall ship in the middle of a starship frame. Hmm... Never thought of that before.
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 4:57 pm, 7th October 2002
Thanks, i thought of it in less than 5 minutes this morning.

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Member of the Year 2002
REMEMBER: Scooter crashed the SQL Server on 25th November 2002 - really? did he? i forgot that
carlos_technology
Commodore

Posted at 7:52 pm, 7th October 2002
heres another idea, add a replicator to sickbay, that when you activate it it gives you a regen, like how to get the hypo from engineering on ctf_deralict2

Captain of...
visit the Offical Irc channel #efmods on irc.quakenet.org
Lt. Crusader
Posted at 1:06 am, 8th October 2002
how about this...........(LOG PLZ DONT just look at my name and assume it is impossible.)

Ok

1. Transporter traps. Like BI and D2. EXEPT you know how to activate it right?(HTE) There should be one of those for each deck at a security station/room that beams them into the containment feild then into the brig. BUT......in the brig you can only activate from the outside. AND you can escape BUT you need someone outside to activate it.

2. breachable warp core....like D2.

3. Airlocks.......Heres the deal........to get into the shuttlebay you must go through a double door...and when the shuttle leaves......anyone in the shuttlebay will die until the doors shut.

4. Push to open jeff tubes......being realistic...with all horizontal jeff tubes in the show(not vert) you have to push a console at each door.....

5. A secret tunnel....just on like in D1 (HTE) ill show u if you see me
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 1:22 am, 8th October 2002
Some of those are just stupid things that shouldn't be in RPG, like secret tunnel. The new RPG map should be realistic to StarTrek.

Logalot
Lieutenant

Posted at 1:34 am, 8th October 2002
Lt. Crusader said:
how about this...........(LOG PLZ DONT just look at my name and assume it is impossible.)

Ok

1. Transporter traps. Like BI and D2. EXEPT you know how to activate it right?(HTE) There should be one of those for each deck at a security station/room that beams them into the containment feild then into the brig. BUT......in the brig you can only activate from the outside. AND you can escape BUT you need someone outside to activate it.
There will probably only be 1 trap

2. breachable warp core....like D2.
Maybe, we'd have to make the core dissappear, and then have something to make it reappear when the ship gets a new one

3. Airlocks.......Heres the deal........to get into the shuttlebay you must go through a double door...and when the shuttle leaves......anyone in the shuttlebay will die until the doors shut.
Airloacks, yes. Shuttlebay, yes. But no one will die when the shuttle leaves

4. Push to open jeff tubes......being realistic...with all horizontal jeff tubes in the show(not vert) you have to push a console at each door.....
Possibly, but it needs to be functional as well as realistic

5. A secret tunnel....just on like in D1 (HTE) ill show u if you see me
Probably not, like Scooter said, not reaslistic. When it comes to places to hide, the Jefferies should be good enough

Dogbert
Commander

Posted at 2:03 am, 8th October 2002
Lt. Crusader said:

If i may use this as the basis of my idea... i was thinking if you have at a security station certain buttons that you could press space on (or panels) then that deck (or section) would be sealed.

If that wouldn't work then "Plan B". Press ONE button (or console) and everybody gets isolated in forcefields no matter who you are.
[I'm not really for this second idea but... hey, it's plan b.]

Navigator - USS Serenity

Manhunter
Commander

Posted at 2:06 am, 8th October 2002
That is a very interesting idea Eek! but a very hard thing to do I dont even think you can manage to do it Wha?

Chief of Security/Tactical on the USS Serenity

Dogbert
Commander

Posted at 2:13 am, 8th October 2002
I strive to give them challenges. LOL!

Navigator - USS Serenity

Manhunter
Commander

Posted at 2:15 am, 8th October 2002
That is a very hard challenge Na na!

Chief of Security/Tactical on the USS Serenity

Dogbert
Commander

Posted at 2:20 am, 8th October 2002
I know it is! What ever!

*Looks at some spam then figures its ok to spam again.*

Navigator - USS Serenity

sporto78
Captain

Posted at 4:29 am, 8th October 2002
Here's my idea. I think the outside of the ship should be created as well as an airlock. Once people enter the airlock, they change their skins to ones of their characters in space suits. Then they open the outer door and can walk around on the hull. Perhaps we should have access panels out there that can open so we can make repairs, etc.

I think that would be a VERY cool feature.

Commander Sporto78
Chief Engineer
U.S.S. Serenity

Life is good.
Lt. Crusader
Posted at 11:28 am, 8th October 2002
I though it would be cool to have a double airlock(safety feature) but.....log already said nope............i think there should be a security room....and the brig doors opened from the outside
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 3:47 pm, 8th October 2002
Lt. Crusader said:
I though it would be cool to have a double airlock(safety feature) but.....log already said nope............i think there should be a security room....and the brig doors opened from the outside

If we're going for realism you need a double airlock (DS9 had double airlocks too), and I like the brig/security office idea too.

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Member of the Year 2002
Logalot
Lieutenant

Posted at 8:02 pm, 8th October 2002
Hmmmm... But what do you mean by double airlocks?
carlos_technology
Commodore

Posted at 8:05 pm, 8th October 2002
well, its a room with 2 doors, one on the inside and one on the outside, the inside door is always open, when you go through the inner door you press a panel and the inner door closes and the room depressurizes and the outer doors open so you can go outside, but make sure you wear a suit.

you can find an example in the deralict2 shuttlebay

Captain of...
sporto78
Captain

Posted at 8:58 pm, 8th October 2002
He means a double airlock, which would be 2 of what Carlos just said put together. So that the outer door of one airlock is the inner of the second, like in DS9.

Commander Sporto78
Chief Engineer
U.S.S. Serenity

Life is good.
carlos_technology
Commodore

Posted at 9:02 pm, 8th October 2002
why is there 3 airlock doors in a double airlock?

Captain of...
sporto78
Captain

Posted at 9:09 pm, 8th October 2002
Why would they need 4?

Commander Sporto78
Chief Engineer
U.S.S. Serenity

Life is good.
Lt. Crusader
Posted at 1:40 am, 9th October 2002
log.........can i do rough designs(not the ones you have to use) of decks 3&6........what did u use powerpoint?
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 3:12 am, 9th October 2002
PowerPoint? That's NOT a drawing program. It's for making presentations. What you want is a drawing program or a paint program. An example of a drawing program is Adobe Illustrator. An example of a paint program is Adobe Photoshop or JASC Paint Shop Pro.

sporto78
Captain

Posted at 3:29 am, 9th October 2002
My roomate uses powerpoint all the time to make drawing of things. He's actually really good at it.

Commander Sporto78
Chief Engineer
U.S.S. Serenity

Life is good.
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 3:45 am, 9th October 2002
Yeah, you can draw stuff in Word or Excel too, but you're better off using a proper program for that.

Commander luke
Commander

Posted at 5:50 am, 9th October 2002
Lt. Crusader said:
log.........can i do rough designs(not the ones you have to use) of decks 3&6........what did u use powerpoint?

I don't mind. And yeah powerpoint? I used microsoft paintshop. I HATE photoshop, it was gross overkill. You can use the ones we have, or you could start over.
Damn, lost 400 posts...
Lt. Crusader
Posted at 11:54 am, 9th October 2002
ok luke.....that looked like PP because some of your angles were off........im going to show my ideas....BTW im all for a fight on the deck idea...it happened in movies and shows.......look at Deladues2.......you can go out and its still big inside
Commander luke
Commander

Posted at 12:38 pm, 9th October 2002
You know whats really funny?
we usually have people sign-up and never post.
but now we have Lt.Crusader who posts but didn't sign-up.

Strange eh?
Damn, lost 400 posts...
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 3:49 pm, 9th October 2002
PowerPoint, I use that to do basic drawings of stuff, its easy for stuff like that.

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Member of the Year 2002
Logalot
Lieutenant

Posted at 8:25 pm, 9th October 2002
For the deck maps I critiqued, I used Grpahics Converter(Which is grossly horrible), since my love and joy Photoshop wouldn't work natively with OS X. Ahhh... But now... PHOTOSHOP 7! Hooray! FEEEEEEEEL THE POWER! Grin
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 12:40 am, 10th October 2002
Commander luke said:
You know whats really funny?
we usually have people sign-up and never post.
but now we have Lt.Crusader who posts but didn't sign-up.

Strange eh?

That IS strange.

Oh and BTW, Photoshop is what the professionals use, which is why it seems like overkill. It's not designed for the average user like Paint Shop Pro is. And then there's people like Kevin Chapman who uses Microsoft Paint.

Lt. Crusader
Posted at 10:59 am, 10th October 2002
helllooooo.....IM DOING A SKETCH/AN OUTLINE...powerpoint should be fine
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 4:43 pm, 10th October 2002
Or of course there's always pencil and paper........

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Member of the Year 2002
Dogbert
Commander

Posted at 4:48 pm, 10th October 2002
You know i'd probably use powerpoint before resorting to pencil and paper! ROFL

Navigator - USS Serenity

Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 1:33 am, 11th October 2002
Pencil and paper is so much faster. I would rather use that and then scan it in.

Logalot
Lieutenant

Posted at 1:56 am, 12th October 2002
I did many of the preliminary designs of the ship on pen and paper, but I don't have a scanner, so it was more a brainstorming kinda thing.
(peeved) Lt. Crusader
Posted at 3:47 am, 12th October 2002
I JUST TRIED.....it says birtday format not right crap....i even copied the exaple exept changed the year to 1988(real year)
carlos_technology
Commodore

Posted at 4:12 pm, 12th October 2002
you can also make things with Adobe Acrobat

Captain of...
Lt. Crusader
Posted at 6:58 pm, 12th October 2002
oops.....my last post in this thread was concerning registering.....its wont accept birthday format?
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 7:39 pm, 12th October 2002
maybe you are typing it in the american way, like

10/28/88

This goes

day/month/year and there aren't 28 months so it won't accept it

type it like

28/10/88
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.
Ens. Crusader
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Posted at 1:32 pm, 2nd November 2002
You guys better put in a science lab....or else (needs one anyway)
Asistant cheif science officer USS Serinity