EFMods Forum Archive
[Click here to go to EFMods.com]

Ensign Kim's Sernity map

EFMods Forum Archive - Voyager Season 8
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 4:34 am, 9th October 2002
The spelling mistake in the title is intentional. That's how Mikey spelt it when he made the map. Not only that, but in the zip file was just a bsp. I had to package it myself. It's an alpha version, right? Right now it's rubbish in my opinion. The entire layout is conjectural. The bridge isn't even canon! (And he used my viewscreen texture without asking.)

I'm beginning to lose faith in you my friend. Please prove me wrong.

Captain of the USS Serenity
Manhunter
Commander

Posted at 4:36 am, 9th October 2002
I saw it when Scooter was looking at it and its a load of rubbish as scooter said

Chief of Security/Tactical on the USS Serenity

Dogbert
Commander

Posted at 4:57 am, 9th October 2002
I'd like to call it a beginner map that doesn't appeal to my taste. Smile

Navigator - USS Serenity

sporto78
Captain

Posted at 5:35 am, 9th October 2002
What, does he have it up for d/l?

Commander Sporto78
Chief Engineer
U.S.S. Serenity

Life is good.
Commander luke
Commander

Posted at 5:42 am, 9th October 2002
No, he let us see it in MSN messenger. Yeah, Mikey I think you tried to do WAY too much at once. Finish making the bridge, ready room and conference room canon and then start work on decks 2 and 3. But, for a very rough start it was okay. Oh, and Mikey you may want to stick to the actual deck layout. (not mine) But the messhall does not have two decks etc. Take a look at the MSD.
Damn, lost 400 posts...
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 3:19 pm, 9th October 2002
I like the 2-deck mess hall idea. I think the ship is looking great for the amount of work thats gone into it. With better textures (more colour), added lighting, a canon bridge, finished rooms, canon replicators, higher cielings, bridge textures turned around facing the right way, chairs made hollow, chairs facing the right way, more voy style corridors.................................. it would be a lot better. But from what's done so far, good start.

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Commanding Officer - Starbase 460
Member of the Year 2002
REMEMBER: Scooter crashed the SQL Server on 25th November 2002 - really? did he? i forgot that
Mikey_Carr
Commander

Posted at 6:10 pm, 9th October 2002
Simmo666 said:
I like the 2-deck mess hall idea. I think the ship is looking great for the amount of work thats gone into it. With better textures (more colour), added lighting, a canon bridge, finished rooms, canon replicators, higher cielings, bridge textures turned around facing the right way, chairs made hollow, chairs facing the right way, more voy style corridors.................................. it would be a lot better. But from what's done so far, good start.

Is that a good compliment i see? it can't be everyone is determinded to say it is shit. But not simmo wow!

Chief of Operations on the USS Serenity

Legend Of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time, Again!!!!! With the new GC Version!!!!!
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 6:25 pm, 9th October 2002
Ensign_Kim said:
Simmo666 said:

Is that a good compliment i see? it can't be everyone is determinded to say it is ****. But not simmo wow!

All the more reason to vote for me Wink lol.

But I honestly think its good.

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Member of the Year 2002
REMEMBER: Scooter crashed the SQL Server on 25th November 2002 - really? did he? i forgot that
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 8:35 pm, 9th October 2002
Scooter, you don't have to package up a map, all you have to do is make a maps folder in your baseEF and put the bsp in it.
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 8:37 pm, 9th October 2002
Dobberman said:
Scooter, you don't have to package up a map, all you have to do is make a maps folder in your baseEF and put the bsp in it.

Does that work the same for textures/models etc too??? Maybe that's a problem that could have happened about my pk3's models not showing up for you in the Akira Mod.

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Member of the Year 2002
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 8:53 pm, 9th October 2002
yeah but usually pk3's overwrite them
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 8:58 pm, 9th October 2002
Ah, i always wondered what people had those folders there for.

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Member of the Year 2002