[Click here to go to EFMods.com]

Another OT - Ranks

EFMods Forum Archive - Off Topic
RMS Oceanic
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Posted at 2:44 pm, 19th April 2002
Hey, I'm curious:

1. Who gets custom ranks/rank pics?

2. What is the standard rank system (5 for 2nd year Cadet, 10 for 3rd year etc.)

3. Can anyone get said custom ranks after reaching x posts, or is it for the people that fits in question 1?
Intended Ocean Liners

EF Graveyard

My babies! Grin
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 4:30 pm, 19th April 2002
Hmm, I'm curious, WHY DID YOU JUST POST 23 POSTS AT ONCE!!!!! I didn't post that many!

THAT IS CALLED SPAMMING! WHY DIDN'T YOU READ THE FAQ. IT WOULD DO YOU A LOT OF GOOD (thanks to Vanhal for showing me this Wink )

Quote:
How do I change my rank?
In general you cannot directly change the wording of any rank (ranks appear below your username in topics and on your profile depending on the style used). Most boards use ranks to indicate the number of posts you have made and to identify certain users, e.g. moderators and administrators may have a special rank. Please do not abuse the board by posting unnecessarily just to increase your rank, you will probably find the moderator or administrator will simply lower your post count.

And through hard work, and posting to answer your insane spamming, I have been promoted to full Lieutenant. I think HorckDude, Dobberman, and Worf55 have special ranks. I thought .:TCN:. had one but I think I was mistaken. Wha?

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Commanding Officer - Starbase 460
Member of the Year 2002
REMEMBER: Scooter crashed the SQL Server on 25th November 2002 - really? did he? i forgot that
RMS Oceanic
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Posted at 4:44 pm, 19th April 2002
Sorry, man. I just get excited when I join a new forum. At the Ritualistic forums, I had 70 posts within 3 hours!

Thanks for the info.
Intended Ocean Liners

EF Graveyard

My babies! Grin
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 11:43 pm, 19th April 2002
HorckDude has a special rank? I don't think so Wha?

Worf55 does though Wink He with his almighty post count of 4 Wink
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 1:31 pm, 20th April 2002
If HorckDude doesnt have a special rank, how come he is a Rear Admiral with his post count of 7?

BTW, could someone tell me what the names of all the Admiral Ranks are?

2 pips is Rear Admiral
5 pips is Fleet Admiral

What are 1, 3, and 4, not just here, but in the Star Trek World and navy world aswell.

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Member of the Year 2002
REMEMBER: Scooter crashed the SQL Server on 25th November 2002 - really? did he? i forgot that
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 2:50 pm, 20th April 2002
I thought you meant Special Special Ranks Wink HorckDude is a Rear Admiral because he is a moderator. Worf55 has a special rank of Kai!
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 11:08 am, 21st April 2002
If HorckDude is a moderator, why doesnt he ever come here, and what is his role in this mod?

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Member of the Year 2002
Dobberman
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 11:33 am, 21st April 2002
He's a betatester. He comes whenever a test has been released and posts in the beta testers forums. He doesn't come here much because he has his own MOD's forums to worry about.