EFMods Forum Archive
[Click here to go to EFMods.com]

LockedBoard Policies and Warning System

EFMods Forum Archive - General
Fleet Admiral

Posted at 12:07 am, 20th April 2002
Alright, this board, in it's short life, has had a big history of spamming. Simmo666 and Allendude have both learned their lesson (I hope) but the newbies (Wink) here should be aware that if they spam, then we (the mods and admins) will have to take action. It's not a really fun board when the place is flooded with spam. I expect this place to get busier once the mod is released and so some ground rules will be put in place from now on.

From the Board's FAQ:
In general you cannot directly change the wording of any rank (ranks appear below your username in topics and on your profile depending on the style used). Most boards use ranks to indicate the number of posts you have made and to identify certain users, e.g. moderators and administrators may have a special rank. Please do not abuse the board by posting unnecessarily just to increase your rank, you will probably find the moderator or administrator will simply lower your post count

For one thing, the article in the FAQ is now to be strickly enforced. If you spam beyond exceptable tolerance, then you will get a warning, and your post count will be set back to 0. And don't think the Elite Spammer is an Idol Threat.

I don't want to be too pushy, I know that joining a new board can be exciting, everyone from the Raven boards felt it when they went to the Ritualistic boards, people there manages to get 200+ posts in a few hours. The natives were really annoyed, as will I be if the same thing starts to happen here. So please:

NO Bumping

NO Spamming

NO Bullying

NO Flame Wars

NO Predudice

NO Discussion of Warez/Illegal Downloads

Please, try and stay in check, I won't go all facist or anything and totally crack down on the slightest problem, but please don't let it go out of hand!

Thanks for your time!

Check the post in the off topic for rules there.

The Warning system
The new system uses CARDs, yes thats right cards.
There is 4 different flavors:

Blue cards - these are the ones you'll see the most because its the only ones you can use. If you come across a post that brakes the rules or is offencive or something like that, you click the blue card that will be in the top right hand corner of the post. If two different ppl do this a message will be sent to the mods of the forum and we will inspect it. That when we use the....

Yellow Cards - (mods take note) if we agree with you and it does brake the rules or what ever we (mods) can click this "yellow" card and you will have a yellow card, 10 yellow cards and YOURRRRRRRRR OUT i.e Ban for a period of time (a week, month depends on how i'm feeling and how much you pissed me off).

Red card - This is the same as getting 10 yellows, you really pissed one of the Admins off to get one of these (only admins can use this).

Green Card - This is your saver, this is the unbanning button, YEAY.

Thats about it, i hope i won't have to use any of this TOO much. hehehe REVANGE.
No matter what I choose, no matter how much I buy, the ones I love will always be the ones who pay. Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, "with great parents comes great reliability." This is my gift; their purse. Who am I? I'm Dobberman.