EFMods Forum Archive
[Click here to go to EFMods.com]

VG...those ships

EFMods Forum Archive - Virtual Game Comments
Lt. Crusader
Posted at 7:20 am, 20th October 2002
To the commanding officer U.S.S. Serenity NCC-72694 or USS Columbia

hello....most of you know me from RPG.....but i have been wondering............I am reqesting trasfer to the U.S.S. Serenity NCC-72694 or USS Columbia

Here is my "resimay"

Name: Crusader, Evan
Species:Male, Human
POB:Earth
Skills/degreesGrinaystrom award in warp theory, Adv. Skills at arms:Starfleet acadamy, Adv. Weapons systemsUhhhh!tarfleet academy
Positions qualified for:Main engineer, armory officer, WSO
Reccomendation:Captain USS Peridote.
Expiriance:maker of the Crusader class shuttle. Main engineer USS Peridote
Known Infractions:none

Requesting transfer to U.S.S. Serenity NCC-72694 or USS Columbia. Transfer sent. No reply to date.

(psst......please accept tranfer)
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 2:10 pm, 20th October 2002
Oooh, very formal request.

Which ship you get posted to is really your choice. After that you can pick a position and your character will replace the NPC (you can't replace real characters).

We all started out as cadets or ensigns, so I don't think you should get to start all the way up at Lieutenant.

Captain of the USS Serenity
Ens. Crusader
Posted at 9:34 pm, 20th October 2002
how about ensign? (honorary for winning the daystrom award)

I am requesting posting as armory officer or engineers assistant.

( i have a wicked "plot" for me to come onto the U.S.S. Serenity)
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 9:44 pm, 20th October 2002
Ensign will be fine, its the trend these days to join as Ensign I think.

Those positions should be fine to have.

What's this plot? Send it to me in a pm.
(EDIT: No wait, I realised if your not signed in you cant send a pm, so send it in an email to tomsimpson13@hotmail.com so not to spoil it for others)

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Commanding Officer - Starbase 460
Member of the Year 2002
REMEMBER: Scooter crashed the SQL Server on 25th November 2002 - really? did he? i forgot that
Manhunter
Commander

Posted at 11:01 pm, 20th October 2002
I think he got signed it because I saw Eek! him online with the username "Lt.Crusader" Wink

Chief of Security/Tactical on the USS Serenity

Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 11:42 pm, 20th October 2002
He can't seem to log back in again I think.

Yeah, ensign is fine. We can't accept transfers from imaginary starships, and we're not big enough to be recognized by Tango Fleet and others like them.

Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 11:45 pm, 20th October 2002
Scooter said:
He can't seem to log back in again I think.

Yeah, ensign is fine. We can't accept transfers from imaginary starships, and we're not big enough to be recognized by Tango Fleet and others like them.

You dont need to be big to be recognised by them, you can request to join it, although you need to be a PBEM RPG (Play by E-mail RPG) to join.

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Member of the Year 2002
REMEMBER: Scooter crashed the SQL Server on 25th November 2002 - really? did he? i forgot that
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 11:57 pm, 20th October 2002
As a ship they might recognize us, but they don't recognize us as a fleet.

I think to join their fleet they might also not like that we use NPCs. I think all their characters are real people, but I'm not sure.

Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 12:03 am, 21st October 2002
Scooter said:
As a ship they might recognize us, but they don't recognize us as a fleet.

I think to join their fleet they might also not like that we use NPCs. I think all their characters are real people, but I'm not sure.

No, they have NPC's just like we do. Remember, half my ideas I "borrowed" from them, including the ON and OFF, the +comunications+, many other ways of posting etc.

For example, the USS Hyperion-D: http://ussstormcrow.com/uss-hyperion/

Look in the manifest, you'll see NPC's there. And in the players manifest you'll see me in Engineering Grin

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Member of the Year 2002
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 5:01 pm, 25th October 2002
I did some research on this topic of how to join tango fleet, and this is what it says:

Quote:
If you want your pre-existing vessel/station/facility to join Tango Fleet:
The ship wishing to join Tango Fleet must have either made all attempts to reconcile differences with its previous Fleet, or else have operated as an independent ship for at least 3 months.

You must already have a crew of (minimum) ten active officers that posts regularly.

The ship should make a formal request to the Commander-In-Chief, and agree to abide by all Tango Fleet rules, making changes to the ship and/or its web site where necessary.

Your ship must follow the same general posting standards as Tango Fleet, and be willing to conform to Tango Fleet's stated Rules and Regulations. This may or may not involve changes to ship design if necessary.

The ship must then undertake a trial period of approximately 3 months, under the supervision of a Division Advisor. During this time, the ship may not receive any cadets from the Academy, nor vote in Command Council proceedings. The Division Advisor should observe the ship's posting rate, crew behaviour and enthusiasm and offer suggestions where necessary.

If, after the trial period, the Division Advisor is satisfied that the ship meets Tango Fleet requirements, then the ship shall be admitted to Tango Fleet with all rights and entitlements of the other ships.

Well, I dont think we really want to join it, but I just felt like posting this since we found it.

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Member of the Year 2002
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 5:17 pm, 25th October 2002
Rules and regulations, no thanks! They would force us to switch to PBEM. We've got more than 10 active officers, but not 10 people who post frequently.

Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 5:20 pm, 25th October 2002
Scooter said:
Rules and regulations, no thanks! They would force us to switch to PBEM. We've got more than 10 active officers, but not 10 people who post frequently.

Yeah thats why we wouldnt want to. And posting frequently means twice a week for senior officers (unless there is a good reason) and once a week for other crewmembers (unless there is a good reason).

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Member of the Year 2002
Logalot
Lieutenant

Posted at 9:15 pm, 25th October 2002
Yeah, personally, doing things OUR way sounds better to me. Plus, the person in charge of VG seems to be Simmo, and we can, of course talk to him and ask him about stuff and make requests, but I don't think the same thing can be said about the head of Tango fleet. And 3 months with no new members? This just seems a bit strict.
Co-Manager of Elite Roleplaying
Had nightmares of all the bad ideas recieved about the ERP map.