EFMods Forum Archive
[Click here to go to EFMods.com]

Now ive had some ideas

EFMods Forum Archive - Project: Elite Roleplaying
Ens.Crusader
Posted at 4:24 pm, 21st October 2002
Sam and I were talking a day ago and ive had some ideas

1. To make a realistic transporter you need two transporters in a room(or the second way) The person stands on one and says:Transporter room(or if we have a small runabout or shuttle) one to beam out. In the other room the person activates the T-trap that is the pad the person is standing on. They are beamed to them. They grab somthing then stand on the outgoing pad and say. One to beam out, the transporter cheif walks to the second pannel, pushes it. And voila. They are beamed back to the runabout?

2. In one horizontal jeff tube have a breachable EPS conduit?
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 5:04 pm, 21st October 2002
Ens.Crusader said:
1. To make a realistic transporter you need two transporters in a room(or the second way) The person stands on one and says:Transporter room(or if we have a small runabout or shuttle) one to beam out. In the other room the person activates the T-trap that is the pad the person is standing on. They are beamed to them. They grab somthing then stand on the outgoing pad and say. One to beam out, the transporter cheif walks to the second pannel, pushes it. And voila. They are beamed back to the runabout?

Thats a really cool idea, and I'd love to see that used!

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Commanding Officer - Starbase 460
Member of the Year 2002
REMEMBER: Scooter crashed the SQL Server on 25th November 2002 - really? did he? i forgot that
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 7:07 pm, 21st October 2002
That's an excellent idea.

Captain of the USS Serenity
Ens.Crusader
Posted at 7:49 pm, 21st October 2002
Ill be science officer/transporter cheif

i though so to
Logalot
Lieutenant

Posted at 8:14 pm, 21st October 2002
Hmmmm... So, would these pads in the room be hidden, to be more realistic? Interesting idea, I guess we would have to have seperate panals for each pad? Or would they all be activated by one pad?
Co-Manager of Elite Roleplaying
Had nightmares of all the bad ideas recieved about the ERP map.
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 9:00 pm, 21st October 2002
The transporter pad on the ship would be obvious, but on the planet it would have to be marked with transporter enhancers. Either that or try to remember where you beamed in and remember the spot.

To activate, you could probably split the console in the transporter room so that the left side beams out and the right side beams in or something like that.

Logalot
Lieutenant

Posted at 9:15 pm, 21st October 2002
Well, he mentioned transporter spots in other rooms, such as the bridge, I was wondering if these would be hidden or not.
Co-Manager of Elite Roleplaying
Had nightmares of all the bad ideas recieved about the ERP map.
Ens.Crusader
Posted at 11:25 pm, 21st October 2002
Muhahaha Muhahaha Muhahaha Muhahaha Muhahaha Muhahaha Muhahaha Muhahaha Muhahaha

TRANSPORTER PADS

I MEAN ONE ON THE RUNABOUT OR PLANET....NOT THE Bridge

*calms down*
Commander luke
Commander

Posted at 5:04 am, 22nd October 2002
LOL, anyways thats a really good idea. Wonder why we never thought of that before...
Damn, lost 400 posts...
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 2:18 pm, 22nd October 2002
Probably because everybody was too busy thinking up impossible ideas.

carlos_technology
Commodore

Posted at 1:23 pm, 23rd October 2002
Ens.Crusader said:
Sam and I were talking a day ago and ive had some ideas

2. In one horizontal jeff tube have a breachable EPS conduit?

good idea

Captain of...
visit the Offical Irc channel #efmods on irc.quakenet.org